I want to try dripping with a 510 atomizer. Where do I start?

I have read quite a few tutorials, watched a few videos and I am still confused about what I need.

I plan on using an itaste VV and my eGo batteries for this. From what I have read I need a few things but I don’t want to buy anything that is unnecessary, but I don’t want to leave anything out.

First:

I know I need an atomizer as such as the “Standard Joye 510 Replacement Atomizer” suggested in another post.https://www.vaportalkstore.com/...510-atomizer-lr.htm

Next:

A Drip Shield. I read in another post that an eGo style was the best for eGo batteries (go figure...lol). Like this one: http://www.empiremods.com/.../emegodrip.htm

I also need a drip tip. I don’t have a preference on them. I have a couple that I use on my Protanks. Will these work or should I get something different?

Another point of confusion is the need for a sealed 510/510 adapter to keep juice off of my battery. Is this needed with the drip shield? I really hate when a flooded tank drips juice on my battery.

If I have missed anything or you have any suggestions please let me know.

All you really need is the 510 atomizer and a cartridge ,they usually come with one that doesn't have the stuffing. If you cartridge has the stuffing remove it and if you have a blank you are ready to drip three or four drops on the mesh inside the atomizer and put the empty cartridge on and vape away. The drip tip simply has a large passageway allowing you to drip on the mesh without removing as you would have to do with the cartridge. The drip shield is for folks who tend to drip too much liquid in and commences running out the air hole. It also serves the function of consuming more of your monies. With that device you could drip with an Ego atomizer and cartridge /drip tip.

The drip tips you already have will work nicely with the atomizer. In my opinion and experience, if you're going to direct drip, a drip shield is essential and necessary to keep things neat. No matter how little you drip, there's always going to be a little juice that comes out of the bottom air holes in the connection part of the atomizer.

Some people swear by using an adapter to keep the battery connection clean. When I've used them, because they're sealed so they don't leak, the air flow is impeded so I don't use them anymore. Whenever I change batteries to a fresh one I always use a tissue to clean the post. That's all I've ever needed to do and have never had any problems with the juice "leaking into the battery." About 90% of the time I'm direct dripping and never had this problem. My batteries typically last well over a year with constant, steady use.

All I have is tanks at this current time. I've decided to hold off on mechanical mods and coil building for a while until I have more experience and money. I am really excited to try direct dripping because of what I have heard about flavor production. I am just starting to get my taste back and want to experience different flavors.

I am a little messy with a tank, I can only imagine dripping. I am not afraid of a little liquid on my battery, I just didn't want it to cause a problem.

Thanks for all the help!

When I first started direct dripping I went waaaay overboard on over dripping so the drip shield was a Godsend to me. Even now, after dripping for nearly two years and know just how much liquid to add, the drip shield makes it so very convenient with no mess. That's just my preference anyway. :)