Difference In Ego Batteries?

Hey folks,

I'm a happy vaper for going on 5 months now, and one of my spare eGo batteries finally went out on me. I've been looking around for a replacement, and I want to get a passthrough I believe. Thing is, I found a 1000mah passthrough, but it's an eGo-T... What's the difference between a plain ol' eGo battery, and an eGo-T battery? I'm not really interested in trying the tank system at the time, can I use my 510 LR cartomizers on the eGo-T battery?

I'm just not sure about the compatibility issues, and I don't want to spend the money on a battery and realize after I get it that won't work for my setup because I don't have any tank accessories.

Thanks in advance!

Edited by pipedreamer79

I believe the only difference is that the eGo-T has a safety off function. You can push the button so many time and it turns the battery off so that it can't miss-fire (like while in your pocket). You have to push the button a certain number of times to re-activate it.

Push the button 5 times and it will lock. It's also meant to be used with both regular atomizers and the tank. According to the factory Tank atomizer cannot be used on the regular eGo batery. With that said, everyone who has tried to use a tank atomizer on the regular ego battery hasn't had a problem. :)

I agree with them both. I've used a tank atty and tanks on a regular 650mah ego battery with no problem except that I didn't like the taste. I would add though that if you get a passthrough ego battery that you make sure it comes with the removable end cap. Some of them out there come without one and you run into the problem of getting dirt or water in the usb port. But as far as the usb, they work great!!! and you can vape and charge at the same time so you almost always have a full charge.

Edited by snubber

Ego-T has 5-click protection. You want 5-click protection. Click the button 5 times within 2 seconds and the battery is de-activated. Click it 5 times again within 2 seconds to re-activate it. Good for carrying in the pocket, no more need for the Ego Button Protector thingies that snap on and off.

I haven't noticed any difference in taste or performance between an Ego-T and Ego battery but snubber makes an interesting point. There may be some minor change in the threading/connection of the Ego-T battery that optimizes the drag when connected to an Ego-T Tank Atomizer.

to answer your question, yes, all your 510 stuff, and ego stuff will work with an eGo-T battery, the only 2 differences are the click protection (which is awesome), and it has eGo-T written on it. i have 2 regular eGo batteries that came with my kit, and 2 1000mah eGo-T mega batteries, they all do the same thing, and work with the same stuff, the mega's just last longer.

Jon