Yesssss! My First Order Came In!

uplink3r

I got my bloog today! It's REALLY nice. We'll have to see about the battery life. I got two automatic batteries, the standard KR808D-1 Bloog Fusion, and the Bloog MaxxFusion.

First impressions: I was worried about not enough vapor and not enough burn in my throat. Not a problem! It makes MORE vapor and burns my throat MORE than a cigarette. I got the medium cartomizer (11mg) and it's one hell of a lot stronger than a cigarette too!

It doesn't really taste like a cigarette... the "Reds" flavor is kinda chocolate-y, and the Kamel is kind of a sweet flavor as well. RY4 is sweeter than both of them, and has a tad bit of that musky chocolaty-ness. All of the cigarette flavors taste like the WORST cigarette I've ever tasted in my life, but I suppose I kind of expected that. Next time I'll try and get more menthol-like flavors. Kamel, however is my "favorite".

The automatic KR808D-1 bloog fusion is a little weird at times. It doesn't go off automatically when i'm not dragging but i do sometimes need to take a quick drag to get it started before it'll go on with my second drag. The Maxxfusion is honestly flawless. Maybe i'll feel different when I get my eGo. But seriously, automatic batteries are NOT all that bad. I realize the manual ones are "better", but it's really not a huge deal AT ALL. The maxxfusion is flawless, the fusion MAY start a little late, but it's easily cured by a quick puff before you start... nothing huge.

Another thing, I keep coughing off of this thing. This is NOT a bad thing. I cough a bunch anyways from smoking, and considering the ecigs put next to no residue in your lungs, i'm coughing out all that tar! Woo-hoo! Good riddance!

My friend tried it out, was not terribly impressed, honestly I took a drag of a real cigarette - tastes a bit nicer. But I really think I can hold out on buying another pack now that I have this guy.

Plus it's like a new toy, it's mad fun.

Edited by uplink3r

Most tobacco flavors really don't mimic actual cigarette flavors. One thing about the auto batteries is to be careful not to put them in your pocket or bag with the atomizer attached. They can set themselves off and you might just burn out your atomizer or burn a hole in your pocket. I am glad that you are liking what you ordered.

Way to go, Ryan!! Aren't new toys fun? :thumbsup:

The thing is that vaping even the best tobacco flavors will never really taste like cigarettes because, as Chris has pointed out here several times, a lot of the "taste" of smoking cigarettes comes from the fact that tobacco and a lot of other scary stuff is BURNING and you're taking burning smoke into your mouth and lungs. (which sounds kind of freaky, now that I think about it in retrospect).

That's why a lot of people end up going for other strong flavors like coffee flavors or strong spices like cinnamon or pumpkin, and others get into the fruity or dessert stuff.

You'll find it.

Have fun!

After a couple days of vaping here's what I've discovered.

First of all, I don't know why this never occurred to me, but people rant and rave about battery life for a GOOD reason. Battery life is of the up-most importance if you want to quit (and make your purchase worth while). Because if you're battery dies, you will go back to smoking those "analogs". Guaranteed.

Second, while I do not believe that the automatic batteries have a serious disadvantage on starting up etc. many of them do have cutoff times of 5 seconds, which is REALLY annoying. You'll want to take a nice long drag, and get a real burn in the back of your throat... but often times you can't go as long as you'd want.

Third, I'll reiterate this, any "tobacco" flavor you get will be vastly inferior to actually smoking tobacco. It's like making a popcorn jelly bean. Think about it, it's hard for companies to replicate tastes exactly, especially from something like smoke to a flavor suspended in air. Try menthols, or even cloves if you have to. I tried my friends carts with flavors like vanilla and cherry, and honestly when you first take a drag it feels like a cigarette and you don't notice a taste until you exhale. Vanilla is oddly satisfying, even for stubborn me, who refused to buy any for himself. Tobacco will just make you long for a real cigarette that tastes less like crap.

Lastly, you will vape more than you smoke, particularly if you don't smoke much. Vaping is fun, you can do it anywhere, and you won't worry about your health. I'd recommend people starting with lower nicotine liquid than they'd think. If you're a heavy smoker try "medium", if you smoke less than a pack a day, definitely opt for "light" or no nicotine liquid.

If you get a smaller e-cig definitely get the PCC. That way you can constantly be charging one battery, and hopefully have another battery out and loaded. Think about it, vaping is a good alternative, but I often still crave a cigarette, and if you're battery EVER dies and you're having a nic fit, you won't hesitate to go back to tar.

These points should be written in red all over the site. :-P I don't want ANYBODY to think i'm at all dissatisfied with my purchase, these things are unbelievably close to a real cigarette, and may one day save my life. I love vaping, and I'm definitely happy with my Bloog and everything I bought - they're just important considerations to make with any purchase.

Edited by uplink3r

I think these some of these points are mentioned in almost every "what should I get post", or at least I found these answers here at VT before my first e-cig arrived and knew I'd be sending it back. Thanks VT!

You mentioned a lot of points that most people don't realize when they go to try their first e-cig and decide on the pref-filled truckstop/bloog/greensmoke category. It happened to me too. Live and learn- right? I wouldn't suggest those to anyone unless they were a very casual smoker- as I know how disappointing the whole package is in general to heavier smokers.

Edited by TroopX

Congrats Ryan! Glad your first impression was a positive one. Also, be cautious of any juice leaking from your carto/atty as this can kill an automatic battery it's not sealed off like a manual one is. Just be sure not to overfill, and wipe clean before connecting!

Every word you said is true. And so well written, too! +1 for you. That is exactly what we try to tell every single new person. We've all been there and found the same thing out. That's why we try to tell knew people the same thing so they don't have to find out the hard way. Just know that there are better batteries out there. Once you get a battery that lasts a lot longer, you'll find that those cravings are not as strong and will go away quickly - for most people.