Please Pray For Our Dog And Our Family

We found out yesterday that our 10 yr old golden is in the final stages of renal failure. Today we are getting her some antibiotics in case it is a bacterial infecion. It is a really long shot. I actually think she has severe lymphoma that is causing the kidney failure. We love her so much. It is really hard not to run thousands of dollars worth of tests and we are having a tough time figuring out when enough is enough and letting her go to doggy heaven. Tears rolling down my cheeks as i type this. I hate being a grown up.

Oh Sweetheart, I'm giving you a big HUG.

I'm so sorry, I understand your pain. 10 years is a long time to love someone. Even a furry someone.

I know you have been a wonderful mother to your baby and she, I'm positive has had a wonderful life with you as Mom.

Just love her as long as you can.

I'm praying for all of you. :hug:

Please remember, your not alone here.

Edited by Beans

aww I am so sorry my friend. I lost my little mixed terrier years ago when she had throat cancer. she could not eat or drink..poor baby =( It was hitting her fast. 1 lump a day she got. I will pray for your baby. hopefully these antibiotics will help her but she will need something for her pain...aww poor baby =( I feel bad...I love animals.

Oh Erika I'm so sorry. Just love her and know that the greatest joy your fur baby knows is having you with her. Prayers for you both I know that my babies are family to us and your's are the same to you.

Erika, my heart goes out to you and your family. I personally know the pain your feeling and how difficult it is to have to make such a decision. I had to make the same decision on March 17, 2009. I still cry to this day. I miss my little Tiger so much. For 9 years he was a member of our family.

Feb 2010 we got a new family member, Woody. He doesn't take the place of Tiger and he never will. I even think he no long thinks his name is "Bad Boy". LOL

My prays are with you and your family. And please know that your puppy knows that he is loved, and cared for by his family.

Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you. Keep us posted.

Thanks everyone! We started her on antibiotics in case it is a bacterial infection. Not likely but possible. She is also on a special diet of egg whites potatoes and a few other things and is eating and keeping it down. I just hope she either gets better or that it is obvious to us what we should do.

I am so sorry Erika-- The only disadvantage to loving animals is we never seem to get to keep them long enough. I really, really hope the antibiotics will buy you some time. It really is horrible to have to be the grown up and make such a hard decision.

Tons of Hugs and Prayers for you, your family and of course your dog !!!

Just wanted to update. She seems to be feeling better! She is up and around more, eating and actually wagging her tail. The vets said she wouldn't make it this long. Trying not to get my hopes up but it is hard. I guess the only thing i know for sure is that she is more comfortable now even if she doesn't make it. If she makes it to the end of next week, she will have another renal panel done and we will be able to know for sure if she is actually improving. I just keep praying though i know in god's big plan, my dog is probably not his biggest priority. :)

Just wanted to update. She seems to be feeling better! She is up and around more, eating and actually wagging her tail. The vets said she wouldn't make it this long. Trying not to get my hopes up but it is hard. I guess the only thing i know for sure is that she is more comfortable now even if she doesn't make it. If she makes it to the end of next week, she will have another renal panel done and we will be able to know for sure if she is actually improving. I just keep praying though i know in god's big plan, my dog is probably not his biggest priority. :)

Oh Erika, she is a priority to God. God loves all his creatures!!!! She is still in my prayers. I pray that God makes the decision when she will go to heaven and you and your family will not have to decide.

Please keep us informed.

God bless you!

Erika this is great news... I actually had a dog with a bacterial infection, i don't think we did the egg whites and potatoes.. But it was a different kind of science diet that they suggested we fed him. He was back to normal within a few days and he was able to beat it and live a MUCH LONGER LIFE!

When i saw ur post it made my day and I am confident in her recovery... I will still keep my prayers out for yall

I'm so glad to hear she's more comfortable. That's a big plus! Be thankful for every day you have with her, love her, give her extra attention, and keep praying. You're doing the best you can do for her and that is awesome.