510 Cartridge Issue

Vaponaut

I just got my 510 kit and I filled my first cartridge with some juice. It vap'ed good the first few times and then had a burnt taste to it. I have taken it apart and even flipped the filling around to see if that fixed it but it didn't. Anyone else have this issue with the 510 carts and if so, any suggestions??

Getting juice juice to the atomizer from a cartridge has always been an issue. Most people end up trying direct dripping or they switch to cartos.

Hey Jeff.. thanks for the quick response man... yeah I ordered some carto's also with my order because that's what I'm used to with my 808. I filled one and didnt like it much.. it may just be the supplier.

It sounds like the atomizer is dry. The carts will dry out fast and it will make a burnt flavor because the atomizer is dry. You really have to keep the cart wet. Also sometimes the filler will start to melt or burn. Same goes with the cart if not lined up properly with the bridge (pointy piece in atomizer with wire mesh on it.)

Try removing the filler from the cartridge and set it aside, just in case you still want to use it later. Add 2-3 drops of liquid directly on the atomizer and take a draw. Is that any better? :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h14QDp4v3O4&feature=player_embedded

Darn you Jeff!!! :lol:

Edited by BirdDog

Hey Bird.. yeah I did that.. I had been thinking of switching to a drip tip for awhile now.. it's an awesome vape and may just do that.. I just really didnt want to keep a bottle of liquid in my pocket all the time when I'm out and about.. especially while driving.

Yeah they do have silver bottoms (the threaded part). I will try another and see what happens. Maybe I just need to let it sit for awhile so it is able to suck into the "fibers". I'm just used to the kr808 refill being so fast and lots of juice.--->> fill the rubber lid it came with, push the carto down on it, wipe the juice off that side and vape away for a few hours

Yeah they do have silver bottoms (the threaded part). I will try another and see what happens. Maybe I just need to let it sit for awhile so it is able to suck into the "fibers". I'm just used to the kr808 refill being so fast and lots of juice.--->> fill the rubber lid it came with, push the carto down on it, wipe the juice off that side and vape away for a few hours

You can fill the 510 cartos the same way as you do the 808 or you can just add drops. You want it to look slushy. I usually will spin it in my hands for a minute or let them sit for about 15 minutes before firing them up. Give them another go and good luck. The silver ones are the recommended ones.