Still Craving An Analog.

Erika

After 3 weeks it got very easy for me. I was a 2-3 pack a day smoker (chain smoker). I had my brain think I only smoked cause my nerves were shot, but they are getting better. lol. It is almost 2 months for me that I quit smoking. I smoked for about 3 days while vaping. on the 3rd day, my cigs were gone and I did not feel like rolling another pack or 2 ( I use to roll my own) and I quit smoking cigs on that day. Never again will I pick up another cig again. I am being checked for Heart disease and I am almost 40 yrs old. I turn 40 on the 17th of this month.

Good Luck to you and please, Do Not Smoke...Just Vape!

I agree the first week was hard but the 3rd week was the hardest for me.Now I'm a month in and don't want one...I still think about it sometimes but the want to is gone.This vaping thing really works!

Vaping is a miracle to some...I think everyday, It is a miracle that I quit smoking

Erika, You can do it, I have faith in you.

Your a strong and amazing person. Look at everything you accomplish on a daily bases and all you have achieved in your lifetime. :thumbsup:

You go girl!

:animier: :animier: :animier:

The first few days were the hardest. I still have light cravings after a few weeks, but vape through them. It's good to not smoke 2 packs a day anymore!

Try some different juices. Come into the chat room sometime and get more info and support. Vape through it!

Hang in there!

The first few days were the hardest. I still have light cravings after a few weeks, but vape through them. It's good to not smoke 2 packs a day anymore!

Try some different juices. Come into the chat room sometime and get more info and support. Vape through it!

Hang in there!

^^ This... The support of others makes a huge difference in not smoking.It also gets you excited about trying new juices and devices.I've only been analog free for just over a month but, when i do get cravings i can vape them GONE!

EDIT: The biggest thing that as helped me was finally finding a juice i like...... that alone has taken away tons of frustration.

Edited by Dose

Erica, it's different for all of us. It was one week of vaping before I didn't have that awful craving for a cigarette. I broke down after three days and had an analog and took three puffs of it and almost gagged, yuk with a capital Y. I still have about a pack and a half in my drawer. I have had some days that bought the thought back of, I want a cigarette but that pasted as soon as I started to vape my favorite juice. So you have a lot of supporters and I know if we all can make it you can too. Prime example, I smoked for 48 years and have only smoked a partial analog in over three months. Can't wait to hit that six month mark, I think that is a good sign you probably will never be a smoker again. Just read a piece by Dr. Michael Siegel of Boston University, an e-cig authority. So I say, keep on vaping.

eventually you wont crave the analogs at all, and its ok if you have one or two in your first week of vapeing to take the edge off the feeling that you are giving something up, in all reality you will discover that youre not giving up anything at all aside from that nasty hacking cough and the terrible smell in your hair and clothes

There is a transition period and you have to remember that there is a sacrifice to be made. I think that a lot of people new to vaping (myself included) think that they will start vaping instead of smoking and it will be as if they nothing changed. I was so pissed when I figured that out. Trust me when I say that you'll get over it. While you do have to accept that it isn't the same as smoking and do have to make a sacrifice. It is the easiest and smallest sacrifice you can make. You have to ask yourself only 1 question. Is your life worth this sacrifice? If your answer is "no" then you aren't ready to quit, but if it's a yes or even a maybe then you are already half way there. Make a promise to someone that you care about that you would feel guilty for not keeping a promise to. And make a rule. Mine is that if I really want to have a cigarette I first have to talk to someone who supports me in quitting and if I still want one after talking to them then I'm allowed to. I don't care who it is. Friend, spouse, or people on the forums or tinychat. I know ya can do it! You just have to believe that yourself.

Thanks everyone. I did not give in. The urge is there this morning but I have not Vaped today. Didn't have time before I had to leave. I posted here cuz I knew you all would encourage me. I have not had one since yesterday at 11 am. Thank you all so much!

Erika

:animier: :animier: Erika. :animier: :animier:

Your doing great!!!!!! Try some 24 mg when it gets difficult.

