Tanks

Erika

I think my hubby is figuring out that this is more expensive than smoking to start off. Lol. I know some of you tried the ego tank and the tornado tank. Is the tornado a 510 fitting? Is one better than the other. I remember several people saying they were getting a burnt taste. Was this fixable or should i wait until it has been out a little longer and see if they get the kinks worked out? Qlso, are the little carts refillable or one time use? Thanks in advance!

Erika

I have an eGo and a tank. Erika. I got the tank because I have a pretty long commute, and while I like direct dripping and do it at home, it's not safe to do while driving. :innocent:

As I understand it, the tornado and ego are pretty much the same thing and both fit 510 fittings. I do love my tank - in fact, my husband uses one now too (good thing they come in two's!).

Erika, the little tanks are refillable, not sure how many times, havent heard anything about that yet. I just odered two attys and a 5 pack of the little tanks to go with the device i already have, as for burnt taste with the tanks, i read that sometimes they dont wick right and that if you suck on the tank as if its lit while not pushing the button you can get it to wick and avoid the burnt taste, i ran across some tips someplace...

i didnt see them in twos either except for in the starter kits

I just received my map tank from cov last week and it is the way to go as far as tanks go imo. I'm using the 3.2 ohm on my buzz at 4.5v and its been a pure pleasure to use. The internals are easily replaceable and super cheap.

Most angry pirate and cov hit a home run with this tank! The only bad part is they sell out fast so you have to be ready when more stock is added.

Here is a youtube link to see what the mod looks like on a few devices-

And here is the link to the site-

http://www.cloudsofvapor.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse&category_id=104&Itemid=85

Edit- cant get youtube link to work ><

Edited by brian1g

I have both the ego tank and the map tank, I like them both but if I had to pick one and walk away from the other, I'd run away with the map tank, it hoLds a lot of juice very easy refilled and replaced, I even mix flavors right in the tank. I fill it about once a day or once every 2 days. The ego t is good to but not nearly as nice as a map. The ego t has a very tight draw and also the wicking dosent allways go well. But over all is a good thing to have.

I think my hubby is figuring out that this is more expensive than smoking to start off. Lol. I know some of you tried the ego tank and the tornado tank. Is the tornado a 510 fitting? Is one better than the other. I remember several people saying they were getting a burnt taste. Was this fixable or should i wait until it has been out a little longer and see if they get the kinks worked out? Qlso, are the little carts refillable or one time use? Thanks in advance!

Erika

Hi Erika,

Tornado and eGo are the same, both are made my Joye and they both have the 510 threads. I got my tank atty and carts last Friday. I did have a burnt taste at first, but I found out how to remove the plastic piece that is punched out when the atty pierces that cart. Once I removed that piece I got a much better flow of juice in the wick. Also, I found that after I blow out the juice in the atty, (when changing juices or before going to bed) if I take my syringe and drip one or two drops into the wick, I don't get that burnt taste. Also, if you fill the tank to high, it doesn't allow for air so the juice flows. And, it you are using a juice with a vg % highter than 20%, it is two thick and that will prevent the atty from getting wicked properly. I also find that if I hold my PV in a more strait out (don't know how else to say it!) position, maybe tilted down slightly, I get a better vape. The carts are made of a thin hard plastic. I read that they last about a week. I think that after taking the top off and on the plastic can chip or the wear and tear can cause the cart to leak. On one of my new carts, when I popped the top off I found that the rim was already chipped, so I just threw it away. Again the plastic is thin and I'm sure during the manufacture these things happen. Out of ten carts I checked this had happen to only one, so in my books, it not a big deal. Now if it had been more than just one, I would have contacted the vendor and asked for a replacement cart.

As I said, I have only been using the tank since last Friday, that is all I have been using. I vape a lot if I'm home and my hand and mouth is free. I'd say that I have to fill the cart about 4 or 5 times a day. I have also noticed that I am using less juice than I did when I was using cartos. I placed an order for another tank atty Sunday. I understand it is a good idea to clean out your tank atty once a week and you have to allow 48 hours for the wick to dry completely. Since the air flow is restricted, it does take longer for it to dry out. As far as cleaning the atty, I have read that using everclear and allowing it to soak for 15 minutes will clean it out. I also read that you can use pure PG instead of everclear and heat the PG with the atty using the double boiler method. As soon as my second atty comes in, I will give cleaning the first atty a go.

Good luck with deciding on whether or not to get a new toy. :thumbsup:

How long will the MAP Tank last before you have to replace it? How do you clean it or do you have to? :question:

The map tank itself should last a very very long time (not a disposable tank). The part that will need to be cleaned / replaced is the ce2 carto inside. They are $12 for 5 of them and can be trimmed to fit with an inexpensive pipe cutter and a couple minutes. You can also buy precut ce2s from cov if you don't want to mess with cutting your own cartos down.

