Flavors Good At High Voltage

I start too many new threads... :innocent:

I finally got my Big Kazoo working, and as I expected, a lot of flavors just lose it at 5v. I like everything else about it, aside from having to drip a lot. Constantly. That's not so good...

So I was just wondering what other 5-6v vapers like. Bonus points if it can be purchased in an ounce or more.

Thanks!

VT Tobacco and Sweet Dawn are good at 5V, IMO.

Thanks. I have VT Tobacco so I'll have to try that when my batteries recharge.

Yeah, at 6v I was getting about two days per atomizer. Fingers crossed, on 5v I'll make it to three! :thumbsup:

In all reality... if you purchase the right oHm rated atty then it should last you just as long as any others. That's one of the many reasons we get to pick... so it pairs up properly with out devices! Obviously, the higher the voltage you use, the higher the resistance should be so it can withstand the bigger/more powerful battery. Someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong here, but isn't that why they make different rated attys, for use on different variable voltage devices?? :thumbsup:

yup lr's are for lower voltage like ego/riva 3.7 volts and less. The higher ohm's are for the higher voltage 4-5 dif anything over 5 v I would go with HR attys

I used various resistance and HV attys when at 6V, but saw no difference in life. I do know that they didn't give me the throat hit I needed at the time. I started vaping at higher voltages because I wanted a better throat hit. Using an HV atty defeated the purpose.

I used various resistance and HV attys when at 6V, but saw no difference in life. I do know that they didn't give me the throat hit I needed at the time. I started vaping at higher voltages because I wanted a better throat hit. Using an HV atty defeated the purpose.

You gotta get some PG up in that juice brother, lol. The reason I say that, is because I had to mix some juice up the other day that had like 20% VG in it, just to thicken it up a bit really. Well I haven't had any VG in a long time... I seriously thought something was wrong at first when it was so weak in flavor and throat hit. It only took that small of an amount to jack up my juice! It honestly does affect the flavor and throat hit in a really negative way... so I will remember not to do that again! I can't recall... are you one of those 50/50 guys or what? You know what else is odd, I haven't really even noticed a drop in TH since I started dropping nic level either, which I was expecting. I started up there in the 24 and 36mg range, and have worked down to the 6 - 12mg range, throat hit is still good too. I'm startin' to think it has more to do with the fact that I'm all PG maybe? I know that if I were a 'dripper' I would much rather have a bit of thickness to my juice so it doesn't just run right out the bottom of the atty. But you know how it is... PG obviously performs much better in cartos, and I get along well with them. :thumbsup:

Edited by DAYVAPE

You gotta get some PG up in that juice brother, lol. The reason I say that, is because I had to mix some juice up the other day that had like 20% VG in it, just to thicken it up a bit really. Well I haven't had any VG in a long time... I seriously thought something was wrong at first when it was so weak in flavor and throat hit. It only took that small of an amount to jack up my juice! It honestly does affect the flavor and throat hit in a really negative way... so I will remember not to do that again! I can't recall... are you one of those 50/50 guys or what? You know what else is odd, I haven't really even noticed a drop in TH since I started dropping nic level either, which I was expecting. I started up there in the 24 and 36mg range, and have worked down to the 6 - 12mg range, throat hit is still good too. I'm startin' to think it has more to do with the fact that I'm all PG maybe? I know that if I were a 'dripper' I would much rather have a bit of thickness to my juice so it doesn't just run right out the bottom of the atty. But you know how it is... PG obviously performs much better in cartos, and I get along well with them. :thumbsup:

Back then I was all PG (VT juice) and I know that the TH at 6V kept me from lighting up a few times back when I was having some bad cravings. Now, when I DIY is us 20% VG. I have dropped down to 4.9V, but and I get great throat hit with my 80/20 mix at 24mg. I haven't had any cravings for several months now and I think that's the reason I've been able to go down in voltage. While I still like throat hit, I don't think it's as crucial as it was for me in the past. Once again I'll say it's all about finding what works for YOU.

I use 3.2 ohm for 6v and 5v. I would never recommend LR attys or cartos on an Ego or Riva, unless you dont mind buying batteries once a month.

Flavors I enjoy at 6v.

Madvapes Butter Rum

Tasty Vapor Waffles

Tasty Vapor Butter Rum

Tasty Vapor Mint Chocolate Chip

Tasty Vapor Geoff's Blend

.... I would never recommend LR attys or cartos on an Ego or Riva, unless you dont mind buying batteries once a month.

I don't quite understand what you mean. I use LR atties and cartos on my eGo all the time and my original batteries are still going since August. Maybe I'm confused? It's happened.

That is great, you have gotten lucky. Mosfet batteries are not designed to work long term with low ohm loads. It some cases they will, but it is not the norm. I typically got 1 month out of them before they stuck on and burnt my leg from my pocket. However, I have moved on to a roughstack, so it is no longer a problem.

That is great, you have gotten lucky. Mosfet batteries are not designed to work long term with low ohm loads. It some cases they will, but it is not the norm. I typically got 1 month out of them before they stuck on and burnt my leg from my pocket. However, I have moved on to a roughstack, so it is no longer a problem.

Maybe you were just unlucky? Seems like most people using the eGo are using LR attys or LR cartos and I've never heard of anyone having battery issues like that. Sure, everyone gets dud once in a while, but I've not seen any complaints (until now) of having to replace batteries that often. I don't use the eGo (except on occasion), but I have converted a few people who have been using the same batteries with LR attys for several months now. Doesn't seem to be wide spread issue.

I was just stating my experience, I apologize if it appeared to be a blanket statement. I roached 3 batteries in a row, I was vaping 1.8 ohm cartomizers. If someone is not having issues, by all means continue to do it. On madvapes, my supplier of choice, it clearly states a warning on all attys and cartos 2.0 ohms and below, that they are not designed for use with mosfet batteries. Once I read this it validated the issues I was having. Clearly it is not all mosfet batteries, but I can assure it does happen to some. But I no longer have a use for an ego. I was just trying to save a few pennies for some fellow vapers. Experiences in this case clearly seem to vary. :thumbup: