Direct Dripping/best E Cigs?

birdievk

Hi just got my first e cig and it is a tornado from Totally wicked. I am very interested in direct dripping which I am not sure, but I think it is putting the liquid directely into the atomizer.. I am tired of filling up the cartridges all the time. However, when I look on the website where I got the tornado, I dont see any drip tips for a tornado e cig. Do I have to have a tip? Can this even be done with a tornado? I would appreciate any help..

Also I see a nice price of 39.99 for a Joye 510 at e-cigexpress.com.. is this a good e cig? thanks

Now that you have your tornado/eGo/riva/etc. you can direct drip. Did you get a regular 510 atty or the mega atty? Either way you can direct drip. You can have a drip tip but you don't need one, it is a preference. You can use the tip that came with the atty. You will just need to take it off when you drip then replace it. Some find that this is a little more trouble so they like the drip tip. I don't care one way or the other, I do both. Although, I have just ordered a couple of drip tips for my ego mega attys, should be interesting. I like all the ways you can vape and I have not settled on the right one yet, little ADD I guess. as my grandson says, ADD, I don't have AD.., oh look, there's a bunny.lol Good luck on your vaping journey and keep on vaping.

Hey there

So the Tornado is an branded "Joye eGO". You didnt mention if you have a tornado tank, or a standard one. The tank has the 1.1 ML clear or blue tanks that you fill up with juice, verse a cartridge that you saturate with Juice.

So a few things. the Tornado (standard) has a 510 atty, so any drip tip that works with a 510 atty works with the tornado. Also if you want to try out dripping, just take the filler out of your cartridge, remove it and drip into the atty, put the empty cartidge back on as a mouthpiece and you are good to go. I used this method for several weeks before I bought some drip tips.

If you have a tank model you only need to get a new 510 atty, and atty cover and drip tip, these will fit on the tornado (eGo) battery without any adapters.

As far as how you drip, go check out this video, http://www.vaportalk.com/forum/forum/forum/topic/7308-how-to-direct-drip/

Let us know if you need more information.

Now that you have your tornado/eGo/riva/etc. you can direct drip. Did you get a regular 510 atty or the mega atty? Either way you can direct drip. You can have a drip tip but you don't need one, it is a preference. You can use the tip that came with the atty. You will just need to take it off when you drip then replace it. Some find that this is a little more trouble so they like the drip tip. I don't care one way or the other, I do both. Although, I have just ordered a couple of drip tips for my ego mega attys, should be interesting. I like all the ways you can vape and I have not settled on the right one yet, little ADD I guess. as my grandson says, ADD, I don't have AD.., oh look, there's a bunny.lol Good luck on your vaping journey and keep on vaping.

Thanks for quick reply. Hope I am doing this right.. I am a bit confused now..Are you saying I can use 510 atty's with the tornado? There are so many out there and I am so new to this that I just dont know what to do..

please explain what you mean by using the tip that came with the atty? Is that the black empty cartridge looking thing? it has a tiny hole, so other then using a syringe how would I get the liquid through? I probably have confused you cheshyl, and I do apologize. thanks.

Hey there

So the Tornado is an branded "Joye eGO". You didnt mention if you have a tornado tank, or a standard one. The tank has the 1.1 ML clear or blue tanks that you fill up with juice, verse a cartridge that you saturate with Juice.

So a few things. the Tornado (standard) has a 510 atty, so any drip tip that works with a 510 atty works with the tornado. Also if you want to try out dripping, just take the filler out of your cartridge, remove it and drip into the atty, put the empty cartidge back on as a mouthpiece and you are good to go. I used this method for several weeks before I bought some drip tips.

If you have a tank model you only need to get a new 510 atty, and atty cover and drip tip, these will fit on the tornado (eGo) battery without any adapters.

As far as how you drip, go check out this video, http://www.vaportalk.com/forum/forum/forum/topic/7308-how-to-direct-drip/

Let us know if you need more information.

