First Negative About Vaping

Okay the first thing I found that concerns me with my e cig. Okay like I said a ton of times I love vaping and it saved my life. My kids are so proud of their dad because I stooped analogs. My kids couldn't stand the smell but the other day I was vamping watermelon juice. My kids looked at me and said dad that smells realy good, does it taste like that too. I told them girls this is not something I want you to touch because it's dangerous to kids. It has something called nicotine in it.I changed the subject real quick. Now my concern is that to them it smelled realy good what would make them not pick one up and try to taste it. At least with analogs they smelled bad and my kids never found anything good about them. So if any one out there ran into something similar to this give me some advice on how I can explain to my kids that this is something I don't want them to do. But it's okay for daddy to do.

Although I do not have kids, I have pets and have to be concerned about my fuzzy "kids" getting at vaping stuff as well. I invested in an inexpensive and sealable shoebox sized container when I started and made sure all my vaping gear was sealed away and out of reach to all those littler than us :)

Having a talk to your little ones was definitely needed (big thumbs up to that :thumbsup: )and they should be protected from e-liquid just as we protect them from any other harmful chemical they do not understand as dangerous!! I know others who use "Mr. Ick" and "Poison" stickers on their vape boxes to deter kids as well!!

Good Luck!!

I think that you should have not gotten off the subject so quickly. You need to make sure that they understand that while yes it smells good, it is for adults only because of a chemical it contains. Tell them if they would try it they would become sick, etc.

I do not have children but it seems that if you try to make things a mystery, it will make them want to try it all the more. Be open about it, explain, answer questions. You can't just tell them not to do it because that will probably want them to do it all the more. When I was a kid, if my parents told me not to do something without a good explanation, I would want to do it all the more.

Simply explain it the way you would alcohol. That is is an adult ONLY thing and that even tho it looks, smells and tastes good that it does not mean that it is good for them.

Depending on their ages I would also explain that it is better than smoking but that it is still addictive and its never a good thing to be addicted to anything.

I don't have children so I won't be much help. I do suggest, like the others, that you do expand your conversation a bit more with your children. I also really like the suggestion Ofortuna had about the stickers. Really a good idea to drive home the caution factor.

My wife and I have our 8 year grand daughter living with us. Her mom smoked as well and when she came to stay with us and I was still smoking (outside) and came in would comment on how nasty I smelled and how bad cigarette smoke smelled. When I first got my Ecig she was pretty intrigued with the light at the end and couldn't figure out how it could produce what looked like smoke but smelled good. Like you I explained that they were for adults only and I was using in place of cigarettes to help kick the habit. She showed interest the couple of days and after that has shown no interest at all in me vaping, other than the other day when she came around while I was vaping a new fruity flavor. Our other 8 grand kids have been over and seen me vape and have shown no interest at all other than ask what I was doing and expressed same interest as our grand daughter. When I explained, their reaction was almost identical to our grand daughter. None have ever asked to try it, picked one up or asked any further questions.

I think with most kids if you are open about what the Ecig is, why you are vaping, and explain why they shouldn't touch, they will be interested for a little while but will soon put it out of their minds. I agree that the liquids should be kept up and away for safety.

I was leary around the kids at first... they were quite exhuberant about the roasted marshmellow smell (RY4 + Marshmellow) and other flavors. The youngest has been so supportive of my switching to vaping from fibers that I overheard him telling not only the Soccer team but the Basketball team too: "Don't be interested in trying those eCigs or the Goverment will take them away from the adults and then they'll be forced to going back to those stinky real cigarettes. Besides, I hear they taste like old chewing gum anyway" He has my best interest at heart... and now the whole team does too just so they can enjoy a whiff and play "name that flavor".