Help With Carts

birdievk

I have a regular tornado and something doesnt seem right. I fill up the cart the way I am supposed to and I start vaping.. But it seems after about 10 min.. I get a burnt taste and I have to refill another cart.. Shouldnt they last longer then that? I have a friend that has a cheaper e cig and she can use it off and on all day without it going bad. Last night I was at a function and I didnt use it much at all.. But before I was halfway thru the night, that awful burnt taste came again. What am I doing wrong? thanks

You have to refill your carts, or top them off when they start tasting burnt. It takes a bit to get it down and can be frustrating at first, it's the learning curve you will hear about. The inside filler of the cart should always look like a slushy. When you vape with a cart and Atty it's normal to top off every few minutes.

If you don't like that process you may want to try a Cartomizer or a Tank system. They both hold more juice so you have less filling in between uses. You can use both of these parts on your tornado.

No worries it will get easier. :thumbsup:

Your friend with the cheaper version... Is it a 2 piece? She may be using a cartomizer, however I may refill mine 15 times a day. I vape almost constantly. Depending on how much you vape will determine how often you refill anything.

Edited by Beans

You have to refill your carts, or top them off when they start tasting burnt. It takes a bit to get it down and can be frustrating at first, it's the learning curve you will hear about. The inside filler of the cart should always look like a slushy. When you vape with a cart and Atty it's normal to top off every few minutes.

If you don't like that process you may want to try a Cartomizer or a Tank system. They both hold more juice so you have less filling in between uses.

No worries it will get easier. :thumbsup:

So glad you mentioned the tank because that was my next question. I got the regular tonnado kit from TW.. and my sister sent me a mega battery for it as well. I was jsut checking out the tornado tank kit and I think I would like to use something like that. I do have some credit coming from TW and since I cant afford a wh0le new kit my quesion is: Would I be able to buy the Tank Atomized Cartridge's and use them with my mega battery. I am hoping I can turn this into a tank system but not sure if my charger and battery will all work with it. this is very confusing at times.. but I think I like the idea of the tank which in the video on TW it says it lasts for 100 "puffs" which would be really nice.

Yes you can buy the Atty and the tank separately. Remember you need both, but they will work on your batteries. I would disregard anything that says you will get 100 puffs or a cart will last as long as a packs of cigs.. That is simply just a marketing tool. The Tanks do last a long time. Maybe an hour or two for me, but I do vape constantly.

My best advice is, when you leave the house, always carry an extra battery, carts and juice with you. You will be able to figure out in time how much you need to pack around, but you don't ever want to run out. Back ups is something always preached around here.

Edited by Beans

Yes you can buy the Atty and the tank separately. Remember you need both, but they will work on your batteries. I would disregard anything that says you will get 100 puffs or a cart will last as long as a packs of cigs.. That is simply just a marketing tool. The Tanks do last a long time. Maybe an hour or two for me, but I do vape constantly.

I vape alot too. now sure what you man by a tank and an atty. I see a tor tank 1.7 ohm lr cone shaped atomzier for 11.04 or a cone shaped tank atomizer for 14.44. I also see the tank pre filled and empty cartridges.. which of these do I need to turn my tornado into a tank? thanks for your help. I need it Beans

No problem, You will need the tank ATTY. That's the metal part that connects to your battery. I would get at least 2 and a box ot tanks. The clear plastic mouth piece part that attaches to the Atty. They come in a box of 5. I'll go to the web site right now and see if I can help.

No problem, You will need the tank ATTY. That's the metal part that connects to your battery. I would get at least 2 and a box ot tanks. The clear plastic mouth piece part that attaches to the Atty. They come in a box of 5. I'll go to the web site right now and see if I can help.

thanks http://www.totallywicked-eliquid.com/products/tornado-tank-ecig-products.html That is the page I am looking at.

My best advice is to go for the $14 dollar cone tank Atty and the clear 5 pack of empty tank carts. Do you have plenty of juice? It seems like average people go through 2-6 mls of juice daily. I can go as much as 12-15 mls a day.

