Mod As A Party Item Like A Hookah?

uplink3r

I'm not terribly interested in getting the eGo, because it's not much like a cigarette. If I want to smoke on the go (as I walk down the street etc), I want something that looks like a cigarette. If I want something big and weird :yes , then I'd rather just have a silver bullet or something similar.

So here's what I want:

1. Rechargeable Battery OR Plug-in as long as it's semi-portable (as portable as a beer or two).
  2. Gets very hot (because I want to experiment with tinctures... very carefully, maybe i'll post on this later)
  3. Easy to refill with my own liquid
  4. Atomizer that won't be high maintenance or costly (being a n00b I'm leaving this open ended because I don't know much about this...)
  5. Something I'd want to pass around with friends

What kind of options am I looking at? I'm a little confused by the numbers system - it's the atomizer/cartridge size, right? SMy understanding is the silver bullet is just a big battery for a Joye 510 (or any 510?). Should I opt for a more durable atomizer?

Anyways, what'd be a good combo for something that got nice and hot that's nothing like a cigarette, and something I can carry around and isn't so "weird". I smoke let's say 5 cigarettes a day, so I don't need a super good battery -- especially if I have a portable one, and one I can just use at my desk at home.

I'm not terribly interested in getting the eGo, because it's not much like a cigarette. If I want to smoke on the go (as I walk down the street etc), I want something that looks like a cigarette. If I want something big and weird :yes , then I'd rather just have a silver bullet or something similar.

So here's what I want:

1. Rechargeable Battery OR Plug-in as long as it's semi-portable (as portable as a beer or two).
  2. Gets very hot (because I want to experiment with tinctures... very carefully, maybe i'll post on this later)
  3. Easy to refill with my own liquid
  4. Atomizer that won't be high maintenance or costly (being a n00b I'm leaving this open ended because I don't know much about this...)
  5. Something I'd want to pass around with friends

What kind of options am I looking at? I'm a little confused by the numbers system - it's the atomizer/cartridge size, right? SMy understanding is the silver bullet is just a big battery for a Joye 510 (or any 510?). Should I opt for a more durable atomizer?

Anyways, what'd be a good combo for something that got nice and hot that's nothing like a cigarette, and something I can carry around and isn't so "weird". I smoke let's say 5 cigarettes a day, so I don't need a super good battery -- especially if I have a portable one, and one I can just use at my desk at home.

Your posts are a little confusing, first you say you want something that looks like a cigarette, then you say you want something that looks nothing like a cigarette? Then you say you want something you can pass around at a party.... E cigs are nothing like a Hookah, and they are referred to as personal vaporizers not really for sharing.

Your posts are a little confusing, first you say you want something that looks like a cigarette, then you say you want something that looks nothing like a cigarette? Then you say you want something you can pass around at a party.... E cigs are nothing like a Hookah, and they are referred to as personal vaporizers not really for sharing.

I went away and then came back halfway through.

I want to get two e-cigs. I want something that is big a bulky and I could use at my desk (but maybe not a usb passthrough) that could even plug into the wall. And also something like a 510 (I wouldn't mind bigger than a 510, but DEFINITELY smaller than an eGo). I'm asking what I should get a for a bigger bulkier version?

Well, I don't know of any mods that you can just plug into the wall or a USB port. However there is the joye ego passthru(not a true passthru, just a battery you can vape on while charging, really. Some mods have USB ports that you can use for charging other devices, but like I said, I don't know of any that just plug in. Also, your idea of what a silver bullet is is pretty much correct, but(i don't know specifically with a silver bullet since I don't own one, but i'm guessing they're all the same, at least in this respect) the unit itself isn't a battery, it's a battery case. Mods all use removable batteries to my knowledge.

As far as something small and similar to a cigarette is concerned, a 510 is more like a cigarillo in size... I think that's what they're called... like a black and mild, or those phillies blunts with flavored whistle tips. It's just a tad thicker than a cigarette, but it's a bit longer. I think the actual length is something like 110 millimeters, whereas analog 100s are 100 millimeters. I don't know anything about a Kr808 other than it's a 2 piece design, meaning the atomizer and cartridge are in one single piece. The 510 can also use cartomizers, but it's a 3-piece unit.