I just got the regular tornado.. so are you saying a tornado is the same as a joye ego then? Please don't think I am stupid, although I do feel very stupid about this.. So I have the cartridge here with the filler removed.. so I put the drops of liquid in the empty cartridge and then just put the atty on top of it.. connect it to the battery and that is it? Is that what you are saying? Does that use the liquid up alot faster? I am waiting for more liquid today.. I am all out and I really dont want a cigarette so I have to wait it out.. thanks so much

Yep you can use 510 attys on the tornado battery, the tip is the blank cartridge that comes on your tornado. . .First, blow out the atty from the end you screw into the battery (to get the factory primer out of it), then take your juice (hope you have juice), and drop about 4 or 5 drops in onto the bridge of the atty, put the blank cartridge back on the atty and take a few puffs without inhaling, just blowing the vapor out, then you can take a real long vape on your e-cig. At that time you shouldn't have any of the factory primer taste. Then about every 4 or 5 inhales you will probably need to top off with 2 or 3 drops on your atty. Then it is inhale, drip, repeat. It gets second nature after a while. You don't even think about topping off you will automatically do it, sometimes you will forget and you will get a nasty taste in your mouth and that will indicate that you are letting your atty get too dry, which is not a good thing. Just keep your atty wet and you will be in vaping heaven. I hope others will give you some more adivce I'm sure I forgot something. Like I said, it will become second nature after a while

I just got the regular tornado.. so are you saying a tornado is the same as a joye ego then? Please don't think I am stupid, although I do feel very stupid about this.. So I have the cartridge here with the filler removed.. so I put the drops of liquid in the empty cartridge and then just put the atty on top of it.. connect it to the battery and that is it? Is that what you are saying? Does that use the liquid up alot faster? I am waiting for more liquid today.. I am all out and I really dont want a cigarette so I have to wait it out.. thanks so much

The video was very informative. I thought direct dripping was so complicated. They make it sound like you need a bunch of directions. lol So in the video he said 2 or 3 drops.. How long will that last and also can I put more then 2 or 3 drops.. So glad I found this site. One more question please. I used regular tobacco tasting liquid.. and for some reason, I cant see using watermelon or chocolate ..it seems so weird. Do you like the other flavors?

Not at all, its all overwhelming at the beginning so I totally get it.

You are close but not exactly. You have the battery, with the atty attached, and the cone cover. Stand it up on the table on the fat flat battery end. With the blank cartridge removed from the atty look down into the ecig - thats your atty bridge you are seeing, drop a few drops 2 or 3 right onto the bridge, put the blank cartridge back on and vape. You might want to take a tissue and dry out the inside of the blank cartridge first just the grab any juice on the side walls first.

Not at all, its all overwhelming at the beginning so I totally get it.

You are close but not exactly. You have the battery, with the atty attached, and the cone cover. Stand it up on the table on the fat flat battery end. With the blank cartridge removed from the atty look down into the ecig - thats your atty bridge you are seeing, drop a few drops 2 or 3 right onto the bridge, put the blank cartridge back on and vape. You might want to take a tissue and dry out the inside of the blank cartridge first just the grab any juice on the side walls first.

Got it.. so the juice would go around that little wic looking thing in the atty.. I cant wait to get my juice today and try it. I smoked for 40 years and I cannot believe that I quit smoking 11 days ago. The same day I got my tornado. No more smoke smell on my clothes.. I dont even want a cigarette at all. I tried many times to quit. I just wish this had been around 20 years ago.. Thanks for all the help

Got it.. so the juice would go around that little wic looking thing in the atty.. I cant wait to get my juice today and try it. I smoked for 40 years and I cannot believe that I quit smoking 11 days ago. The same day I got my tornado. No more smoke smell on my clothes.. I dont even want a cigarette at all. I tried many times to quit. I just wish this had been around 20 years ago.. Thanks for all the help

Yep, you got it.

Let us know how it works out for you!

Welcome to Vapor Talk, birdie!! It's all very easy once you know all the terms and how to do it. That's what we're here for...to help you learn it all. Yes, the tornado uses a regular 510 atty. So does the 510 you mentioned seeing, but after using your tornado, you would not be happy with the very short battery life of a regular 510 battery. Stick with the tornado.

