Ego Comments

Vapmiles

Ok, So having this for a couple of days now, I figured some things out. First, I don't understand why they would put the cap so close to the bridge. Melted mine the first day. I've cut it down to about half the size, cleaned it and went back to vaping. Then started watching videos and reading more of the forums. I believe the atty cover blocks the vent holes and contributes to the overheating. So I took it off and get a much better hit. Today I'm going to drill a couple of small holes in it, just above the threads, to see if that helps. I saw Doctor Vapor's video about using parts from the ergo end of a pen, put one on and think it looks cheap, didn't like it. I will say, after using the Duet that a friend gave me, I love the eGo. I'm extremely impressed with the battery life. I would like to know if there's an atty out there that will hold more than 3 drops of liquid. I'm disabled and don't have the money to experiment much. That's the reason for getting an ecig to begin with. I couldn't afford analogs, my friends, who all smoke, were helping me with that. Today I'm going to try out a carto. All in all, I am happy with the unit I bought though. One little tip for those that now have that smell in their house. Put cups of vinegar around the house. It will remove the analog smell. Hope you all have a great day.

Vapmiles, I'm impressed with your handy work! Great job! As for less filling.. They have the mega Atty and cart. It holds a bit more juice but IMHO tends to be hit and miss on consistency. I'm waiting for the tank myself. Maybe that would work for you also. Good luck!

De-wicked/De-bridged attys are your friend. Taste is all around better to me. You seem way handy enough to do this outpatient surgery. Lots of videos here and around the internet to show you how. I quit once I moved to the 306 Low Resistance atty because the flavor seems fine to be with the bridge, and they tend to be more leaky. (I still remove the wick straight away, and don't know why folks use them if they are dripping.) Either way, flooded attys are bad on several levels, so aside from the mega line or a tank you are stuck with 3-4 drops. (It keeps me from vaping my brains out anyways.) I would be dangerous with a tank.

Hey Vapemiles, I'd be interested to see how that works for you. Switching to kr808 carts to 510 carts (and dripping some) has been pretty good for me. I like the 3 ohm carts. The LR attys I have are a little hot for my taste and seems to go through juice pretty quickly. You might enjoy the cartos. I know a lot of people hate them, but the 510s, imo, are pretty good. I like dripping, but for me I think a regular atty would be better.

Glad to have you here.

Well, I drilled the holes, then saw the post from Thorne and de-bridged it. I had already taken out the wick. I won't do that again. It was too inconsistent without the bridge, with both the drilled and non drilled cover. I'm now using the cart(510) and keep it wet. Works great with the drilled cover on it. I need to make every drop count. The atty wasn't doin it for me, the cart does. I have a few ideas I want to try with the atty, but will have to wait till next month. I'm saving the second atty for that, and if my idea works I will defiantly post.

DAYVAPE, still preaching the carto use eh. Some things never change! I wish I could appreciate cartomizers; for some reason they don't work good at all for me. Which is strange as seeing people love them. It doesn't matter the device or voltage, it's the same garbage for me. To each their own I guess!

Vapmiles, the hard thing about vaping is finding what works for each person. Everyone is going to have different tastes and preferences and sometimes it can take people a while to figure out their sweet spot. Stick with it, you'll find it eventually. I've seen many cartridges burned but it's usually only because the button became depressed accidentally causing and the atomizer to be become really hot and start to melt. The cartridge shouldn't melt from normal, everyday use.

The T does work great on the eGo. I got mine at VK their link is In the vendors area. They have fast shipping and their prices are comparable with other places. If you order don't forget the discount code VTALK15 I think. Mine works great so far.

Sharon, please tell me more about the tank. Where did you get it, does it work with the Ego battery? Sounds like something I want, like right now. :thumbsup:

Hey, I'm still waiting for the replacement to come in dangit! :wallbash:

But, several other people here on VT already have their's and the reports are very, very positive.

Yes the Tornado Tank does work on the eGo batteries. I ordered mine from Totally Wicked. As a matter of fact, I am going to stop reading the posts and call them again.

Good luck, I think (only by what I have read) you will not be disappointed with the tank. :thumbsup:

I ordered my tank from Vaperite, they appear to be out of stock on them now. I did ask Chris if the VT store will be stocking them and he confirmed they will as well, shortly.

I love the convenience of filling the tank which is an easy process and vaping for hours with it that way, it holds just over one ML of juice. There are several threads here in the general section and several video reviews out there.

I love it and haven't used a carto or cart since I got it.