Also the clear tank mouth parts can be reused cleaned and reused again, but need cleaning between refills for optimal vaping. 2 packs might be good.

My best advice is to go for the $14 dollar cone tank Atty and the clear 5 pack of empty tank carts. Do you have plenty of juice? It seems like average people go through 2-6 mls of juice daily. I can go as much as 12-15 mls a day.

Also the clear tank mouth parts can be reused cleaned and reused again, but need cleaning between refills for optimal vaping. 2 packs might be good.

I have one 30ml juice. ok more questions Beans.. so sorry. I will try to make it easy.

1. So do I only need to buy one of those $14 cone atomizers.. or should I get 2 just in case.

2. Where can I get the best priced juice and what should I get to have the best throat hit? right now I am using the TW pillbox medium 11 mg. It gives a really decent throat hit.. but then after a few hits.. it doesnt taste as good.

3. If I buy the items you suggested, then I am ok with what I have .. the charger I got with the tornado kit and I the mega battery and regular batteries.. Is that right?

4. How do you like the tank compared to the regular way? and do you only use the tank or to you alternate? thanks so much for your help> I couldnt do it without you.

No problems, I want you to succeed!

1. Always have backups. The Atty may last you a day or a month. You can just never know.

2. Vapor Renu sells juice 30 mls for $7 Their TH throat hit isn't strong but higher nic levels tend to give better TH. I don't know how much you smoked. Me 1-2 PPD 27 years. I use 24 mg nic my self. Also to get a better TH. Put it in your mouth, push the button for 2 seconds then draw into your mouth slowly for 5-7 seconds release button then inhale into your lungs. This greatly helps.

3. Yes, you should be fine. However you may want to invest in an extra charger. Mine seem to break after a month or so. Back up of everything is very important for success. If your charger breaks it ma take a week to replace. Then your back to the nasty sticks.

4. I prefer cartomizers myself. I have several tank set ups, however the flavor isn't the same for me. What you need to understand is that what works for some doesn't for others. I have tried attys and carts like you have and hated them. The tank is ehe as far as I'm concerned, but other people swear for by them. I worship my Boge cartomizers but other members can't get them to work well enough to keep buying. It is all subjective.

Remember your on a journey and have to figure out what works best for you. It may seem pricey at first and very confusing, but once you find what works, it can all be found cheaply.

I never thought about getting an extra charger.. but I guess I better get one.. Wondering if it would be cheaper for me to just buy a tank kit.. it is 76.99 fo rthe kit and I would get all this..

2 x 3.7V / 650mAh Black Rechargeable Lithium-Ion Batteries (Manual Operation) with clip-on switch protector.

2 x Cone Shaped Black Tank Atomizers.

1 x Mains to USB Wall Charging unit.

1 x 5V / 450mA High Speed Tornado USB Charger.

5 x Prefilled Tank Atomized Cartridge's (2 x 18mg (High), 2 x 11mg (Med), 1 x 8mg Low)).

2 x Blank Cartridges.

1 x Pouch.

I bet if I figure the cost that this would be the cheapest..Also it gives me 2 more batteries which I wouldnt have bought and then I have 5 batteries tota. that this would be the cheapest.. What do you think, Beans..

Also can you put juice in cartomizers and what is the difference besides one less piece?

Buying a second kit is a GERAT idea. I have gotten 4 my self and am happy I did. I may have gone overboard, but I am determined to never smoke again!

Cartomizers are an Atty/cart all in one. Mine hold about 28 drops of liquid. I top mine off after about 30 minutes of chain vaping. If you can afford a box, I would buy them too. The more options you have to try the greater success IMHO. Then again I have become obsessed with vaping. :rolleyes:

Vapor kings sell Boge 2.0 OHM cartomizers aka cartos for $9 for a back of 5.

Also if you haven't seen them, always look for coupon codes. Most companies have them and can save you between 10-20% of your order total.

Another thought Look at liberty flights. They might have the same items for less money. They are a good source. And FYI at liberty flights they sell RIVAS the eGo/Tornado knock off, I really like my RIVAS.

