Having A Bad Vape Day.

marymary

I havent touched an analog for about two weeks now thanks to my joye ego. I am so happy, but I want one so bad!

Nothing seems to be going right these passed couple of days and I'm getting discouraged. I burnt out my first atomizer from dry burning. Yuck. Using drip tips was okay. But juice in my mouth and on my fingers all the time. Started with my ego t.. I was in love but now I get a metal taste in my mouth after only a couple days. These should last me awhile. I make sure to inhale without pressing the button to prevent it from getting dry but it tastes awful.

Cartomizers are great, I got the 510 ones, but one lasted me only a day before I got a metallic taste. I wasted so much juice refilling the stupid thing and now I can't use it. I clean them by blowing through them at night.

I am fed up, I thought this would get easier, but I can't find something Im in love with. Help?! I want this to work for me!

Thanks,

Mary

Hang in there, I have had those days believe me. I guarantee you however if you try the cig your going to hate it. Tastes like crap compared to vaping. I'm so sorry your having trouble today but the best thing to do is try and calm yourself down a bit, take a break and come back to it. I have had all those same frustrating issues as you have, a lot of it is just inexperience, be patient with yourself it will all work out. I hope some vets come along with some really good advice for the technical issues that can help you out but in the meantime know your not alone we've all had these days. (hugs)

Hang in there, I have had those days believe me. I guarantee you however if you try the cig your going to hate it. Tastes like crap compared to vaping. I'm so sorry your having trouble today but the best thing to do is try and calm yourself down a bit, take a break and come back to it. I have had all those same frustrating issues as you have, a lot of it is just inexperience, be patient with yourself it will all work out. I hope some vets come along with some really good advice for the technical issues that can help you out but in the meantime know your not alone we've all had these days. (hugs)

Thank you for the kind words. It helps to know I'm not the only one!

Yes, we all have those days too Maryann! I just never know if it's going to be something jacked up in "hardware" area... or "DIY and juice mixing"... or even simply filling and 'test vaping' a new BOGE 510 cartomizer for it's first run of many! One thing I would recommend is to try and make a point of not vaping so much out of one carto that it gives off a bad taste/smell. Seriously, you need to carry a bottle with you if you plan to be away for a long time. Like what I do is I will chain vape or whatever on one for a while, set it down and go to the kitchen for a drink, then return and I immediately pop off the drip tip and 'top off' with juice. Typically I can top one off with 6-8 drops or so... give or take about 2 or 3. I think the fact that you blow/clean yours out each night is causinjg you a lot more hardship vs. just letting it sit somehere safe in a box or somethimg till tomorrow... then grab em up and topp off all of those for the day! You just really almost have to treat a carto like some sort of atty... constantly adding juice to make sure its the same everywhere in the carto!

Edited by DAYVAPE

What liquid are you using? Could be the liquid and not the atties or tanks.

I am using some 50/50 from word up in 24mg. The problems did start when I switched to this juice now that I think about it. Previously I was using liberty flights and good prophets all VG and was doing just fine. Nice flavors and vape. Could it be the mix? Or just an off batch?

Thank you

Yes, we all have those days too Maryann! I just never know if it's going to be something jacked up in "hardware" area... or "DIY and juice mixing"... or even simply filling and 'test vaping' a new BOGE 510 cartomizer for it's first run of many! One thing I would recommend is to try and make a point of not vaping so much out of one carto that it gives off a bad taste/smell. Seriously, you need to carry a bottle with you if you plan to be away for a long time. Like what I do is I will chain vape or whatever on one for a while, set it down and go to the kitchen for a drink, then return and I immediately pop off the drip tip and 'top off' with juice. Typically I can top one off with 6-8 drops or so... give or take about 2 or 3. I think the fact that you blow/clean yours out each night is causinjg you a lot more hardship vs. just letting it sit somehere safe in a box or somethimg till tomorrow... then grab em up and topp off all of those for the day! You just really almost have to treat a carto like some sort of atty... constantly adding juice to make sure its the same everywhere in the carto!