Hey, I'm still waiting for the replacement to come in dangit! :wallbash:

But, several other people here on VT already have their's and the reports are very, very positive.

Yes the Tornado Tank does work on the eGo batteries. I ordered mine from Totally Wicked. As a matter of fact, I am going to stop reading the posts and call them again.

Good luck, I think (only by what I have read) you will not be disappointed with the tank. :thumbsup:

Update: I just got off the phone with TW. My tank atty was not shipped out on Monday as originally told. It shipped out yesterday. So it doesn't look like tomorrow will be Tank Day. #*&###*&&### is all I can say! :censored:

After listening to their policy regarding returning products and refunding the cost of shipping, on the returners part, they agreed to give me a store credit for the shipping cost. They have been used and abused in the past with less than honest customers returning items that were damaged, by the customer, claiming to have received the item broken. I told them that I can appreciate their policy for people who do not operate above board, but that I had not previously purchased a Tornado Tank atty so it is not a reorder. Thank you Totally Wicked for agreeing to credit my account, but I want my TANK! It's one of those times where throwing a temper tantrum is not going to speed up shipping and it is what it is. :wallbash:

Looking towards Saturday for the Happy Dance! :thumbsup:

Bummer Sharon.....Hang tight, it will be Saturday before you know it....Let us know how it works for you.

Thanks, your right! Lets see, it's almost 11:00 PM on Thursday. My mail usually comes around 10:00 AM. Thats only 35 more hours! :shiftyninja:

I should go to bed and then Saturday will come even sooner. :thumbsup:

Edited by Sharon

LOL. Oh Sharon, how frudtrating!

Well, MY issue is that my ego tank is here and I love it EXCEPT when the darn thing leaks. I'm reading and trying to figure it out but I haven't pinpointed anything yet.

Sigh.

Nanna, I wish I could help you with your tank problems. I did see a post, recently, here on VT about the cartridge leaking. I'll try to find it for you.

Nanna, I wish I could help you with your tank problems. I did see a post, recently, here on VT about the cartridge leaking. I'll try to find it for you.

I found this:

1. Make sure the little plastic tab isn't hanging like a "chad". I've found that spinning the tank on the atty will cause it to break off. Sometimes that hanging-chad creates just enough space that a leak could occur.

2. Back the atty off the battery just a bit for easier airflow. The suction from use could be pulling too much juice into the wick.

and,

I've had two "leak" now. My original eval unit leaked form the factory, and one of my purchased units developed a leak yesterday.

First and foremost, e-liquid viscosity has a lot to do with it. I have some very "thin" 555 that I received from a reputable vendor, and it will run through the "T" like poop through a goose. The wicking delivery system just will not work with such a "watery" liquid.

Secondly, it has been noted that the "fluff" of the wick and its position in the piercing tube can also have an effect on delivery.... going from not enough flow (dry, burning taste) to too much flow (leak). Both of my "leakers" were "fixed" by adjusting the wick..... I'm glad I was able to resurrect them, but I really wish such "adjustments" weren't necessary.

Some more,

http://www.totallywicked-eliquid.com/forum/tornado/a-warning-not-to-pry-off-lids-on-the-tanks-to-prevent-leaking/

http://www.totallywicked-eliquid.com/forum/tornado/tank-leaking-prevention/

http://www.totallywicked-eliquid.com/forum/tornado/my-tank-leaked-(/

See if any of these help you.

I love the eGo tank so much that I just ordered a green eGo passthrough with tank atty and a red eGo passthrough with tank atty and an extra 1000 mah battery. Hopefully I'm set on my hardware for a while. now on to the juice, need to get a supply because sometimes my favorite juice is out of stock and I am impatient.

Yeah, the tank is the way to go. I love mine.

I posted something earlier about removing the rest of the plastic the the needle punctures when using a new tank. Try it... it wicks sooo much better...

Meziked, I can't find your earlier post about removing the plastic piece after the needle punctures the cart. Can you repost it?

Thanks

Well, you all will laugh about this but I finally figured out that FOR ME, the main issue was that I was hitting on the darn thing like I was taking my last breath and probably sucking it all through!!! Yesterday, I made a point to take nice, long, easy hits on it, and not a problem! Did you know that you can depress the button with the thingie in your mouth and, as the atomizer vaprozes the juice, it kind of fills into your mouth all by itself?

If you did, don't tell me! :on2long:

Anyway, since then, everything is groovy. Except I forgot to charge mine so now I'm sitting here waiting. Good thing I know how to drip, right?