Best Atty For A 6 Volt Device?

DougMichael

Hello everyone,

I currently use a Silver Bullet mod at 3.7 volts, but I am thinking about the Prodigy 6 volt mod. Can anyone recommend atomizers that work well at 6 volts? I go through 510 atomizers like crazy, and I do keep them moist and cool. I direct drip and even at 3.7 volts I get maybe a week out of them. It's still way cheaper than Newports though. I don't know if I should use low resistance, 510 or what. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Doug M

You can use your Silver Bullet at 6 volts. Just get some RCR123A's 3V and you'll be good to go at 6V. If you are blowing attys on a weekly basis at 3.7 then something isnt right. They should last you much longer. I used 3 ohm attys at 6 volts and had good success.

The Silver Bullet is really good at 6V. I don't use mine at that voltage very much, but I like it. You burn through more juice at 6V and I hear the attys don't last as long at 6V either. You can use LR attys at 3.7V, but not at 6V. The regular attys are what you would use at 6.

I used the regular Joye 510 2.2ohm atty at 6V on my BSB, but I was blowing though attys at least every two weeks. After going to vari-volt and dropping down to 5V I'm attys are lasting 4-6 weeks or more. I had tried several different attys at 6V, but always came back to the Joye 510. Even the higher ohm attys didn't last any longer, and didn't hit nearly as good.

Thanks for the replies!

I ordered some rcr123a's, a few Joye low resistance 510's for 3.7 volt vaping, and some Joye high resistance 510's for the 6 volt endeavor. I think I may have been going through attys because I was using the Yeti 510's that altsmoke sells, instead of the Joye. I'm hoping that the Joye is a better quality atomizer. Also, as per a video tip I found here, I removed the wick from an old atty and it seems to have rejuvenated it a bit. Thanks again, and I'll let you know how the 6 volt vaping works out with the SB. Thanks again!

Doug M.

While your on an atty spending spree you should pick up a couple lr cisco 306's and 510's. The lr cisco 306 is a beast and has better performance than anything I have tried at any voltage. My cisco 510s are in the mail so I can't really comment on those yet.

You may be like me and prefer 3.7v after you try these.

• 2 weeks later...

I just tried my first 6 volt vape on my Omega and it is awesome. I like the 3.7 volts with LR attys, but there is a noticeable difference at 6 volts. I know that Altsmoke is against stacking batteries but if I am using rcr 123a, protected batteries, is there any danger to vaping at 6 volts? Im using High resistance attys with the rcr 123's and it's amazing. Has anyone heard of any explosions, injuries etc. that it would be good to know about? I appreciate all of the help I've gotten here and I look forward to any responses.

Doug...

the simple stacking of batteries is no more dangerious than using a single battery

those that tell you that you can find wearing tin foil hats.

BUT i will give them this.

if a lithium battery is over or under charged/depleted the battery can vent.

the fact that you have two batteries gives +1 to the % of venting.

protected batteries are the only thing you should use.

most people will say that lipo or high drain are safer. well their isn't any safety when you over deplete those as they dont come with protection.

it's safer chemistry but you can still cause a fire with them and they can still vent.

protected can have a faulty chip keeping it from over/under dis/charging.

the % of you being injured is low enough to set it in the back of your mind; provided you take measures to ensure your own safety.

3.0v keep with 3.0v chargers

3.7v keep with 3.7v chargers

when charging is done remove batteries

if you dont use protected batteries MONITOR THEM CONSTANTLY for voltage levels

take care of all your products and devices.

Agree with the above posts.

I would swap out batteries when you notice a drop in performance, don't wait for the battery to stop kicking out power. Basically I would use protected batteries and treat them like they are not protected lol.

Don't rely on the battery to keep you safe.

Glad your liking 6v btw

If you check the volts of stacked cells when you pull them, the lead cell usually has a lower voltage. It tends to work a little harder. Alternating positions of your pair will help to 'age' the cells at the same rate.

I would also suggest giving just pulled/used cells a short rest before charging. This will give them (and the voltage) a chance to stabilize first.