What Next?

Hello all,

I haven't been vaping too awful long, but I am looking for my next big purchase. I see things here and there about juice boxes and pictures of big things that people are vaping out of.:P So my question is what exactly is the point of them? Where should I start in deciding what to buy? I understand you need to buy things to go with them? I don't know.. Just need pointed in the right direction and I know this is the place to ask! I have a joye ego now, tried the tanks and wasn't a fan. Stuck on mega cartomizers at this present moment (what I enjoy changes by the hour). I haven't seen any good reviews on the mega cartomizers but after a few days of breaking them in they're okay. I love the warm vapor I get from 510 cartomizers and I've heard that the juice box will encourage that.. Vaping strawberry banana from wordup tastes like a mouthful of hot jello in my 510 cartomizers. Yum!

Any advice or tips would be helpful :)

Thank you!

Mary

These are the questions that you have to ask yourself.

1. Do you want a juice feeder or reservoir?

2. Are you looking for a longer battery life?

3. Are you wanting to try a higher voltage?

4. Will shape and size really matter?

5. Cost. How much do you want to spend?

Think about these questions and this might help you make a decision on what you might want to try next or at least narrow it down.

Hi marymary, I'm just getting interested in mods myself.

From my limited understanding the big thing about mods is the battery life. For heavy vapors batts can last 1 or 2 days on a charge and can be replaced for dirt cheap. Also, when your vaping on your eGo a few hours you notice how it gets weaker and weaker. Mods stay strong all the way through till they die.

There are tons of different kinds. The wet box that holds your juice so you don't refill, The VV variable voltage that you adjust so you get the most out of your vapor depending on what mouth pieces you use. There are many to choose from.

I'm looking into the Provari right now. It looks great. Good luck!

PS +1 you didn't do anything wrong :)

Think about these questions and this might help you make a decision on what you might want to try next or at least narrow it down.

Excellent questions, BD.

And the answers will change after every purchase. lol

My first big mod? A BSB (black silver bullet). Black for lack of fingerprints. SB for the awesome craftsmanship, button and battery. I needed a standard buy anywhere rechargale 18650 type battery. (20 hr battery, with about 12-14 of it great vaping). Outstanding battery life at that time, and I live off-grid, so that was my motivating factor.

(as well as the eGo which was the first longest lasting battery). Now days there's the Tekk Mod, Shockwave, Helix, etc.. with days and days of battery life. (4-5) and even solar ones...

My 2d mod? An affordable bottom fed juice box. I knew I wanted a fancy smancy expensive one, but had no clue if I would be happy with one... so I bought a tiny and affordable one. and Yes! I now will get a fancy Ali'i as soon as I am able to. (I wish Mark would come up with a curvy bottom feeder). With the JB, I no longer have to contend with carto's and stuff unless I want to, which I do, because I also still keep my eGo rigged up as well.

Long example... but I hope you get an idea of the types that are enticing us at every turn of the history page.

Excellent questions, BD.

And the answers will change after every purchase. lol

My first big mod? A BSB (black silver bullet). Black for lack of fingerprints. SB for the awesome craftsmanship, button and battery. I needed a standard buy anywhere rechargale 18650 type battery. (20 hr battery, with about 12-14 of it great vaping). Outstanding battery life at that time, and I live off-grid, so that was my motivating factor.

(as well as the eGo which was the first longest lasting battery). Now days there's the Tekk Mod, Shockwave, Helix, etc.. with days and days of battery life. (4-5) and even solar ones...

My 2d mod? An affordable bottom fed juice box. I knew I wanted a fancy smancy expensive one, but had no clue if I would be happy with one... so I bought a tiny and affordable one. and Yes! I now will get a fancy Ali'i as soon as I am able to. (I wish Mark would come up with a curvy bottom feeder). With the JB, I no longer have to contend with carto's and stuff unless I want to, which I do, because I also still keep my eGo rigged up as well.

Long example... but I hope you get an idea of the types that are enticing us at every turn of the history page.

Well thank you Uma!

I bought a new mod a few months back and have been really pleased. I made a whole list of what I wanted and it helped narrow it down. Size, shape, mechanical various batteries options and a 510 connection. I ended up getting the Megalodon or the Don for short. I have been quite pleased. The only problem I had was getting used to the bottom button, which turned out to be quite nice. Because this is mechanical it should last me a lifetime. No electronics to wear out or break.

Edited by BirdDog

if you wanna see my reaction to the juice box i call "D Cup" its funny stuff youtube jollyriffic and it should be the 2ed video

i hated attys due to the dratty you get when they start to get dry so now im kinda in love with them again. was the first juice box i made.

if you want a nice warm vapor, 5v it. if you want juice dont do a juicer that doesn't have a resorvor to hold the juice it squirts or you may end up with a juiced mod, needles = bad idea because they can leak back into the mod.

as for battery life, you can vape less using same mah but at higher voltage so it seems like you get longer life. some mods actually run for longer times due to battery or chip used to regulate the voltage.

if you wanna see my reaction to the juice box i call "D Cup" its funny stuff youtube jollyriffic and it should be the 2ed video

i hated attys due to the dratty you get when they start to get dry so now im kinda in love with them again. was the first juice box i made.

if you want a nice warm vapor, 5v it. if you want juice dont do a juicer that doesn't have a resorvor to hold the juice it squirts or you may end up with a juiced mod, needles = bad idea because they can leak back into the mod.

as for battery life, you can vape less using same mah but at higher voltage so it seems like you get longer life. some mods actually run for longer times due to battery or chip used to regulate the voltage.

