Anyone Tried The Blu Cigs?

Rook

Just curious. I've been seeing more and more adds for Blu e-cigs. Wondering if it is actually a quality product or just fancy packaging/presentation. They describe their attys as "self-cleaning"...? The price isn't too bad, and I do like the idea of the case that charges the batteries. What do you guys/gals think?

I thought seriously about buying one awhile back. But after having experience with Smoke 51 and White Cloud (bad experiences), I thought better of it. You can get charger packs for the Joye 510, I think. As for the atty, my wife has this really cheap e-smoke she got off Amazon that has a similar atomizer to the the Blu. I have to say, that is one vaping monster! Of course, if anything goes wrong, there is no way to find replacement parts. That's another thing that put me off the Blu. If they go out of business, you are stuck with a device you have no way to maintain it.

If you buy one, let us know how it works. The price is pretty nice and it looks really cool!

Just curious. I've been seeing more and more adds for Blu e-cigs. Wondering if it is actually a quality product or just fancy packaging/presentation.

I think most of it's presentation, they had serious potential and the prices where decent. However I've heard nothing but negative feedback about Blu.

They describe their attys as "self-cleaning"...? The price isn't too bad, and I do like the idea of the case that charges the batteries. What do you guys/gals think?

Well why not purchase the Joye510? You can add a charger case as other members have stated. It works really well. I get about 24 hours out of my pack without ever having to charge my battery. You can purchase both the 510 and the charging case from http://www.electronicstix.com/

As for the self cleaning that's a joke. Most of the older models have the "self cleaning" feature. Such as the older RN models as well as the Penstyles. (Some of the DSE901's will still do it) Here's how it works...After about 1000 puffs or so, the chip will activate the battery, leaving the atomizer on for a long period of time. The theory behind this is the atomizer will get so hot that the build up with burn away. This isn't the case, in fact it makes the atomizer taste like utter crap. It's why the newer models no longer have this feature. If you search some of our WAY older posts there are users that complained about the horrible after taste, we also warned early on that when the cleaning feature kicked in to remove the atomizer right away. :)

Hope that helps!

Wow, thanks for all the info Chris. You probably just saved me some money and frustration...the pretty website almost reeled me in :P

I've been thinking of going the 510 route, for my second ecig...but also kinda want a super mini to carry with me when I'm out.

Your welcome that's what we're here for :)

The Super Mini isn't a bad model, and of course the looks are great. But the 510 will create much more vapor, which of course is important if you need your fix. But if you have the money for both, go for it! Both work great for dripping.

The Blu was my first e-cig. The Batteries were really temperamental, and the carts are very poorly designed. I since then have tried the Dragon, and just got a Titan in the mail today. Both the Dragon and Titan are much better then the Blu. The Blu has the potential to work well if the batteries work and the carts were not designed the way they were. Customer service is horrible as well. They didn't seem to know how the product should be working.

just got a Titan in the mail today.

You gotta let me know what you think of the 510. Like you I also ordered a 510, it should be arriving next week.

Back on topic though - I have nothing to give you with this. I've seen the ads, and they are EVERYWHERE! But some research made me think otherwise.

The Blu was my first e-cig. The Batteries were really temperamental, and the carts are very poorly designed. I since then have tried the Dragon, and just got a Titan in the mail today. Both the Dragon and Titan are much better then the Blu. The Blu has the potential to work well if the batteries work and the carts were not designed the way they were. Customer service is horrible as well. They didn't seem to know how the product should be working.

This is how I feel about the Blu too. A lot of the issues does seem to be because of their pre-filled "use it up quick so you can buy more" carts. LOL

You gotta let me know what you think of the 510. Like you I also ordered a 510, it should be arriving next week.

Back on topic though - I have nothing to give you with this. I've seen the ads, and they are EVERYWHERE! But some research made me think otherwise.

Actually, I said it just came in the mail today :P

It's definitely better! I ordered from E wicked, since they have 20% off at the moment and it came with a case. The case was pointless, since it's way to big to pocket. The closest thing I can compare it to is a 3.5" desktop hard drive, but I think it's actually bigger. I would suggest getting the pcc if you need something to carry it in.

Here's a picture comparison the the dragon and the titan case.

post-1013-125090248282_thumb.jpg

Actually, I said it just came in the mail today :P

It's definitely better! I ordered from E wicked, since they have 20% off at the moment and it came with a case. The case was pointless, since it's way to big to pocket. The closest thing I can compare it to is a 3.5" desktop hard drive, but I think it's actually bigger. I would suggest getting the pcc if you need something to carry it in.