What I would recommend is getting a 510(or ego usb passthru) and a megalodon. The 510 isn't bad, but its battery life really does suck, like any other stick battery. You'll get about 2-3 hours out of a 510 battery, sometimes more, sometimes less. It all depends on how often you use it. But in contrast, an Ego battery will last you like 6-8 hours. Again, it depends on how much you use it. It can be more or less.

The closest thing in size to an actual cigarette would be an L88B(blu, volcano, revolver) or some other kind of super mini. The blu is not as terrible as most people make it out to be. I still have mine, and I actually quite like it. However, the problem with it is that it's overpriced. The $60 I paid(now $70) for a kit is simply not worth it when you can get an Ego kit for the same price or a little more, a Riva for less than half that, an ego passthru for like $25, and a Megalodon for about $100. The L88B has decent vapor production, but the batteries are complete suckage. They will last you anywhere from 30 minutes to 2 hours, again, depending on how much you use it.

I wouldn't highly recommend sharing any PV with others, but there's no more harm in doing so than there is in passing around a hookah hose. The reason I recommend the megalodon is it's the most versatile mod I know of. It can use a multitude of different batteries and at least 3 different atomizers, depending on which connector you get for it. A 3.7 volt 18650 is rated at 1500 mah(milli-amp hours, this is a rating of how much charge it will hold/how long it will last, in case you're not familiar with the term) compared to an Ego's 650 mah. So basically, the Don will last you more than twice as long as an Ego battery will at the same voltage. It can also be used at 5 or 6 volts, so it gives you the opportunity to do high voltage vaping. It's a beast. If you're interested, you can purchase a megalodon from www.electronicstix.com. You can find the 510 at many different places, as well as the ego. I specifically got my 510 kit from www.mypvshop.com for about $40, and I got my Ego passthru from www.totallywicked-eliquid.com for about $15(it was on sale. The regular price is something like $25. And, you can get a Riva kit(same as ego passthru, but no USB plug on the bottom of the battery, battery recharging requires disconnecting the unit and waiting) from www.liberty-flights.com for $30 with their 20% discount. There's a button located somewhere along the top of the page that says "20% off click here."

Here is a picture of a regular(king sized) cigarette, an L88B(blu/volcano), an Ego passthru, and a Megalodon to give you an idea of how they compare in size to a cigarette. Note: the Don does not come in yellow. It comes only in a stainless steel color. I painted mine.

e-cigscigs.jpg

one last thing I forgot to mention about the don. You see how it has 3 main body pieces? The 18650 that's in it now takes up pretty much the whole length of the body, but you can put in a single CR123A battery and reduce it to about half the size it is now. So it doesn't have to be big. It's the most versatile mod I know about, and I absolutely love it.

Edited by DerStadtschutz

[*]Rechargeable Battery OR Plug-in as long as it's semi-portable (as portable as a beer or two).

This leave you only with a Passthrough. No other ecig plugs into the wall really. Your choice would be eithe the eGo passthrough or the VP PT from vaprlife.

[*]Gets very hot (because I want to experiment with tinctures... very carefully, maybe i'll post on this later)

Just remember the hotter it gets the more problems you'll run into. Again the VP PT might be a good idea as it runs at 5 volts. (Rather than the standard 3.7v ecig)

[*]Easy to refill with my own liquid

That's pretty much any ecig with an atomizer. Just make sure it's a 510 fitting. (VP PT comes with a 510 fitting)

[*]Atomizer that won't be high maintenance or costly (being a n00b I'm leaving this open ended because I don't know much about this...)

When you find this, let me know. I'll take 500. ;)

[*]Something I'd want to pass around with friends

Now your talking about something like Hookah. In which case...you may as well get a Hookah. eCig Hookahs do exist but they're basically just a standard Hookah with eGo's on the end. And they're expensive. Not worth it to be honest.

From your post you're pretty much asking for an all in one transformer party ecig. :lol: But I honestly think the VT PT from Vaprlife is the closest thing you'll find for what you want. I would also suggest that you purchase quite a few atomizers if your going be sharing. After all you never know where somebody's mouth has been.