I would say they need to be cleaned after 15-20ml of juice vaped and replaced when they stop working lol. To clean you pull the carto out of the tank and rinse the tank and ce2 with water.

The tank is very sturdy and performance is excellent.

Edited by brian1g

The map tank itself should last a very very long time (not a disposable tank). The part that will need to be cleaned / replaced is the ce2 carto inside. They are $12 for 5 of them and can be trimmed to fit with an inexpensive pipe cutter and a couple minutes. You can also buy precut ce2s from cov if you don't want to mess with cutting your own cartos down.

I would say they need to be cleaned after 15-20ml of juice vaped and replaced when they stop working lol. The tank is very sturdy and performance is excellent.

Thanks Brian!

How do you clean the MAP Tank? :question:

@ Sharon- the map tank will last forever unless you drop it, truelove has been using his for about 6 months I think he said. Cleaning is easy pop the top of rinse with water, blow out the xl ce2 and flick the water out of the tank. Also i need to mention when the ce2 burns out you simply pull out the old one and slide a new one in, ready to go again. The actuall tank it self if tooken care of (no dropping it exc) should last for years.

@ Sharon- the map tank will last forever unless you drop it, truelove has been using his for about 6 months I think he said. Cleaning is easy pop the top of rinse with water, blow out the xl ce2 and flick the water out of the tank. Also i need to mention when the ce2 burns out you simply pull out the old one and slide a new one in, ready to go again. The actuall tank it self if tooken care of (no dropping it exc) should last for years.

Thanks DJ, I have the ego Tank and I am loving the not having to drip and fill every few minutes. I am finding that there is a honeymoon phase then working the kinks out. I but in a request for a notification when the MAP's are in stock. Hum, something to seriously think about. :question:

The map tank is very cool. Not sure about carrying it in public. Lol. Will it work on an ego or would i need to get a beefier battery? That guy has a serious collection of devices. Holy cow! I think brian just made me want to spend more money. Lol

Ooh ohh. It will work on the ego! 2.4 ohm is the reccomended one for the ego battery. Supposedly the e2 will last 3-4 weeks. I got an inside tip that he will have these up for sale tomorrow afternoon! Now if i can do it without hubby finding out. Lol

Ooh ohh. It will work on the ego! 2.4 ohm is the reccomended one for the ego battery. Supposedly the e2 will last 3-4 weeks. I got an inside tip that he will have these up for sale tomorrow afternoon! Now if i can do it without hubby finding out. Lol

Great Tip! Oh just talk to your hubby about it. You just might be able to finagle him into thinking it was his idea! LOL

The map tank is very cool. Not sure about carrying it in public. Lol. Will it work on an ego or would i need to get a beefier battery? That guy has a serious collection of devices. Holy cow! I think brian just made me want to spend more money. Lol

:thumbsup:

Dang, I go off the radar from VT for a while and I come back to find new toys! I'm diggin the look of that MAP tank, this is something I wanted a year ago but didn't exist and I didn't have the know how to do for myself, lol. I have a notify me in at CoV but I'm curious as to the ohm options. I know the lower the resistance the hotter the hit, and I actually go more for a cooler more flavorful hit (after a year of vaping TH and bite are nice but less important to me than good flavor)so I'm thinking if I rock the 3.2 on my old faithful vp/pt it would be just about right. I'm open to opinions though! :thumbup:

Just recieved my tornado tank today can anyone tell me if its common practice to take

the tank off when you are not using it? I found that if i lay it on its side juice will leak where the tank meets the atty what do you guys do also not really experienced with the juices but please tell me there is a better tobbaco flavor than the one that comes with the kit. Any suggestions?

Dang, I go off the radar from VT for a while and I come back to find new toys! I'm diggin the look of that MAP tank, this is something I wanted a year ago but didn't exist and I didn't have the know how to do for myself, lol. I have a notify me in at CoV but I'm curious as to the ohm options. I know the lower the resistance the hotter the hit, and I actually go more for a cooler more flavorful hit (after a year of vaping TH and bite are nice but less important to me than good flavor)so I'm thinking if I rock the 3.2 on my old faithful vp/pt it would be just about right. I'm open to opinions though! :thumbup:

I talked to the owner yesterday. they did not go up for sale today. i've checked about 20 times today. Checked tonight though and they added a Map mini which is cool! i was afraid of the size so that's the one i want. The owner recommended the 2.4 but i don't think i will like the hot hit. I think i'm going to get the 2.8 instead.

I have heard many a great thing about the MAP Tanks thus far. I foresee myself making THAT purchase in the near future to see if I can better my current vaping situation. I'm starting to think that I should just forget about everything else and just enjoy vaping like I currently am! I start to question my quest for the 'perfect vaping experience' anyway! :thumbsup: