The Cost Of Vapeing Vs Analogs

As everyone said is so true ! I sit back and remember how everything was while smoking and I didn't like it. I made a list of reasons to stop smoking to always go back to when things get hard.

1. Walking up a flight of stairs with out my heart pumping like crazy.

2. Chest hurting me from chain smoking.

3. Coughing all the time and throat hurting.

4. Not being able to Cary my kids in my arms.

5. The Bad smell on me and everything else.

6. Being a little on the heavy side worrying about a Heart attack.

7. Not spending enough time with my kids " always leaving to smoke".

8. Getting yelled at by my Doctor.

9. Whiter teeth :D

10. Shorthing my life span, and not being around when the kids get older.

Man I really can wright 100 or more things about why I quiet smoking and let me tell you MONEY has to be in the higher numbers like in the 60's ! IF I have extra money I spend it on vaping and if I don't I save until I do so. Vaping has saved my life and many more people and I am great full for it everyday I wake up and kiss my kids and wife ! So for the price of vaping will never out weigh the price I paid for my good health ! So I never think about turning back, and pray for the people who don't like vaping to not turn back to smoking especially do to money ! God Bless all my vaping Friends ! :hug:

Obviously the upfront cost of vaping will easily exceed the price of a pack of cigarettes, but if it didn't, then your device would have crapped out on you long ago, and you'd be replacing it all the time.

For me, I'd go thru about half a pack a day, so about every two days I'd be buying a pack of cigarettes. 30 days in a month, divided by 2, = 15... X about 5 bucks for a pack of my pall malls, equals 75 dollars... 75 dollars every month. That's not really a whole lot, and it's a lot lower compared to some people's smoking habits, but I can guarantee you I haven't spent 75 dollars every month on vaping supplies since I've started. And even if I have, whoopty-doo. There's much more hidden cost behind just buying cigarettes anyway. Depending on where you go to get them, you gotta factor in the gas, and some people can't walk into a store without buying other crap like candy bars, sodas, and whatnot. Then consider all those damn lighters you go thru or simply lose on top of it. EVEN IF you spend as much as all that stuff combined on vaping supplies, if you spend the exact same amount of money, in the end you'll spend a lot less anyway in healthcare expenses down the road because you won't be inhaling all those damn chemicals. You'll feel a lot better, too. As a result of feeling better and actually being able to breathe, you'll have more energy and probably be more active, leading to even MORE health benefits.

I'm a cheapass if there ever was one, and the main reason I decided to switch was the cost, but honestly, now that I think about it I wouldn't worry too much. You're saving money whether you realize it or not.

Okay, just to find out specifically, I went thru my e-mail and added up the amounts on all my invoices(I never delete those for some reason). My grand total spent on vaping is... $435.46. My first order was placed on the 9th of August, 2010. I bought a blu kit for my girlfriend too, so like $60 of my total cost doesn't really even count for what I spent, but I factored it in anyway. Today is February 15th, 2011. I have been vaping for a little over 6 months. So, dividing my total cost by 6, I come to $72.58 a month. So basically, I've been keeping pretty even with my smoking habit. However, I have 15 different 30ml bottles of juice(not all full anymore, of course). Some of what I purchased was things like drip tips(which can never go bad) and spare batteries that will last me a long time. And I probably have enough juice for at least a year. The only reason I have so much now is because I wanted to try out all different flavors. So in the end, I've actually saved a lot. And, as it stands right now, I have no need or reason to purchase anything for quite some time.

I know in my first year I spent much more on vaping than I would have on smoking. However, I've also accumulated enough stuff to last me for years. I could probably to 3 years without buying anything if I had to.

I agree, same here.....We bought tons of stuff the first several months. But really now all we buy is liquid. We are upgrading devices and getting mods....our one year vaping anniversary gift to ourselves. But really, even if vaping cost a little more I would still do it. I was paying a little over $4 a pack for smokes, so not really high like some places. We didn't start vaping with the idea that it would cost less. Now it is costing much less, but in the beginning with the acquiring of batteries and trying to find liquid you really like, it can easily be more, depending of course how many devices you accumulate. No matter what it is worth the money to not be smoking....something I thought I would NEVER achieve.

One other thing I forgot to mention earlier, even though I spent $435.46 on vaping in 6 months, I also got a free mod due to a giveaway on another forum,and along with that I also got a bunch of batteries and chargers for the mod, a total value of about $203, PLUS a few free bottles of juice here and there. With vaping, there is this whole community of helpful generous people to take into consideration as well, something you won't find with smoking.

Just to toss my $0.02 in, it took me two months to break even, and I have been in the black since. according to my little spreadsheet, I'm a little over $1,400 in the black. Granted I haven't gone mod crazy (not that I haven't been tempted though :innocent: ) but my old reliable vp/pt is my 99% use device and I have an eGo for out and about times. most of my expendatures are in juice, which isn't too killer on the wallet. After a year my tastes are STILL changing. I can't stand smoke or tobacco flavors anymore, and the only one I've found that doesn't start to taste bland to me halfway though a bottle is a Cinnamon & Clove blend I get from Juicy Vapor. Though I did just drop like $150 rebuilding my atty backstock and ordering a couple MAP tank mods.

Anywhos, exposition aside, what everyone is saying is true. once you find your niche toy and a good all day vape plus a few good once-in-a-while'ers it turns around really quick. My best recommendation (I know its good cuz I didn't do it and wish I had) is to actually put aside the money you would have spent on cigs so it isn't an abstract "oh I have saved this amount" idea. Whether you use a big jar or a special bank account, actually seeing a tangible amount would shock you, then use THAT money for new toys.

Lol, despite what I said above, I'm still thinking I need a solid variable voltage mod. Maybe my "in-the-black" amount will be dropping shortly. :whistle:

lol, i am hoping that i dont go mod crazy, its going to be hard enough keeping up with maintaining back ups, and eventually getting some type of kit to put all the stuff, the just in case stuff and the everyday use stuff and god forbid if i were to even entertain the idea of starting down the road of the DIY juices lol... one could become obsessed very quickly....