Here's a picture comparison the the dragon and the titan case.

Jimminy Cricket that case is ridonkulous!

But enough thread hijack ...

Just curious. I've been seeing more and more adds for Blu e-cigs. Wondering if it is actually a quality product or just fancy packaging/presentation. They describe their attys as "self-cleaning"...? The price isn't too bad, and I do like the idea of the case that charges the batteries. What do you guys/gals think?

I just bought the kit and have been using it for 2 days..It is not as strong as my Smoking everywhere Gold that i bought at the mall and paid to much for.I am a menthol smoker of twenty years and like the Smoking everywhere mint but was looking for portability and liked the blu setup on the ads and videos.The blu box that charges the batteries works well and the accesories are reasonable.I was a pack a day real smoker and use 1 cartrige on the SEG kit a day and 2 in the blue kit.Both kits smoke(Vape) good when a fresh cart is used but i have not seen any others to compare to.I think the blu flavors are not the best taste to me i have tried cherry,vanilla,java.If i like their menthol i will order refills if not i will refill my own.Got a bad bottle of juice from a popular supplier and am looking for a great menthol juice and help?Been tabacco free 3 weeks...Loving it........

I"m glad you like the models you have especially since those two companies are the two LEAST liked companies in the ecig world. You may want to give the Joye 510 a shot if you get some extra cash.

As for the menthol, a lot of people like Vapor Talk's Mentha, but I'll let the members comment on it. (Do a google search for Vapor Talk mentha and you will find some reviews)

I hear Puresmoker.com also has a good menthol flavor.

I"m glad you like the models you have especially since those two companies are the two LEAST liked companies in the ecig world. You may want to give the Joye 510 a shot if you get some extra cash.

As for the menthol, a lot of people like Vapor Talk's Mentha, but I'll let the members comment on it. (Do a google search for Vapor Talk mentha and you will find some reviews)

I hear Puresmoker.com also has a good menthol flavor.

Thanks for the info i bet if i get the joye 510 ill think im in vapor heaven.I will order one when i get any issues with the ones i have since i keep one on standby as a backup anyway.After going to e-cigs for a week i was worried about reliability and did not want to go analog temporarily at all......The only flavor of the Blu that tastes good is the menthol and its really just like the SEG.....which i like but i would like more vapor....The SEG carts leak if you draw to hard so they arnt the best but they kept me off analogs for 3 weeks.........

I liked the SEG flavors as well. I still haven't been able to find other juice brands that taste similar. As Chris mentioned, the Vapor Talk Mentha is really good. I really like it, but it's not like a regular menthol cigarette. Don't really know how to explain it, but it's really strong. If you want to clear your sinuses, this will do the job! I'd like to know if anyone has found juice that's similar to taste as some of the SEG flavors though. Vanilla was my favorite.

I ordered the awesome vapor menthol juice and a free sample of apple will let you know if i like them.....

One thing with the Blu carts i have used 6 so far is the liquid appears thicker than SEG carts and does not leak near as much i think i have only one that got me so far and it was not bad...Blu carts look harder to fill but i will try a few when i get the juice in....

I ordered the awesome vapor menthol juice and a free sample of apple will let you know if i like them.....

One thing with the Blu carts i have used 6 so far is the liquid appears thicker than SEG carts and does not leak near as much i think i have only one that got me so far and it was not bad...Blu carts look harder to fill but i will try a few when i get the juice in....

I still also carry around my pack of blu's, and just drip about 3 drops into the atty. It works great! I like that the parts are interchangeable with my 510. You can put the 510 atty on the blu batt, and vice versa.

the awesome vapor menthol juice is good tastes just like the carts for Blu and SEG just stronger and better vapor too with both e-cigs i have..will definitly order more from awesome vapor as needed...I tried the apple as a free sample and i dont seem to taste the apple at all but maybe i need to put on a fresh atty first....

Those carts are very poorly designed. The plastic/foil seals get in the way of the juice.

I still also carry around my pack of blu's, and just drip about 3 drops into the atty. It works great! I like that the parts are interchangeable with my 510. You can put the 510 atty on the blu batt, and vice versa.

Chris which 510 do you have or would recomend..if the batts are compatable can you charge them too with the same stuff..