Thank you! I saw you mention the Boge cartos somewhere else on this site, where do you buy yours? And how do you judge when it's time to stop using a carto? Sorry I meant I blow out the atomizers and the ego t atomizer. That was confusing gotta edit that! Thanks for the tip about more topping off. I was topping off just probably not enough. Gah! Thank you :)

Mary

I've had bad days like that before... and did light up unfortunately... but could only handle 3 puffs thank goodness. I've since learned to always keep on hand extra batteries & attys (back ups x Nana advice) and to always have on hand some prefilled cartomizers. I now reach for a new cartomizer, unwrap it (the same satisfaction as opening a new pack of cigs) and twisting it on and vape away happily while I tinker with my flailing atty/carto. I really really like LiquidXpress.com "Honey Flu Cured Tobacco" at 18mg and their "Grape" also at 18mg. Even their "Cool" is pretty good for a change in pace. They have other flavors too to try, but those are ones I know I like and enjoy and can highly recommend to keep on hand for druther days and for friends to try out the ecig with. Good luck to you and happy vaping!

(((marymary))) Your doing great! Please remember to be kind to yourself during your transition into a non smoker.

Like everyone said above, we all have those days. I had one yesterday as a matter of fact. I flooded every Carto. Lost 2 rubber caps under my stove and really just wanted to smoke. It passed, and my counter is still good! When it gets bad just stop on by VT. Were all here for you.

Vapor Kings has a great sale on Boge cartos right now. Remember to use their coupon code!

Good Luck!

Dayvape gave you some great advice. The problems with running a cartomizer dry is that the coil will burn through the protective wrapping and start burning the filler. Once you get the burned filler taste, the carto is toast. Dayvape's advice can apply to attomizers also as the metallic taste usually comes from them getting dry. Maybe the tank isn't releasing the juice fast enough? I haven' used the tanks yet, but I'm sure someone can give you some tips on getting it to juice better.

I think Dayvape uses the 2.0ohm LR cartos from VaporKings, but I'm sure he'll be along to correct me if I'm wrong. :)

http://www.vaporkings.com/Joye-510-style-blank-LR-cartomizer-Made-by-Boge-p/510-cartomizer-blank-2ohm.htm

I saw a video on the tanks and they said to twist several times after you first put it in the atti, I have done this and my tank is performing very well. I take it off the atti at night and use a q-tip to get any condensation from the atti, but that is all.

When you are using cartos, check them often and you can keep adding drops so they never get real dry.

Good luck.

Great, thanks for the support and understanding. It really does feel good to know everyone has 'off' days. I need to order some of the cartos from vaporkings, I looked around and they have great prices. I also want to try liquidxpress and try some different juices. I dripped some strong and delicious menthol all day and it worked out well, one step at a time! To make myself feel better I went to walmart and got a little purple tool box. It felt good to organize all of my batteries, juices etc. I also vaped a bit while walking around walmart and no one noticed. Awesome! My boyfriend was jealous. Thank you all so much! Really don't think I'd have made it without some kind words from you all! Happy vaping :)

Mary

Hang in there! I was having one of those "off days" a while back and broke down and smoked a cigarette! It was probably the best thing I could have done because it absolutely tasted awful. Like fried butt. I only got about 3 or 4 hits in when I had to throw it away. I'll never do it again, vaping is way better. What you're feeling is your body withdrawing from all of the chemicals in the cigarettes, it will get easier I promise :)

I was a menthol smoker and I loved the Mentha from VTS, but after vaping nothing but Mentha for a few weeks I found the flavor to not be as satisfying. I hit the forums and discovered you're body adjusts to the taste and smell much like a new perfume (which smells awesome the first few times you wear it and then you get used to it and can't smell it anymore). I rotate a few different flavors in to the mix now and I've found that solves my problem (but I still love the Mentha)!!!!

That's great, Mary! It sounds like you're doing better now. I know how bad those days can be. I haven't really had one myself in quite awhile now, but they do still happen. I have to tell you, I have not been a carto fan at all, but I bought some of the Boge 2.0 ohm attys from Vapor Kings and they are really good. I'm on my first one right now, so can't say how long they last, but so far I am liking it. I also make sure and top it off quite often and that seems to be working really well for me.

