• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 danpio1217

danpio1217

Mega Poster

• VT Member
  • 406 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 02:30 PM

So i'm having some problems with my ego-c attomizers. I only have 2 atty base/cones but i have 3 different flavors of juice.

I started vaping the first 2, then I swapped out an atty head for a few days to vape the 3rd flavor, but when i put the original back in, it's not working at all. I can't hear the atty firing when i click the battery button.

I pulled out an new atty and all was well but when i swapped it out again for the other previously used atty, that one wasn't working either. Do they just need cleaned? Do these atty's stop working if you stop using them for a day or two? Any additional info on these attys is much appreciated! Thanks in advance!

#2 Mike

Mike

I don't make the rules I only say what's on my mind

• VIP Member
  • 1,183 posts
  • Interests:family, friends, music, motorbikes, deep space

Posted 22 April 2012 - 02:47 PM

That shouldn't be a problem. When you put in a new atty or an old one just make sure there isn't any juice all over all the parts. Wipe everything clean and put it together and there is no reason why it shouldn't work. Even if it is wet or dirty it still should work but it's good practice to do that. If it doesn't work take it apart and do it again. It might not be sitting right in the base or something, other than that I'm stumped.

BTW You can change flavors on the same atty if they are not drastically different or extremely strong. Those attys go from flavor to flavor quite well. I will pop the tank cart of and tailpipe a couple of toots to vape off much of the old flavor and then put a tank of a different flavor in and the new flavor will take in a few more toots.

#3 Mike

Mike

• VIP Member
  • 1,183 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 02:54 PM

I now can remember times when an old wet atty wouldn't fire right away and I held the button in for 3 seconds and listened. Nothing. Pressed it again for 3 seconds and listened, nothing. Pressed it again and listened, Snap, Crackle, Pop, It worked fine after that.

#4 danpio1217

danpio1217

Mega Poster

• VT Member
  • 406 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 03:40 PM

Cool, thanks Mike. I tried cleaning everything off w/ a paper towel and i'm still getting the same problem so i guess i'll try running everything under hot water and let it dry overnight. Luckily i still have 1 working atty w/ my fav. juice.

I'm starting to think the problem might be with the atty base and not the atty head itself b/c i tried a brand new atty head and got the same result.

Looking at the atty base, there doesn't seem like there's much that could possibly go wrong.. it's pretty plain & simple. Anyone have any suggestions with regard to the atty base?

#5 sasetrase

sasetrase

Super Poster

• VT Member
  • 207 posts
  • Interests:Self Improvement, Dubstep, PUA, Education, Firearms

Posted 22 April 2012 - 09:43 PM

It is as straight forward as you think it is. With Joyetech manufactured Ego-C parts I have never had a problem. With other manufacturers I have had some issue with things fitting perfectly, one of my MFS ego-c atty bases didn't make the ego battery connection very well. I ended up just returning that one and the supplier replaced it, now it works.

Sometimes when the atty is very wet it won't sizzle right away. Sometimes they atty coil snapped and it's done. Sometimes it isn't seated quite right. Sometimes the battery is shot.

I always do a cleaning quickly and try it again before I toss it, but the attys are fairly cheap so I can't cry, and they produce some of the best vapor out there IMO.

#6 Mike

Mike

• VIP Member
  • 1,183 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 03:21 AM

I think they are among the best vapor and flavor producers too. I've been using them more often than the clearomisers I have. That is why I'm bumbed about loosing a complete eGo C the other day at work. I think I dropped it outside at my boss' house. I haven't lost hope on it, I'll continue to look for it and hopefully it shows up.

#7 danpio1217

danpio1217

Mega Poster

• VT Member
  • 406 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 06:05 AM

I tried 4 different attomizers, one of which was right outta the packaging and none worked, I'm gonna give them all a thorough cleaning along with the cone and see if that does the trick, otherwise i guess i'll have to pick up a few extra attomizer bodies.

What do you guys use for the delivery method w/ these? I like the attomizer but the tanks mute so much flavor. I've just been direct dripping but I feel like i've been adding too many drops too often cuz i get juice coming out of the bottom of the atty so often. Hopefully i didn't do any damage to it if thats why it's not working now.

#8 Viper Ron

Viper Ron

eGo maniac & Megaholic

• VIP Member
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Music, Games and Website Building.

Posted 23 April 2012 - 06:23 AM

Check the battery connection for juice and try to clean it as good as you can.

#9 Mike

Mike

• VIP Member
  • 1,183 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 07:52 AM

I tried 4 different attomizers, one of which was right outta the packaging and none worked, I'm gonna give them all a thorough cleaning along with the cone and see if that does the trick, otherwise i guess i'll have to pick up a few extra attomizer bodies.

What do you guys use for the delivery method w/ these? I like the attomizer but the tanks mute so much flavor. I've just been direct dripping but I feel like i've been adding too many drops too often cuz i get juice coming out of the bottom of the atty so often. Hopefully i didn't do any damage to it if thats why it's not working now.

When you direct drip what kind of atty do you use? I have a drip tip for ego c and can just put that in place of the tank-cart but I haven't used it in a while because I usually use a lr306 for dripping but this comes in handy for c attys that don't wick well or ones that are de-wicked and setup for dripping. I can get a lot of extra life out of an atty doing this and an old atty cleans up nice and is very usable for a long time. I also like Vision clearomisers but a eGo C setup(or a Volt e-cig) is my first choice when dripping is inconvenient. I seem to get better vapor and flavor from eGo C but so many others swear by Vision clearos. C attys with a tank and Vision clearomisers are the next best thing to dripping IMO but there are new things coming out all the time and I haven't tried everything either. My brother made a homemade atty that stays submerged in eliquid that has potential and there are other delivery methods that might prove to be great.

#10 danpio1217

danpio1217

Mega Poster

• VT Member
  • 406 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 10:57 AM

When I drip i use the ego-c atty w/ a drip tip in place of the tank. 3 drops gets me about 3 or 4 long drags, but after that I get a burnt taste, so i add 1 more drop. This seems to flood the atty and i get juice out the battery/atty connection :( Do i need to just space my drags out more or does it sound like i'm doing something wrong?

I have a vision clearomizer, a smoke tek dual coil tank, and some Boge cartos on the way just to try 'em out. Hoping to find some more consistent delivery methods

Personally i'm not liking the ego-c tanks at all, the flavor & TH are just too weak in comparison to dripping. LOVE the ego batteries tho so at least thats 1 component for sure down. My 1000mah passthrough has been lasting me 24+ hours under pretty heavy use.