You can drip with the cone on your tornado, too. Just screw the atty into the battery, screw the cone on over that, and you can still remove the tip to drip onto the atty. The drip tips look very much like the tip or cartridge that comes with the 510 attys except it has a large hole in the end that you can just drip through directly instead of having to remove the tip. It's a very handy little tip. I sure do appreciate them a lot. They didn't even make the drip tips until after I'd been vaping for several months. I was tired of removing the tip so much, so that made me extra excited to get the drip tips.

Keep asking any questions you come up with and we'll do all we can to give you the answers you need. OH! And congratulations on quitting!!

Welcome to Vapor Talk, birdie!! It's all very easy once you know all the terms and how to do it. That's what we're here for...to help you learn it all. Yes, the tornado uses a regular 510 atty. So does the 510 you mentioned seeing, but after using your tornado, you would not be happy with the very short battery life of a regular 510 battery. Stick with the tornado.

You can drip with the cone on your tornado, too. Just screw the atty into the battery, screw the cone on over that, and you can still remove the tip to drip onto the atty. The drip tips look very much like the tip or cartridge that comes with the 510 attys except it has a large hole in the end that you can just drip through directly instead of having to remove the tip. It's a very handy little tip. I sure do appreciate them a lot. They didn't even make the drip tips until after I'd been vaping for several months. I was tired of removing the tip so much, so that made me extra excited to get the drip tips.

Keep asking any questions you come up with and we'll do all we can to give you the answers you need. OH! And congratulations on quitting!!

Everyone is so nice here.. Guess we get nicer when we get rid of that dirty habit. I don't know if it is because I don't fear my lungs getting worse when I am vaping butI just love it and I dont miss cigarettes at all! I am glad you told me about the 510 because I was going to get one. My sister bought me all this stuff from Totally Wicked that I dont really need and I am returning it. They dont do refunds so I will have credit. But they are very high priced for the tornado batteries and accesories. I dont see Tornadoes anywhere else. Is that strictly from Totally Wicked? So anyway I figure since I will have about $100 credit there.. I will get another kit.. That is why I was going to get the 510 because it is only 44.99.. How much different is the battery life? Do you have a recommendation? I am out of juice and that order will be here tomorrow with 2 30 mls of juice.. but they are 29.99! I see them so much cheaper everywhere else. Is there much of a difference? I have to keep one of them and return one because I am totally out and I am going nuts without it.. I Know this is alot of questions but are the juices much different in just the tobacco brand? Also, I cant comprehend vaping with watermelon or chocolate.. etc.. How is it to vape with those kind of juices? thanks to everyone.

Everyone is so nice here.. Guess we get nicer when we get rid of that dirty habit. I don't know if it is because I don't fear my lungs getting worse when I am vaping butI just love it and I dont miss cigarettes at all! I am glad you told me about the 510 because I was going to get one. My sister bought me all this stuff from Totally Wicked that I dont really need and I am returning it. They dont do refunds so I will have credit. But they are very high priced for the tornado batteries and accesories. I dont see Tornadoes anywhere else. Is that strictly from Totally Wicked? So anyway I figure since I will have about $100 credit there.. I will get another kit.. That is why I was going to get the 510 because it is only 44.99.. How much different is the battery life? Do you have a recommendation? I am out of juice and that order will be here tomorrow with 2 30 mls of juice.. but they are 29.99! I see them so much cheaper everywhere else. Is there much of a difference? I have to keep one of them and return one because I am totally out and I am going nuts without it.. I Know this is alot of questions but are the juices much different in just the tobacco brand? Also, I cant comprehend vaping with watermelon or chocolate.. etc.. How is it to vape with those kind of juices? thanks to everyone.

The Tornado and the Joye eGo are the same thing - both made by Joyetech. They are one in the same. :) You will see a significant difference in the battery life between a standard 510 kit and the eGo. If you're a 1-2 pack a day smoker, you'll probably get 1-2 hours on the standard 510 battery vs. 8-12 hours on the eGo.