I really struggled for the first 5 days. You have to remember that you are going through withdrawals right now. You are getting nic, but the 4000 other chemicals your brain has functioned on for the last....however many years you smoked is gone and your missing the poison. I think it was Uma that posted last week a list of chemicals in a cigarette. Anti depressants were one of them. Dirty tricks. So no wonder it's difficult.

Your doing really well, just remember your never alone.

Everyone is a little different, I pretty much dropped analogs after the first day and I had maybe 3-5 analogs in the next couple of months. It all depends on how long you smoked, what type of analogs, what eCig device you're using and strength. It can take people a while to get adjusted.

Think about it this way, it doesn't really matter if you cave every once in a while. Cutting down from a pack to even half a pack a day is a huge decrease. Slowly but surely, hopefully you'll get it down to 0 analogs. Don't be discouraged, no one is going to think less of you : )

Thanks everyone. I did not give in. The urge is there this morning but I have not Vaped today. Didn't have time before I had to leave. I posted here cuz I knew you all would encourage me. I have not had one since yesterday at 11 am. Thank you all so much!

Erika

Did you leave home without your ego? They are portable ya know~ :)

The urge will be there- but that is what the vape is for. Kills the urge pretty fast. I know my first two weeks I didn't put the PV down, went through about 60ml of juice in 20 days. I'm slowing it down a bit now. ...Don't forget to vape!

You know on the 20th of this month it will be 6 months vaping for me and no analogs, but there are still times that I want to smoke one. I don't, becasuse I remember how they taste and smell and its just nasty. You will get there but go easy on yourself it may take awhile to get over the hump for you, but it will happen. If you slip and have one it is NOT the end of the world, it is just a slip, go back to vaping and keep on keeping on....it is so worth it.

The first month or so went pretty smoothly for me (no cravings). When I first started vaping, I would still go out to the smoke shack at work to vape and being around cigarettes didn't bother me at all. It was after about two months when I started having cravings. I didn't have them often, but when they hit... oh man it was bad. Fortunately I was always able to vape heavily and get through it. There are some triggers also. I remember once I ate a piece of chocolate and all of a sudden I wanted a cig sooo bad... I could feel it through my whole body. Stress was always bad too - especially at work. Now, I can't even remember the last time I had a craving, but I'm sure it's been a few months.

Well I am at 22 days analog free and as I sit here listening to Okkervil River croon the wee hours of the morning away, vaping on the decadence of Boba's Bounty from AVE (and may the good Lord in Heaven shine forever on Ben), I cannot imagine lighting up one of the over 200 nasty analogs currently in my house. I dunno if I am just lucky, or was just that ready to quit, but I have not had a single craving since the day I picked up my first 510. (Hopefully they won't ever come, 'cuz I don't miss them... And don't want to start.)

That being said, everyone is different. And true, no one (at least no one here) is going to think any differently of you if you "break down" and smoke a cigarette. Best to be as true to yourself as you can be, and not worry about what everyone else thinks, anyways. Btw, chocolate goes great with Boba's.... Actually, pretty much everything does.^^

I'm gonna get lynched here, but my advice is to try an analog again. I think it's probably the best thing I did after I quit and felt the urge to smoke again. I've been smoke-free for about a month now and the other day my wife was smoking and wanted me to smoke with her. I lit it up and it absolutely tasted horrible. It tasted like it did when I was a kid and used to try and sneak a puff of my dad's cigarettes when he would toss them in the yard. My throat burned, my eyes watered and it was miserable. Trust me, it's not gonna taste as good as you remember or imagine.

Hey Erika, I just want to say that it's gonna be OK. For me, 2 weeks into it, when I am in a really stressful situation, the craving still comes, and then you better believe I grab my eGo and vape away. The craving passes. It helps a lot.

But pretty soon, when you find some juices you like and get comfy with the whole thing, if someone put an analog and your PV in front of you, you will reach for the PV without a thought because it tastes a thousand times better!

I gave in and had a half of one. Yuck is right. Haven't had another since but i still crave one or at least my body thinks i want one. Morning and night are the hardest.

erika