Silly video is right haha, but I like the 18650 w/10ml bottle and resevoir. Do you still make these? Hubby promised me a set of Dbl D's when I turn 64 (in honor of the Beatles song)

but something tells me he won't mind splurging a little earlier than promised. :) Pm me the details Jolly, so I can be ready in a few paydays. Got purple?

@BD, that Don tempts me a lot... I like the all mechanic feature like you. (less to go wrong and makes for great forever pv).

I, too, like the "less to go wrong" kind of things. I've been watching the Megalodon, but just haven't heard enough about it. Thanks for the info, BD!

Like Uma I have the BSB and love it because of the battery life. And I just had to copy Uma and get the same bottom fed juice box mod that she got. I've been wanting one for the longest time and after hearing about hers, I had to get one, too. Well, I got two of them. LOL They work great and I am so very happy to not have to drip all the time. Especially when driving. I would highly recommend one of those. And the Ali'i...yeah, well...mine should be here sometime this week. :jump:

Now I need to go see Jolly's video. I didn't know you made juice boxes, Jolly.

i wasn't going to make wetboxes because they seemed to complex.

funny thing is that the "right" way to build one is soooooooooo easy and any 510/306 will work or 808 if you want that connection.

for right now i dont have any made, that was a one off for moonsong.

going to get her feed back before i go full swing.

drop drop drop..lol...you are funny

Thank you!

I'm just gonna go ahead and answer these, because I don't know where to shop after I figure out what I want.

What's the difference between a juice feeder and a reservoir?

Pretty sure I want the higher voltage.. What will the difference be with a 5V?

Shape/size/ cost isn't really an issue. Tax return time :)

The provari looks great.. I like the variable voltage idea for my first one to really experiment and see what I like. That doesn't hold your juice though. So what would be a good one that holds the juice also? Sorry.. but when I say I'm not experienced with the mods I mean it haha. :) You guys are just so helpful though.

Battery life isn't too much of an issue, it takes me a few days to kill an ego battery.

Thanks a bunch!

Mary

Thanks for sharing the video, hilarious! Love it lol. "Ain't no leakage like ya got some kinda disease!" I want one! You sold me. So thanks for the tips.. no needles.. 5V.. reservoir.. where do I find something like that? Any recommendations? Can I order one from you? :unworthy: Thank you!

Mary

For me this decision was made easier by some recent business trips. While walking the streets of NYC the stop, drip drip drip method just doesn't work. Before that I was rocking with the ego tanks, but as of late I have been having more and more leakage and could see the very large increase in the amount of juice I was going through...which lead me to the decision to go with a bottom fed mod. AND if I was going to go that route, well I should try a variable voltage as well to experiment with a range of volts to see just where I really liked vaping. All of this, with a desire to have something very nice as a treat lead me to the Ali'i! Check it out here

Not the easiest to get and even once ordered it takes weeks to arrive, but I need something I can take with me on my business trips and my long road trips that I can vape consistently and not be tempted to fall off the wagon.

Great choice!! I ordered mine just over a month ago and it has now shipped. I didn't get the VV because I hadn't convinced myself that I really needed it. I'm leaning more towards that now, but I'm in no hurry to get one. It's not too hard to get one, but you do have to wait a month for them to make it. My advice for ordering one: go to the site now and sign up, then go through the options and decide what you want. They take orders every other Friday (starting at 8 pm eastern time, 7 pm central time, etc.). Before they open the orders, have your order ready to go (spine wood, body wood, cup color, VV or 3.7). Then keep refreshing the page until you see that you can order...hit the order button and complete your order right away. There have been times when they only took orders for 5 minutes, but sometimes it's up to about 15 minutes. I got mine in within a couple of minutes. It's not hard if you're ready for it. Waiting the month for them to make it wasn't nearly as hard as the waiting has been since I got my shipping notice on Saturday. LOL

Good luck!

Oh I got my order in Nana - I am in on the class of 2/18 so I am already coming up on 2 weeks, I think I better get on ordering some batteries and attys and drip tips! But your advice is spot on for anyone else who is considering it. I ordered Yellowwood spine and bloodwood Doors - I think its going to be a good looking device.

I guess my point is (vialed attempt to pretend we are not hijacking the thread) the whats next thinking is about what are your particular set of circumstances and what "next" device makes vaping even more easy and enjoyable - my decision was based on mobile simplicity, so ask yourself what are your specific needs and what device will help you get closer to meeting those needs consistently.

I'm just gonna go ahead and answer these, because I don't know where to shop after I figure out what I want.

What's the difference between a juice feeder and a reservoir?

Pretty sure I want the higher voltage.. What will the difference be with a 5V?

