A Question About 18650 3.7V

I have been noticing that my battery after like 5hr of vaping is weaker then when I first put it in. Is this normal for the battery to get weaker the more I vape with a 18650 3000mAh 3.7v battery? I know the more you use a battery the less power it has, but is that true with this one ? I taught this battery has a regulator where it tries to stay consistent. And with a 3000mAh I would at least get to 8hr before it drops in power.

Good question and I hope someone comes along soon to answer. MiaFrank or WillBlack are really into power/battery and all the mumbojumbo. They even have graphs that show how the batteries drop... and you're right, if I remember right, 5 hrs shouldn't be that noticable of a drop off. My SB doesn't drop off that much that soon, but it does drop a little bit.

A freshly charged battery will be 4.2 volts. As you use it, the voltage will drop down to 2.2 volts (or whatever that cut-off point if for the protection circuit). There are some graphs around here somewhere showing the drop-off of batteries. What you're experiencing is normal, but I would think you'd get more than 8 hours from a 3000 mah battery.

A LR atty or carto will draw it down faster than a standard resistance.An old atty or carto that has crud built up on the element requires you to hold the button down longer running them down quicker.Also some batteries just go bad sooner than others,not very good QC on those I am afraid.

Edited by mcquinn

I use an 18650 with my BSB all the time and I sure don't notice a drop that soon. But then again, I'm so happy with the battery life that maybe I haven't paid close enough attention. I know I only charge the battery every other day.

The Tenergy LifePo4 CR123 batteries really do last longer as far as

the amount of charging cycles. These are a slightly different chemistry versus regular crc123 lithiums.

The Tenergy Lifeor4s use Lithium Iron Phosphate and you will get more charges out of them.

I'm waiting for 18650s that use the "Lithium Iron Phosphate" chemistry.

As far as the post regarding the 18650 dropping after 5 or more hours, that is about normal if you are hitting your PV hard / frequently.

I notice that with the 18650 that the fresh battery feel stays with me longer due to the fact that these batteries form factors and output to weight ratio is the best available. If I turbo vape my PV while using a LR 510 atty I will get about 6 hours of solid consistent performance.

It won't really drastically sag until about 15 plus hours of usage. I know that its getting to be time to charge it. I've had new 18650's last as long as 20 hours without a noticeable difference is performance except when they are almost dead.

Your old tired atty has an affect on your performance versus battery life. Keep your atty clean and it seems to help.

My cr123a say on them do not recharge. There are cr123a batteries out there that are chargable right ?

yes, they are rcr123's.....I only know that because I was looking up stuff because the wetbox Jolly is making me will run on two rcr123 batteries, so I was researching stuff.