Hi again bird. . .You can always use your credit at TW for atomizers and the like. They are expensive but when they have sales they are great. It depends on your credit there maybe you can just hold on to it and use it when there is a sale. But about the juice, you wanted to know about the different kinds and could you like them. Well, I for one, thought I couldn't do anything but tobacco. I ordered a lot of tobacco juice and on a whim I ordered some coffee e-liquid. When I first tasted the coffee, I knew that was for me and the tobacco wasn't even in the ball park. I then ventured out to other juices, mostly dessert juices, strawberry shortcake, blueberry cheesecake, etc. I found that I like these too. I found a couple of good, cheap vendors and have ordered samples from them and most of them are coffee types and dessert types. I don't really like the fruit juices and at this point I don't like tobacco at all. Try the Vapor Talk Store for some juices, they have a sampler packs so that would be a really good choice to see what you would like. I think almost all would agree that they came into vaping thinking it was the tobacco they wanted but found out it was not because you cannot replicate the taste of burning tobacco, chemicals and paper. Good luck with your vaping and keep on this exciting journey.

Hi again bird. . .You can always use your credit at TW for atomizers and the like. They are expensive but when they have sales they are great. It depends on your credit there maybe you can just hold on to it and use it when there is a sale. But about the juice, you wanted to know about the different kinds and could you like them. Well, I for one, thought I couldn't do anything but tobacco. I ordered a lot of tobacco juice and on a whim I ordered some coffee e-liquid. When I first tasted the coffee, I knew that was for me and the tobacco wasn't even in the ball park. I then ventured out to other juices, mostly dessert juices, strawberry shortcake, blueberry cheesecake, etc. I found that I like these too. I found a couple of good, cheap vendors and have ordered samples from them and most of them are coffee types and dessert types. I don't really like the fruit juices and at this point I don't like tobacco at all. Try the Vapor Talk Store for some juices, they have a sampler packs so that would be a really good choice to see what you would like. I think almost all would agree that they came into vaping thinking it was the tobacco they wanted but found out it was not because you cannot replicate the taste of burning tobacco, chemicals and paper. Good luck with your vaping and keep on this exciting journey.

Hi again, cheshyl, thanks for the advice. I think I would like to try a sampler. I love cheesecake.. I just cant imagine, for the life of me, what it will be like to get it in vapor.. What is your favorite now? I am not sure how much money can really be saved here. The batteries for the regular tornado are 19.99 and then there are the atomizers.. Can you, or anyone tell me how long I can expect these to last tilL I need new ones. If they have to be bought all the time, it can get quite expensive.. But I enjoy this and I was NOT enjoying smoking at all anymore. I hated the smell and the taste as well.. but vaping, I love it.

:) Hi again bird, I can tell you that you probably will not save any money the first couple of months, you will probably break even, I went above and beyond what I spent for analogs. I have officially declared that vaping is my hobby not a substitute for anything and that makes me feel, in my mind, that it is perfectly all right to spend what I wish for this "hobby" of mine. I have gone completely and unashameably wild regarding all things of this vaping world. eGos, eGo batteries, 510lr attys, 306lr attys, eGo tanks and have ordered tanks from totally wicked. I have just ordered a map tank and I'm going to see what it has in store for me. All the reviews make me think I will like it. The next thing I'm going to investigate is a box mod. Quite a few folks on this forum say they love them, so of course I think I need one. I think this is very compulsive and obsessive but hey, I'm not smoking. :smoke:

I vape a good bit of organic coffee from vaperite, I have a good many juices from Kick Bass Vapor and have ordered some from sweet-vapes. I haven't gotten the sweet vapes yet so I am relying on the reports from this forum on the taste of these juices. I have also ordered from the Vapor Talk Store and had their caramel machiato (sp) and it is a pretty good vape for me also. I guess I like heavy vapes, like the dessert vapes and the coffee vapes because I don't really like the fruity flavors very much. I was told by someone on this forum that I needed to try white zinfendal from Word-Up, but I haven't made that order yet. She said it was her all time favorite vape. I also used to order 100% vg and enjoyed all the vapor it produced but the flavor was not what I wanted it to be so I now order my stuff 50/50. Gives me the best of both worlds.