Be sure to keep coming in here and talking to us when you're having a rough time and we'll try to give you all the encourage you need. You can also come in here when you're not having a rough time and just want to say how well things are going and we'll cheer for you, too. This is a great place with a lot of great people who all just enjoy each others company. :thumbup:

I havent touched an analog for about two weeks now thanks to my joye ego. I am so happy, but I want one so bad!

Nothing seems to be going right these passed couple of days and I'm getting discouraged. I burnt out my first atomizer from dry burning. Yuck. Using drip tips was okay. But juice in my mouth and on my fingers all the time. Started with my ego t.. I was in love but now I get a metal taste in my mouth after only a couple days. These should last me awhile. I make sure to inhale without pressing the button to prevent it from getting dry but it tastes awful.

Cartomizers are great, I got the 510 ones, but one lasted me only a day before I got a metallic taste. I wasted so much juice refilling the stupid thing and now I can't use it. I clean them by blowing through them at night.

I am fed up, I thought this would get easier, but I can't find something Im in love with. Help?! I want this to work for me!

Thanks,

Mary

Hi Mary!

Oh my god, I have SOOO had bad Vaping days where I wanna say screw it!! First, the boge cartos can be bought just about anywhere. I get mine from vaporgalaxy. They're the same everywhere, I just get them there because I LOVE a particular juice they have (the high caliber killa vanilla). It's this thick really rich juice that tastes almost like cake. Mmm! Lol if you burn an atty sometimes you can still revive them by giving them a good cleaning in boiling water, or using a syringe to force alcohol thru it. Some people swear by doing water others alcohol. Either way you choose just make sure you let it dry for a good 24hrs after you clean it. I've been Vaping since November 19th (my quit date) so I'm also still learning. But the more you do it the more you learn tricks. Like have you tried the low resistance atty? It heats up warmer without a long draw, so you get a more satisfying vape without feeling like your sucking a golf ball thru a garden hose!!!! : ) just stick with it, it will get better!!

Hang in there! I was having one of those "off days" a while back and broke down and smoked a cigarette! It was probably the best thing I could have done because it absolutely tasted awful. Like fried butt. I only got about 3 or 4 hits in when I had to throw it away. I'll never do it again, vaping is way better. What you're feeling is your body withdrawing from all of the chemicals in the cigarettes, it will get easier I promise :)

I was a menthol smoker and I loved the Mentha from VTS, but after vaping nothing but Mentha for a few weeks I found the flavor to not be as satisfying. I hit the forums and discovered you're body adjusts to the taste and smell much like a new perfume (which smells awesome the first few times you wear it and then you get used to it and can't smell it anymore). I rotate a few different flavors in to the mix now and I've found that solves my problem (but I still love the Mentha)!!!!

That makes sense.. about getting used to flavors. I also love the menthol. I used it when nothing else was working for me and it calmed me down a ton. So yummy and strong. I'm using liberty flights and I want to try some other vendors, will have to try from the VTS. :) Thank you!

Mary

That's great, Mary! It sounds like you're doing better now. I know how bad those days can be. I haven't really had one myself in quite awhile now, but they do still happen. I have to tell you, I have not been a carto fan at all, but I bought some of the Boge 2.0 ohm attys from Vapor Kings and they are really good. I'm on my first one right now, so can't say how long they last, but so far I am liking it. I also make sure and top it off quite often and that seems to be working really well for me.

Be sure to keep coming in here and talking to us when you're having a rough time and we'll try to give you all the encourage you need. You can also come in here when you're not having a rough time and just want to say how well things are going and we'll cheer for you, too. This is a great place with a lot of great people who all just enjoy each others company. :thumbup:

Thank you Nana.. I do love this forum. It's super supportive and everyone is welcoming and helpful. I bounced around forums looking up information and always come back here! The best! I order some Boge 2.0 cartomizers from liberty flights. I think I'm going to like the lower resistance cartomizers and atomizers. I love the warm vapor. Thanks again. :)

Mary