7 Reasons To Start Or Stay Vaping

Jeffb

I also suspect it causes globlular warming and prevents world peace.Just living near or spending too much time on a freeway would expose you to those risks as well we better ban freeways.I wouldn't want to go back to smoking but I don't see how it is not for people to decide what risks they take.Seat belts,crash helmets sensible diet,extreme sports all fall under the same category as far as I am concerned.

Edited by mcquinn

while i do believe that smoking is a huge health risk, obviously, i also believe that smoking is getting the blame for many environmental factors as well, such as, i have seen the rise in childhood asthma in families where no one smokes and never allows their kids near smokers.

if my child had an ear infection (which was chronic for him) i was told it was because i smoked

but if my friends child got one (also chronic but no one there smoked) no one was to blame

personally i do believe smoking is a health hazard but i also believe it is the fall guy for other factors

• 3 weeks later...

while i do believe that smoking is a huge health risk, obviously, i also believe that smoking is getting the blame for many environmental factors as well, such as, i have seen the rise in childhood asthma in families where no one smokes and never allows their kids near smokers.

if my child had an ear infection (which was chronic for him) i was told it was because i smoked

but if my friends child got one (also chronic but no one there smoked) no one was to blame

personally i do believe smoking is a health hazard but i also believe it is the fall guy for other factors

For sure!!! My sister in law has 4 children, 3 of which have chronic health probs and she never smoked a day in her life. On the other hand, I have five children who have no health probs and I smoked in the house/car/around them since they were all in the womb! Is it just me or is this second hand smoke thing totally bogus?

I agree TOTALLY......my children NEVER had any problem associated with our smoking...no chronic anything wrong with them. For that matter I never had ANY chronic health problems associated with my smoking, no coughing, no asthma, no nothing. Here I have a bunch of other health problems, NOTHING to do with smoking, my parents are not and never were smokers, and no one has suggested that my health issues are in ANY way associated with anything they did. I know all kinds of kids with asthma, ear tubes, ear infections, chronic upper respiratory issues and none of the parents smoke. It is just an easy excuse. BUT THEN a close relative of mine, used drugs while pg, her baby needed brain surgery at 24 hours old (she is now 24 and totally fine, two kids of her own), had numerous surgeries and ALL of us privately thought, and so did the dr, that had she NOT used drugs the baby most likely would have been fine.....BUT SINCE no one could PROVE it was her fault, they wouldn't say it, because it would be MEAN. BUT people think NOTHING of blaming someone smoking on all kinds of problems their children end up having.

Like others said, you are exposed to MORE toxins from traffic, from cleaning chemicals, and all kinds of other things, but no one would, nor should they, suggest blaming all those things for every problem. We, as humans, pollute the environment with all kinds of chemicals. We fill our bodies with chemicals with nearly everything in a supermarket. I was reading some report about the proper scrubbing and cleaning of produce because of all the stuff sprayed on them...not just pesticides, but all the chemicals often used in harvesting, so the produce can be transported without bruising, rotting, etc. Then all the junk they put on certain items to make them look shinier and all kinds of goofy stuff. If I have to scrub my lettuce for 15 minutes before using it, I may never eat a salad again. I think i will take my chances just doing normal washing and scrubbing.

I have ONE main reason to stay not smoking.....to hopefully not die of lung cancer as numerous relatives have. I just hope I stopped smoking soon enough.

I agree with all of the above!! I've been saying that for years - ever since they came out with the second hand smoke thing. When they started saying that second hand smoke was even worse than smoking, I though "GREAT", then I'm better off than the ones who don't smoke. LOL Don't get me wrong, I do not want to go back to smoking. I love my vaping and I will continue to vape. I just always thought they blew everything out of proportion. Everything is blamed on smoking. My kids were almost never sick growing up and I always smoked in the house, but some of their friends who were always sick, grew up in non-smoking homes. It just never made sense to me how much they blame on smoking. Still doesn't. My husband's great aunt smoked when she was younger, but by the time she died, she hadn't smoked in over 30 years. BUT, it still says her death was smoking related on her death certificate. I just have a hard time buying that one. I'm not saying smoking is good, but I think they blame way too much on it. It's kind of like the statistics for drunk driving. I'm against drunk driving, but I remember hearing an ad on tv (years ago) that something like 20% of vehicle related deaths were caused by drunk drivers and that we needed to get them off the road now! So...I'm thinking. If 20% are caused by drunk drivers, then what about the other 80%? Are they caused by idiots? So, why don't we have campaigns to get the idiots off the roads first, then we can worry about the drunk drivers. I'm not trying to down play anything. I know that anyone who has lost a loved one to an accident caused by someone who has been drinking, would like to see that stopped. I get it. I do. But I think they take too many statistics and turn them around to use in a way they want to use them. Which is probably why they would put "smoking related" on a death certificate of someone who hadn't smoked in so long and only smoked briefly in her entire life. They can use that in the statistics. My opinion.

smoking is the politically correct blame for everything.....used to irritate me to no end what they could blame on smoking. Same problems when applied to a non smoker would just get a nice shoulder shrug.........

laser.gif

Still...I will take vaping any day of the week, month, year.rambo.gif

i dont know Erika, but i ran across this:

"Nicotine also has the ability to grow new blood vessels. So people with poor circulation, or have a disease which causes it such as diabetes, might benefit with the addition of nicotine in their system. This benefit was found by scientists that studied people who were on the nicotine patch, and they were very surprised to notice this result."

so while it is a vasocnstrictor i have also seen articles where they have been experimenting with nicotine in helping to aid the healing process of superficial wounds, so i think we end up back in the category of "everything is poison and nothing is poison" (my favorite chapter title of the book the serpent and the rainbow) when something is used in moderate doses it is beneficial but when used to excess can cause great harm....

one of the things i learned in massage school is that anything that causes vasoconstriction also causes vasodilation, example, i put ice on a sore muscle, the cold constricts, i remove the ice, the warming process causes vasodilation, so in theory, you take a puff of nicotine, constriction, you take a few deep breaths, dilation, hot/cold therapy alternating is uses for that very purpose to force the body to address and heal and area.

personally i dont think it causes anymore of a risk than drinking a lot of caffeine

I remember a pretty nasty picture from my highschool days that if you place cancer cells in a eye, there was a horrible growth of blood cells in that too. I wonder if that's related? Let me do a google image search and see if I can dig it up.

Ah poo. After a few minutes trying to find it on google images, no avail. I think it was a rabbit eye and there was a lot of blood vessels coming from the cancerous growth. Cancer cells need nutrient rich blood, so they make vessels until they reach the blood that they need.

Edited by derp

• 2 weeks later...