So welcome to this strange seductive world of vaping. the first thing you need to learn is you always need backups. Battery backups, atty backups, juice backups, charger backups. Then there are the extras that you might want, which you can curtail that to a degree. I haven't had a battery die on me yet and I have been at this for close to 5 months. I have had a few attys to die, but that is expected. You will get a few bad in with the good. You asked about lasting power and the devices, well as I stated I don't know the battery life of the batteries I have because none have died. The attys are different, you will get some that are dead on arrival and you can send those back because most vendors will guarantee them if they are doa. But, in the five months I have lost about 6 attys so I don't think that is too bad. Remember too that a lot of the folks here like the cartomizers, another beast inandof itself. I have tried the cartos but I seem to like the direct dripping method the most. eGo/Tornado batt, 510lr or a 306lr, drip tip and my juice, couldn't be much better in my opinion. Okay, I have now gone around in so many circles that you are thoroughly confused. But maybe you can gleen something out of this tangled mess of information to be helpful to you in some way. But please don't blame me for the headache you will get after readig this post, okay? lol :)

Edited by cheshyl

:) Hi again bird, I can tell you that you probably will not save any money the first couple of months, you will probably break even, I went above and beyond what I spent for analogs. I have officially declared that vaping is my hobby not a substitute for anything and that makes me feel, in my mind, that it is perfectly all right to spend what I wish for this "hobby" of mine. I have gone completely and unashameably wild regarding all things of this vaping world. eGos, eGo batteries, 510lr attys, 306lr attys, eGo tanks and have ordered tanks from totally wicked. I have just ordered a map tank and I'm going to see what it has in store for me. All the reviews make me think I will like it. The next thing I'm going to investigate is a box mod. Quite a few folks on this forum say they love them, so of course I think I need one. I think this is very compulsive and obsessive but hey, I'm not smoking. :smoke:

I vape a good bit of organic coffee from vaperite, I have a good many juices from Kick Bass Vapor and have ordered some from sweet-vapes. I haven't gotten the sweet vapes yet so I am relying on the reports from this forum on the taste of these juices. I have also ordered from the Vapor Talk Store and had their caramel machiato (sp) and it is a pretty good vape for me also. I guess I like heavy vapes, like the dessert vapes and the coffee vapes because I don't really like the fruity flavors very much. I was told by someone on this forum that I needed to try white zinfendal from Word-Up, but I haven't made that order yet. She said it was her all time favorite vape. I also used to order 100% vg and enjoyed all the vapor it produced but the flavor was not what I wanted it to be so I now order my stuff 50/50. Gives me the best of both worlds.

So welcome to this strange seductive world of vaping. the first thing you need to learn is you always need backups. Battery backups, atty backups, juice backups, charger backups. Then there are the extras that you might want, which you can curtail that to a degree. I haven't had a battery die on me yet and I have been at this for close to 5 months. I have had a few attys to die, but that is expected. You will get a few bad in with the good. You asked about lasting power and the devices, well as I stated I don't know the battery life of the batteries I have because none have died. The attys are different, you will get some that are dead on arrival and you can send those back because most vendors will guarantee them if they are doa. But, in the five months I have lost about 6 attys so I don't think that is too bad. Remember too that a lot of the folks here like the cartomizers, another beast inandof itself. I have tried the cartos but I seem to like the direct dripping method the most. eGo/Tornado batt, 510lr or a 306lr, drip tip and my juice, couldn't be much better in my opinion. Okay, I have now gone around in so many circles that you are thoroughly confused. But maybe you can gleen something out of this tangled mess of information to be helpful to you in some way. But please don't blame me for the headache you will get after readig this post, okay? lol :)

Cheshyl, You have, by no means, given me a headache.. You helped me so much. I researched for about 2 weeks before I got one. Believe me, if I had the money, I would try all of them.. But I am on disability income and I am lucky my sister bought me the Tornado.. But I know I am going to love direct dripping so that is what I will do tomrorow when I get my juice. Now I dont know if it would be worth it for me to order the Mega tornado with the credit or not? What do you think? I really wanted to try the 510 because it looked nice.. but that is a dumb reason. I just dont know what the 510lr or 306lr are and how are they different from other attys.. they are attys right? At TW the juice is double the price of other places so I am wondering if they could actually be any better then others? I think of this as a hobby as well. I really enjoy it and I think I am just thrilled to have quit smoking.. I never could do it before. I can't believe how many people I found, however, that won't even try it. They think it looks stupid and I say, "I think you will look alot more stupid with a respirator on your mouth." I am not embarrased at all. I feel proud that I found a way to quit... but so weird how I enjoy it so much though. lol So what about the 510lr and the other one? What do you like about them and anything else you want to offer, I am here to learn it all. I am like you in many ways, I can see. thanks

......I just dont know what the 510lr or 306lr are and how are they different from other attys.. they are attys right? At TW the juice is double the price of other places so I am wondering if they could actually be any better then others?....

