Ear Wax

Jeffb

umm, no, and i am a qtip addict who uses them every morning when i get out of the shower, so this i would have noticed... btw have you ever heard of candling? various alternative medicine practitioners (even some massage therapist) do it, they use a cone shaped "candle" in your ear, light one end and it literally draws all the gunk out of your ear, i hear it is amazing, but personally ive never tried it

umm, no, and i am a qtip addict who uses them every morning when i get out of the shower, so this i would have noticed... btw have you ever heard of candling? various alternative medicine practitioners (even some massage therapist) do it, they use a cone shaped "candle" in your ear, light one end and it literally draws all the gunk out of your ear, i hear it is amazing, but personally ive never tried it

that will burn the ear if you light the candle...ouch :question:

I have noticed no change in the color of my ear wax and I am also one of those people who cleans my ears daily after showering. Ear wax is produced in the outer part of the ear canal and not really affected by what you consume. It's color is more affected by dust and debris that enter from the outside. Here is info I found regarding this topic....

Earwax is a naturally produced substance that protects the ear canal . It is a mixture of skin, sweat, hair, and debris (such as shampoo and dirt) held together with a fluid secreted by glands inside the ear canal (ceruminous glands). The ear canals are self-cleaning.

Earwax helps filter dust, keeps the ears clean, and protects the ear canal from infection. Normally, earwax is a self-draining liquid that does not cause problems. As the skin of the ear canal sheds, the wax is carried to the outer part of the ear canal and drains from the ear by itself.

Earwax ranges in color from light to dark brown or orange. In children, earwax is usually softer and lighter than the earwax produced by adults. Children produce a lot of earwax, which tapers off as they grow older.

Earwax is normally produced only in the outer half of the ear canal and will not become deeply impacted unless it is pushed in. The ear canal may become blocked (impacted) when attempts to clean the ear with cotton swabs, bobby pins, or a finger push wax deeply into the ear canal. Impacted earwax may cause some hearing loss or other problems, such as ringing in the ears (tinnitus), a full feeling in the ears, or vertigo. Poking at the wax with cotton swabs, your fingers, or other objects usually only further compacts the wax against the eardrum.

Most earwax problems can be handled with home treatment. Professional help may be needed to remove tightly packed earwax.

• 3 weeks later...

I got a good clump of dark wax out a couple of weeks ago. smiley-sick029.gif I went to the docs about 6 months ago and they washed out a good size clump out of each ear. I was contributing it to vapor. I tend to blow my vapor out my nose, and as we know its connected to the ear. I vape a lot of dark colored juices and I was assuming the vapor was mixing with the ear wax.

TMI ??? :D

Very instructing!!!! Did you ask your doctor about it? One thing I have noticed is that my good senses have gone completely haywire, because my bank card has been screaming for help and I just can't do anything about it!!! Did someone say there was a sale on juice???? LOL

TMI- no not at all in fact It was making me think I need snack lol NO seriously I was really curious about this and I think it would make sense. Not necesarily a bad thing heck they could have been clogged up with wax like that for a long time, but im glad you get it under control ;)

• 1 month later...