I know I'm giving you a lot of info. I hope I'm not overwhelming you.

+1 for Beans - awesome job helping out Birdie!! I myself haven't tried the tank system, I"m happy with my boge cartos right now too.

I also agree with beans - always a good idea to have an extra starter kit and your right a lot of times it's a better value then buying everything seperately as well. I've used liberty flights you can get a 20% discount on your whole order just by clicking on the banner at the top of the page where it says get 20% off your order. Check em' out sometime. And let us know how you like what ever you decide to get, whether it be the tank system, cartos, or even e juice/liquid :)

+1 for Beans - awesome job helping out Birdie!! I myself haven't tried the tank system, I"m happy with my boge cartos right now too.

I also agree with beans - always a good idea to have an extra starter kit and your right a lot of times it's a better value then buying everything seperately as well. I've used liberty flights you can get a 20% discount on your whole order just by clicking on the banner at the top of the page where it says get 20% off your order. Check em' out sometime. And let us know how you like what ever you decide to get, whether it be the tank system, cartos, or even e juice/liquid :)

Yes Beans has been a great help.. just confused on what is a boge carto? Also, I am thinking some juices are not as good as other right? I dont want a juice that won't give me a good throat hit. I smoked since I was 15.. so 43 years! and I quit the day I got my e cig.. so it is important that I feel like I am smoking.. Would like to buy the best juice for the cheapest price.. so where can I get that? thanks

The Boge cartomizer is a name brand, I like them some don't. I get mine from Vapor Kings their link is on the front page.

I have a hard time my self finding a juice with great TH. Try reading the juice reviews, that may lead you to something you like. I get the best TH juices at my local shop. They are expensive but when I need that kick. Other wise I get the rest of my juice at Vapor Renu, however many think throat hit is lacking from them. I agree, but their prices are really good, and Im cheap. :rolleyes:

Congrats on the quit! I know what a challenge it is. :animier:

I'm not really any help at all on the TH issue, its' not a huge concern for me I mean I like to feel the vapor when I in hale but I don't need it to be strong either. I really like sweet-vapes(link on main forum page) but they are not the cheapest... for me it's just right but these things are so subjective and vary widely from user to user. I didn't get any TH when I tried Vapor renu's juices so I didn't enjoy them very much but like beans said she and others love their juice.

Be patient by small bottles to try them out before you buy larger quantities is really about the only advice one could give.

There has been great advice given so far. The only thing I really wanted to add was about juices and TH. I value TH as much if not more than flavor basically meaning that I don't care how great the juice tastes if it doesn't give me enough TH. I have tried 4 or 5 different juice vendors and the best ones I've found for TH so far are Awesome Vapor and Gourmet Vapors. Awesome Vapor is slightly cheaper as in price per ml plus Arno throws in a free 3ml sample of a flavor of your choice so you can try another flavor without spending money on it. Awesome Vapors juice has always been great out the bottle but they don't have as big of a selection as some of the other vendors. Gourmet Vapor had a funny smell/taste when I first got it, but after letting it steep for a few days, it went away. I usually order 24mg because it seems to be the perfect nic level for me as far as TH. You also can get 10% off your order at Awesome Vapor with the discount code "ecf10p".

Cartomizers are an Atty/cart all in one.

Beans is right, and there are a LOT of different cartomizers out there for your setup. The best will require a .50 cent syringe from Wallgreens/CVS but will vape for hours, refillable a dozen times and last you 4-5 days each. (and, I'll keep pushing these until Chris tells me to stop! I just wish he'd stock them)

http://www.vaporking...mizer-blank.htm

Edited by GPurv

Just my 2 cents---Great Advice Beans !!!!

I currently alternate between dripping and my Ego Tank. The Tank is great for when I can't drip--driving, working etc. I have found over all the tank system is really one of the easiest systems to come out. I have never been able to make cartomizers work well for me.

Wordup ecig has some great flavors--much of the throat hit comes from nicotine level. I find 12mg to 18mg gives a very nice throat hit.

VT's midnight is also really, really good. Great flavor and great throat hit.