"lr" stands for low resistance and provides a slighly different vaping experiance. LR's run a little hotter and produce a warmer vapor from what I have heard. I may be wrong as I personally have never tried them. As for the juice question, some vendors are pricier than others and doesn't neccesarily mean better. I have never tried juice from that vendor so I cannot comment on the quality or taste of it. There are a ton of juice suppliers with what seems like hundreds of flavors. One of the biggest expenses of this hobby is trying to find those juices that you really enjoy that provide the flavor, vapor, and Throat hit(that feeling you get in your throat like when you smoked a reg cig) that you are looking for. You may try a flavor from one vendor and then try that same flavor from another vendor and it can taste totally different. Juice is based on either VG(vegtable glycerine) or PG(propolyne glycol) or a mixture of the two. VG is a thicker base and provides maximum vapor output while PG is a little thinner and provides a better flavor and Throat Hit. Most users tend to use a mixture of the two to find that happy medium between flavor, vapor, and Throat Hit. I suggest that if your want to try different flavors/vendors for juices, that you order sampler packs when possible. That way you are able to try multiple flavors/vendors without wasting alot of money on juice you may not like. I have probably 300ml+ of juice that I have bought and tried that I just didn't like. It will get easier and cheaper though once you sift through all the product that you don't like and find those ones that you do. I just recieved an order from my 4th different juice vendor and only 2nd that produced juice I actually like. Good luck in your new hobby and happy vaping!!

"lr" stands for low resistance and provides a slighly different vaping experiance. LR's run a little hotter and produce a warmer vapor from what I have heard. I may be wrong as I personally have never tried them. As for the juice question, some vendors are pricier than others and doesn't neccesarily mean better. I have never tried juice from that vendor so I cannot comment on the quality or taste of it. There are a ton of juice suppliers with what seems like hundreds of flavors. One of the biggest expenses of this hobby is trying to find those juices that you really enjoy that provide the flavor, vapor, and Throat hit(that feeling you get in your throat like when you smoked a reg cig) that you are looking for. You may try a flavor from one vendor and then try that same flavor from another vendor and it can taste totally different. Juice is based on either VG(vegtable glycerine) or PG(propolyne glycol) or a mixture of the two. VG is a thicker base and provides maximum vapor output while PG is a little thinner and provides a better flavor and Throat Hit. Most users tend to use a mixture of the two to find that happy medium between flavor, vapor, and Throat Hit. I suggest that if your want to try different flavors/vendors for juices, that you order sampler packs when possible. That way you are able to try multiple flavors/vendors without wasting alot of money on juice you may not like. I have probably 300ml+ of juice that I have bought and tried that I just didn't like. It will get easier and cheaper though once you sift through all the product that you don't like and find those ones that you do. I just recieved an order from my 4th different juice vendor and only 2nd that produced juice I actually like. Good luck in your new hobby and happy vaping!!

I can't believe how much more I just learned.. thanks alot. I dont think I need those low resistance atty's though, right? I love the throat hit I get with this. I The TW juice is so expensive though. 29.99 for 3 ml.. Maybe I am looking wrong but I could swear I saw 30ml elsewhere for 13.99.. so that is a huge difference. But since I love the throat hit maybe the TW juice is really good.. I like the throat hit better then any cigarette I ever smoked.. I have only used jsut the regular tobACCO OF theirs and I loved it. They actually sounded like you in their claim that they tried so many different suppliers looking for the best juice and so therefore decided to start looking for the best manufacturers of nicotine fluid worldwide. After many false starts and sampling fluids from over 30 different suppliers and manufacturers,they found the fluid they had been looking for…Thus T.W. E.Smoking Liquid was born. I think I saw somone on youtube talk about them and that is why I tried it. I do have to try one of those sampler packs. Thank you for your help