Shape/size/ cost isn't really an issue. Tax return time :)

I guess what I meant by reservoir are the tank systems. You have the ego tanks and the MAP tanks from COV. There are a number of people that have been using the MAP on the Provari. A juice feeder would be the box mods with the bottles. Sorry for the confusion. I don't use any of the tanks and really don't have any interest to do so. I seem to be getting along just fine with atomizers and cartomizers at the the moment.

A 5v produces more vapor, more throat hit and warm vape. There can be some flavor loss with weaker flavored liquids when going to a higher voltage.

The Provari probably is going to be your best option if you want to experiment with different voltages. I have a Joker AV and I am pretty set at 5v. From what I am understanding about the box mods with the juice bottles (feeders) is the Reo Grande is the best of them right now. I have heard too many complaints about the Ali and leaking.

Edited by BirdDog

Congrats ripple!! I got my shipping notice, so I'm anxiously awaiting the mail every day. Maybe tomorrow?

Really, BD? I've never heard of a problem with leaking on the Ali'i. And I did a lot of research before I ordered mine. I also ordered a couple of smaller juice box mods a couple of weeks ago and I am in love with them. Although they are only 3.7v, they work great for me. I love not having to drip any more and I'm excited to try out my new Ali'i. It holds more juice and has a bigger battery, so will be even better for me.

Mary, the juice feeders have a bottle inside the device - usually next to the battery. You just squeeze the bottle through an opening in the device and it feeds the juice into the atty. That means no more dripping! I love the little juice feeders I have now. I use a LR 510 atty with them and that does come close to the 5v type of vaping. Vaping at 5 volt does tend to mean you lose flavor. For someone like me who has such a hard time tasting the liquid anyway, that's not a good thing. But I do enjoy vaping at 5v once in awhile. Most of the time I'm happy at 3.7 though.

Really, BD? I've never heard of a problem with leaking on the Ali'i. And I did a lot of research before I ordered mine. I also ordered a couple of smaller juice box mods a couple of weeks ago and I am in love with them. Although they are only 3.7v, they work great for me. I love not having to drip any more and I'm excited to try out my new Ali'i. It holds more juice and has a bigger battery, so will be even better for me.

Funny how we gather information and the sources that it comes from. I am glad you heard something good it is a beautiful piece of work. I have wanted to try the juice box mods or some type of juice feeder but I have to admit that I am constantly switching up flavors throughout the day. This is probably why I can't track the amount of liquid I go through in a day. Lol

Thank you all for your vast knowledge on mods. After your advice and mucho researching I've decided to just jump right in to the ali'i or the reo grand. I figure why waste money on an in between that I'll just want to upgrade anyways. The ali'i is so nice especially with the VV, but the reo grand looks much more durable. Im trying to convince myself that i dont NEED VV and my ego is falling out of my hands constantly..

Now just a matter of ordering one.. Thanks for the tips on ordering the ali'i. Seems more like playing the lottery! Woohoo! Any on ordering the reo grand?

You all are so great and helpful!

Mary

Funny how we gather information and the sources that it comes from. I am glad you heard something good it is a beautiful piece of work. I have wanted to try the juice box mods or some type of juice feeder but I have to admit that I am constantly switching up flavors throughout the day. This is probably why I can't track the amount of liquid I go through in a day. Lol

I have to agree there. It all depends on what you see and hear and where.

I love the juice box mods! But then, I don't switch flavors a lot either (especially since there aren't many I can taste or really like). The bottles are easy to change though, so you could easily keep different flavors in different bottles and change often. I suppose that wouldn't be much different than switching flavors when you drip.

Thank you all for your vast knowledge on mods. After your advice and mucho researching I've decided to just jump right in to the ali'i or the reo grand. I figure why waste money on an in between that I'll just want to upgrade anyways. The ali'i is so nice especially with the VV, but the reo grand looks much more durable. Im trying to convince myself that i dont NEED VV and my ego is falling out of my hands constantly..

Now just a matter of ordering one.. Thanks for the tips on ordering the ali'i. Seems more like playing the lottery! Woohoo! Any on ordering the reo grand?

Mary

Honestly, I don't know what the Reo Grand is, so I can't help you with that one. But, just so you know, there may well be times when you just want something new and different and exciting. Upgrading is about getting something better, but even when you have what you think is the best, you might just have to try something different, too. Happens to all of us every now and then. LOL But then...you can never have enough backups, right? :thumbsup:

Mary

Well I can not give any advice on th Reo sorry - BUT - I can tell you I got my Ali'i ordered on my very first try but following the advice thats in this thread. So it's not that hard and its pretty darn predictable as well.

One other tip, if history is an indicator of the future ordering for the Ali'i will open tonight 5PM Pacific 8 PM Eastern, its typically every other Friday and I ordered mine two weeks ago today. So if your leaning that way be aware today is an opportunity - also if you choice credit card payment it will launch you to paypal so assuming you have a paypal account make sure you are all set with that account as well.

Also, two weeks ago ordering didnt open exactly at 8 (I am ET) it was more like 8:10, I was about to bail on it thinking he wasn't opening for orders, but he did so if you opt to go that route understand its around 8 ET.