45 Day Update

Just thought I would post my progression into the world of "alternative" nicotine.

This is my 45th day of vaping, and 45th day free of any analogs.

My evolution started on a whim, with a "Smoke51" overpriced egig from a tobacco shop. It worked, and convinced me to research this new delivery system further.

I found this forum, and read... a lot!

Within my first week, I upgraded to a pair of Rivas, with the 1100 mah batts. Great stuff, battery life lasted me 12 hours of pretty heavy vaping. Then noticed,backup batteries(one battery) were going to run me about$20.00 + shipping, each.

Researched here some more, and ordered a couple of "Coppers"in 2 different designs, bulletproof so far.

I have actually weaned myself down to 0mg nicotine juices this last week, and I am doing fine with that.

Will I give up vaping now? Hell no, I love it!! I still love the "smoking" sensation of vaping, and I love the flavors.

I just don't think I need to have the nicotine now, but I definitely still have the hand to mouth fixation leftover from smoking analogs, which is fine for me, I don't care.

Besides, look at all the different mods to play with!

Again, many thanks to all who post here, and everyone who supplies pv's and juice. :unworthy:

Welcome to someone on almost the same road as me!

I as well started with the dreaded smoke 51 (whos batteries last about 1.5hours each charge!) and then came here to the forums and read and read! On Wednesday, my new Riva was finally delivered and I am now really vaping rather than playing! Still running on the 11mg nicotine, and holding off on any additional purchases for the moment.

I am heading to Vapefest in Philly next weekend and am looking forward to the 'try before you buy' opportunity I am sure it will present. I already know I need a few drip tips, some new flavors, and I am really interested in exploring some tank options to hopefully give me that direct dripping flavor and vapor with a lot less hassle.

I have been in at least three local bars that have readily acccepted my usage of my PV (personal vaporizer...the smoke 51 was an ecig, but this Riva is a PV) and that is awesome! On average at least 3 or 4 people a night come up to me and ask questions. I am in the process of putting together a card I can hand out with some basic info such as this web site, some online retailers, local suppliers, etc. it will save me from all that scratchin' stuff on bar naps. I also find myself purposefully using it in situations where I know I am around smokers and hoping they will ask. I want to share the joy...no more hacking in the morning, food tasting better, etc.

Welcome fellow vaper and enjoy the ride!

Wow that's amazing that you dropped the nicotine! Congrats! Where do you get your 0mg juice at? I'm so happy for you! :)

Thank you.

I got the 0% nic juice from pecsmokeshop(dot)com. The prices are pretty high, but I was told to give them a try by a friend. I bought 18 different flavors from them, and I guess about half of them I would buy again.

Welcome to someone on almost the same road as me!

I as well started with the dreaded smoke 51 (whos batteries last about 1.5hours each charge!) and then came here to the forums and read and read! On Wednesday, my new Riva was finally delivered and I am now really vaping rather than playing! Still running on the 11mg nicotine, and holding off on any additional purchases for the moment.

I am heading to Vapefest in Philly next weekend and am looking forward to the 'try before you buy' opportunity I am sure it will present. I already know I need a few drip tips, some new flavors, and I am really interested in exploring some tank options to hopefully give me that direct dripping flavor and vapor with a lot less hassle.

I have been in at least three local bars that have readily acccepted my usage of my PV (personal vaporizer...the smoke 51 was an ecig, but this Riva is a PV) and that is awesome! On average at least 3 or 4 people a night come up to me and ask questions. I am in the process of putting together a card I can hand out with some basic info such as this web site, some online retailers, local suppliers, etc. it will save me from all that scratchin' stuff on bar naps. I also find myself purposefully using it in situations where I know I am around smokers and hoping they will ask. I want to share the joy...no more hacking in the morning, food tasting better, etc.

Welcome fellow vaper and enjoy the ride!

Hey Dave, Did you make it to the Philly VapeFest? Do tell!!!!

Hey Dave, Did you make it to the Philly VapeFest? Do tell!!!!

It is this Friday and Saturday. I am taking a 1/2 day on Friday and heading down, then heading home round noon on Saturday. I am already making my list of what I want to get and looking forward to seeing a hotel full of vapers and how other guests react. I understand they are expecting 300+ folks, so it should be lots of fun!

It is this Friday and Saturday. I am taking a 1/2 day on Friday and heading down, then heading home round noon on Saturday. I am already making my list of what I want to get and looking forward to seeing a hotel full of vapers and how other guests react. I understand they are expecting 300+ folks, so it should be lots of fun!

Yeah, I already told Mary that I am a numb nut. I thought it was last weekend. :withstupid:

Yes Siree, that does sound like a lot of fun. I hope you have a wonderful time, meet a lot of other members of this forum and other vapers too. I know you have a list of things you want to see and questions to ask, but I am really interested in seeing if there are enough other vapers in this area that would be interested in a monthly meet. If you happen to meet another folks from this area, would you see if they would give you their email address? If your not comfortable, don't worry about it. It's all about you enjoying the VapeFest.