Refilling Carts

birdievk

Is there a name for the white cottony material in a cart? How many times can it be reused? Also do they sell that white material anywhere? I am on disabiliy income and I am just trying to save a little money because I can't afford to keep buying all the time. I am so happy that I quit smoking but this can be a bit expensive as well. I also don't seem to get alot of time out of a cart and I am worried about that. Seems I should be able to go out for 3 or 4 hours and not worry about changing a cart.. Or am I wrong about that?

Hi birdievk, Your talking about Polly fiber / filler. You can get it at the craft stores, I have blue filler too. You can find that at the pet store in the aquarium area.It's all very inexpensive.

As far as I understand the filler goes bad quickly (2-4) fillings, but you can throw it out and add your own. The carts are plastic and can be rinsed and reused indefinitely as far as I know. Are you refilling your carts? How often you change or refill all depends on how much you vape. I find that I vape a lot more than I smoked. You may find the same.

If cost is an issue like it is with many of us, there are a lot of great companies with very low prices. As soon as you get your method down and know what you like you can find just about everything you need for cheap. Just let us know what your looking for, and we can help you with that.

Good luck and please let us know if you have more questions.

Hi birdievk, Your talking about Polly fiber / filler. You can get it at the craft stores, I have blue filler too. You can find that at the pet store in the aquarium area.It's all very inexpensive.

As far as I understand the filler goes bad quickly (2-4) fillings, but you can throw it out and add your own. The carts are plastic and can be rinsed and reused indefinitely as far as I know. Are you refilling your carts? How often you change or refill all depends on how much you vape. I find that I vape a lot more than I smoked. You may find the same.

If cost is an issue like it is with many of us, there are a lot of great companies with very low prices. As soon as you get your method down and know what you like you can find just about everything you need for cheap. Just let us know what your looking for, and we can help you with that.

Good luck and please let us know if you have more questions.

Thanks so much.. so I can go to a craft store and just ask for Polly fiber/filler, right? Now in a pet store I would ask for blue filler.. I think I reused them too many times. Maybe that is why I am getting that burnt taste.. I think they are falling apart..How do they sell this polly fiber? Does it come in a big wad and we just have to cut it? I guess it doesn't cost much, right? Also what is the best juice and the best way to get a good throat hit? that is what I am most interested in. thanks

Yes, it's like the quilt batting. The blue stuff is filter material for fish tank filters. They are all VERY cheap. You just cut to size to size and shove it in.

All of us had a hard time finding juice we love, Taste is subjective and will start changin on you since you quit smoking. Read some of the reviews for juice on the front page. This may help. All I can say is trial and error. The vendors on VT have good juice from what I hear. You may want to try several vendors till you settle onsomeyou love. I suggest buying small bottles to try so if you hate something your not stuck with a ton of it.

Your welcome!

I like the Fluval Foam that you can get from Petsmart in the aquarium department. A little goes a long way. Pull out your old filler and cut your new filler the same size. I have a question, have you tried washing out your old filler, drying it and reusing it? The filler does break down with repeated use, I was just wondering if it was still usable and you could just clean it and get more life.

I have been using the same box of Fluval for over a year now.It takes a little while to get it right if you get too much or too little it won't work as good.The least amount that you can use is best.

Thanks so much.. so I can go to a craft store and just ask for Polly fiber/filler, right? Now in a pet store I would ask for blue filler.. I think I reused them too many times. Maybe that is why I am getting that burnt taste.. I think they are falling apart..How do they sell this polly fiber? Does it come in a big wad and we just have to cut it? I guess it doesn't cost much, right? Also what is the best juice and the best way to get a good throat hit? that is what I am most interested in. thanks

The best juice vendor for TH for me has been AwesomeVapor.com. I get the 24mg nic level and it's perfect for me. Th is probably top priority for me because it doesn't matter how good the juice tastes if it doesn't give me that TH. I have tried probably 10+ flavors from AV and all have tasted pretty good although I wasn't a real big fan of RY4 or cherry (although there are alot of vapors that love RY4). If you decide to order from AV, use the coupon code "ecf10p" to save 10% of your order.

Is there a name for the white cottony material in a cart? How many times can it be reused? Also do they sell that white material anywhere? I am on disabiliy income and I am just trying to save a little money because I can't afford to keep buying all the time. I am so happy that I quit smoking but this can be a bit expensive as well. I also don't seem to get alot of time out of a cart and I am worried about that. Seems I should be able to go out for 3 or 4 hours and not worry about changing a cart.. Or am I wrong about that?

For better TH, go for a higher mg nic in your juice. If youy're using an eGo battery, try using http://www.vaporking...mizer-blank.htm

They can last you 4-5 days each.

Edited by GPurv

Have you considered direct dripping? I've never done it any other way, as my bud who got me into this started me off this way. Just drip directly onto the atty 2-3 drops and repeat every 7-10 puffs / when you taste the dry, burnt, metallic taste.

Just wanted to add that menthol, or cinnamon, or mint even can also help with throat hit. you could get some of those and try adding a drop or two to your liquid.

To me the cinnamon, peppermint, menthol and mint flavors at 24mg give me a good throat hit. If you can do a hot cinnamon taste, try Geoff's Blend from Tasty Vapor.net (I think), now that will give you a kick instead of a hit. Well, it does for me. Good luck with your problem and maybe soon you can work this out. Ask Kitsune what she does for TH with her diy juices. Maybe that will help.

For those that are using carts, I recommend the Blue Marine (fish aquarium) filter material or the fluval 2 plus (closest to the white filler). Much less melting or burning. The quilt batting or craft store filler--does have a tendency to melt if it gets at all dry in the cart. The aquarium filler also wicks a bit better than the polyfiber filler.

http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2753129 Fluval 2 plus

strictly e juice - Already cut to size (directions for use are on the site)

http://www.amazon.com/Marineland-Duetto-Biological-Filter-Sponge/dp/B0041VTCGC/ref=sr_1_18?ie=UTF8&qid=1300895617&sr=8-18 (something like this one)

Carts really don't last very long--the problem is the amount of time it takes to wick the liquid to the atomizer. I used to add a couple drops to the top of the filler often, from there, I moved to dripping.

Hope that helps a bit.