Newbie Lookin For Some Info

bjacques

I just joined this site and going to start as soon as i figure out where to start. I currently smoke about a pack of menthol cigs a day for over 35 years any recommendations on type of e cig, type of e liquid would be appreciated

Welcome to the forum! Be open to trying some of the other flavors too. Most of us do not end up liking the tobacco flavoed eliquids. A lot have found that though they didn't smoke menthols, they love menthol eliquid. Keep an open mind and enjoy your new hobby!

Welcome to the forum. The eGo is the way to go, just as Chris said. Chris is right about the menthol too, try 18 - 24mgs to see what will satisfy your needs as a vaper not a smoker. As was stated above some of us thought we wanted a tobacco flavor and found out that was not what we are vaping on now. My juice of choice is coffee flavored and dessert flavored. The Vapor Talk store has a menthol called Mentha (sp) and if they are out try Kick Bass Vapor, they have one called Vape Placid. Supposed to be flavored just like a menthol cigarette. This ought to get you started. Good luck on your journey and don't look back.

Hello from Michigan. Pretty new here myself and been vaping for 15 months.

A very simple, effective, and cost efficient unit would be an Ego with 2.0 Boge LR carts. With a virtual plethora of options for vape equipment, this set up would give you the most hassle free and proven performance vape IMHO. I started out with a classic 3pc Joye 510 and things have moved rapidly from there. If you happen to not take to the vaping concept, the Ego is a common demand battery for resale while providing the least amount of fiddling.

You may be all over the map with juices and might want to have the equipment down while you search for the flavor of choice. I was very lucky in starting out because I discovered a solid juice vendor first, and then spent time fiddling with several devices. Doing both at the same might lead to frustration.

Good Luck, and welcome!

personally i was a pack a day smoker, and i think 24mg would have been to high for me, im more inclined to agree with the poster who said about 18 mg... personally i am now using 11mg but there are times when i will admit that might be a bit weak for me, but, im not worried about that, i figure if my body craves more then i will simply vape a bit more

i second everyone saying eGo, or eGo clone such as Riva... if you start with something that looks more like a cigarette or something pen style like a standard 510 you might find that you want more in the battery life, the eGo is great on battery life and the starter kits come with two batteries, so even if one runs out i can assure you that the two of them should get you through the day :)

i was also a menthol smoker, turns out i enjoy really bold flavors, dont be afraid to try just about any flavor that catches your attention, its really not the taste of a cig that you will be trying to duplicate, but the feel and the pleasure, and with all the new flavors you can try you will have plenty of new pleasure in vapeing

oh and someone mentioned the boge 2.0 cartos, i second that! but even if you just start with cartridges you can always add that option later

I agree with everyone else that the Ego is best value out there to start with. I love mine. I prefer LR atty's, but to each his own. I was also a menthol smoker and the Mentha (24mg) from the Vapor Talk Store is the best I've tried. It's currently out of stock, but when you get the chance, pick some up.

I also agree with the ego choice. However, it's going to take a while to get used to "non cig" construction of the ego. I started with a more realistic cig ecig. Then, I got tired of low battery life, found this website, and chose the ego. It's much better hit once you get past the non traditional analog and "crack pipe" look. :thumbsup:

I would completely agree with everyone above as well. I started with one that looked like a cigarette and quickly moved to a pen style 510 e cig but found that the battery life is just not that great and found myself having to charge every few hours or so. I recently ordered the eGo and am now very satisfied with my choice. I've posted a review on the eGo but you can find a lot of videos and tutorials on how it works and what you need with it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oH4P3ExIKdY

def the ego tank system but for menthol flavor I would highly recommend getting cool rush I think its 18 mg and I am satisfied with it. it is my go to vape when im jonesing for a smoke and it fixes it. I still have not found a diff flavor that really does it for me I smoked marlboro milds for years and this comes close.. good luck..

Welcome to VT - I was the same as you! 35 year smnoking menthols. Turns out I don't like the menthol OR tobacco flavors at all, and have a new "habit" that consists of trying all kinds of flavor combinations. :thumbsup:

Oh, and I'm an eGo girl too.

the eGo and the eGo T use two different types of attomizers, they can use the same battery. The eGo with a 510lr or a 306lr is great to drip with and I use the eGo T when I'm going somewhere and can't drip. You have two different effects with them. If you have an eGo kit you can buy the eGo T attys separately and you will need the tank also, comes in a pack of 5. That way you can have the best of both worlds.

def the ego tank system but for menthol flavor I would highly recommend getting cool rush I think its 18 mg and I am satisfied with it. it is my go to vape when im jonesing for a smoke and it fixes it. I still have not found a diff flavor that really does it for me I smoked marlboro milds for years and this comes close.. good luck..

Who makes cool rush? Always interested in finding a new menthol flavor.