• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 Lily

Lily

Mega Poster

• VIP Member
  • 345 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 05:51 PM

Hi, I'm wondering if anyone else has an issue with vaping from the soft tip on a cartomizer. I've been removing the soft tip and adding an empty flat top cartridge on my 510. It looks better to me, more finished. It makes it longer, more penstyle. Do most of you who use cartomizers just vape with the cartomizer as it is? Even though I don't believe in stupid questions, I hope this isn't one. Thanks for the feedback. I'm curious.

#2 benjamin1990

benjamin1990

Mega Poster

• VIP Member
  • 441 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 05:58 PM

i love cartomizers that all i ever use. i use the soft tip and just do it as one whole piece just like it comes. thats on reason i like cartomizers is because they are alot smaller than a atty and a cart. it makes everything look nicer and fit better. and i just love cartomizers. i dont hardly EVER use attys anymore i just use them to test out flavors.

#3 Christopher

Christopher

The Godfather

• Vapor Talk Founder
  • 9,529 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 08:02 PM

Never had an issue with the soft top myself but I think I'm going to give your idea a try just for kicks. Normally I don't change anything when I'm using a cartomizer. :)

#4 JRVapes

JRVapes

VT Member

• VT Member
  • 75 posts
  • Interests:E cigs, Motorcycles, Music, AKTI,

Posted 07 August 2010 - 10:40 PM

I use a delrin drip tip on the cartomizer, no burning of the lips as I only vape HV.

#5 Brian

Brian

The Veteran Vaper

• e Cig Supplier
  • 5,283 posts
  • Interests:Fishing, computers, family

Posted 08 August 2010 - 01:47 AM

I use a drip tip on my cartos... keeps me from getting juiced and, as JRVapes said, keeps me from burning my lips since I only vape at 5-6V.

#6 benjamin1990

benjamin1990

Mega Poster

• VIP Member
  • 441 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 02:22 AM

i vape at 5 volts with cartomizers all the time. but i wrap mine in electrical tape and it keeps the heat down on your lips and puts a nice rubbery finish to it to thats nice on your lips and you can get almost any color you want to. that just what i do. lol

#7 DAYVAPE

DAYVAPE

VT TROLL !

• VIP Member
  • 2,400 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 04:02 AM

Various drip tips on my cartos. Not a fan of hot lips either!!

#8 FTJoe

FTJoe

Vapor Talk Veteran

• VIP Member
  • 2,228 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 04:50 AM

Trying to get the wife to do cartos, wide mouth drip tips al lthe way. Makes it easy to keep it topped off as well. I always drip some in the next day as I hear nothing is worse than a carto going dry.

#9 benjamin1990

benjamin1990

Mega Poster

• VIP Member
  • 441 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 04:51 AM

i hate when my cartomizers go dry! it is a horrible taste! lol

#10 mcquinn

mcquinn

Vapor Talk God Poster

• VIP Member
  • 3,458 posts
  • Interests:HVAC/R tech.,guitar,music in general,

Posted 08 August 2010 - 05:38 AM

I use DSE 901 cart tips with mine,I found if you cut some off the end they fit nicer.It is way easier to pop off the tip than to try and dig out the rubber plug.The DSE carto's with the brass threads have a second peice of rubber in them,I guess its a baffle to help keep liquid from your mouth .I dig those out and dizcard them as well.I just like the thin whistle tip on the 901 carts.