How Do You Clean Atomizer?

AR7K

Hello.

I've got the Joye eGo a few weeks ago and I'm loving it. However, recently, I started getting burnt taste from it and not as much vapor as when I first got it, so I figured that I should clean the atomizer. I tried blowing the atomizer from the battery thread side and I saw so much liquid coming out! Pretty disgusting. Right now, I just put the atomizer on top of a napkin with the battery thread facing up so that all the excess liquid might drop.

I just wanted to ask, is this the proper method to clean it? I want to know if there's a better way to clean atomizers.

P.S. What e-juice flavor do you recommend? I only tried the macchiatto and to be honest, it kinda sucks and I prefer the Marlboro cartridges that came with it instead.

Friendly answers would be appreciated. Thank you and have a good day.

Thats good for starters,if that doesn't help I use denture cleaner tabs and rinse well with hot water from my coffee maker and blow it out and let dry overnight.Somtimes though they just are gunked up beyond salvage and its time for a new one.Some people soak them in Everclear or Vodka,I wouldn't recomend rubbing alcohol as it might contaminate it.Try VT Exotic Tobaco or a Camel or Marlboro flavor from other vendors.I prefer Dekang Camel and USA mix .

Edited by mcquinn

That's the only way I clean my atomizers. If that doesn't work, I throw them out and get a new one. Sorry, I can't recommend any flavors, but good luck finding ones you like. It may take some time, but I'm sure you'll find some.

There are a lot of opinions out there about cleaning or not cleaning the atty. Do what works for you. I personally don't "clean" them. I blow them out making sure I blow out the vent holes on the side of the atty.

I have not been disappointed with any of the juice that I have gotten from Backwoods Brews

About every other day or so I take a tissue, napkin, or paper towel and twist it into a small point. Then I gently put it down into the atty and twist it so that the paper product of choice (or PPOC, just made that up now)fills up the inside of the atty. Then I just leave it sit that way for about 15 minutes and when I pull the PPOC out, I am amazed at how much juice comes out. What I also learned today is that a fellow vaper friend of mine also will press the button without vaping just a few times for a few seconds to burn the excess liquid out of the bottom, on top of the PPOC method. You just have to be careful not to blow the atty out if you overheat it. And just to be clear, I read the tissue twist method here from someone else, I just don't remember who so I can't give the appropriate credit. I've never had any luck using vodka or any other method that soaks the atty, it never works again for me after that, so I don't bother. My current atty has been fine for at least a month, maybe longer.

Hello.

I've got the Joye eGo a few weeks ago and I'm loving it. However, recently, I started getting burnt taste from it and not as much vapor as when I first got it, so I figured that I should clean the atomizer. I tried blowing the atomizer from the battery thread side and I saw so much liquid coming out! Pretty disgusting. Right now, I just put the atomizer on top of a napkin with the battery thread facing up so that all the excess liquid might drop.

That is how I have cleaned my attys for the last 1 1/2 years. works well. occasionally I will use compressed air to blow out the atty. When I use compressed air, I combine it with the method below. atty's for me last a month or so.

About every other day or so I take a tissue, napkin, or paper towel and twist it into a small point. Then I gently put it down into the atty and twist it so that the paper product of choice (or PPOC, just made that up now)fills up the inside of the atty. Then I just leave it sit that way for about 15 minutes and when I pull the PPOC out, I am amazed at how much juice comes out.

I've tried the boiling and several other methods and none of them worked for me. Too much work and not enough success, so I don't do it any more. Just blowing them out as I said before is what works best for me. I do - however - use the "PPOC" method now and then. :)

I honestly don't think that there is a single atty cleaning method out there that I haven't tried at least a half dozen times or more.

Soaking in PGA, CPH, denture tabs, coffee pot cleaner, ultrasonic cleaners, dry burning, you name it, I've tried it, with varying degrees of success.

Nowadays I pretty much stick to one simple method:

1)Take a coffee cup, fill with distilled water, put in microwave, push button for hot water (1min 30sec)

2)Dump soiled atties into the hot water, let sit until water cools (about 30mins). Agitate occasionally (If I remember to do so)

3)Remove atties, and if water is more than lightly discolored, repeat the entire process again.

4)Using the still slightly warm water, power flush the atomizers using a Turkey Baster with either a pencil grip or cut off carto condom. I usually put this over the cart end, and draw an entire baster full up through the threaded end.Then pulse the water back out the threads. At this point I want to see three even streams of water, one down below and one out either side of my 510 atties. If I'm not getting good flow from the side vents, I block the bottom hole and force more water through the vents to help clean/clear them.

5)Once the water has been expelled, I dry pump the baster about 6 times, to help force any remaining water out of the atty, which makes it easier to complete the final step.

6)If I am not going to use them right away, I turn them thread side down on an absorbent towel, and let them dry. For a while, for a half day, overnight, depending upon how soon I need them.

7) All atties get flood primed before they are used. I drop about 10 drops of plain PG down onto the bridge, let them sit for a few mins, and then blow through the cart end, forcing the PG and any residual water out through the threaded end.

8) Wipe them off, and vape them, or bag them up for later use!

This has been my main routine for the past six months, and unless an atty has some serious problems, this tends to handle 95% of my requirements.

What seems to work for me is to blow it out with my compressor (I know not everyone has a compressor, but if you do!) then I pour a little bit of vodka on it with some straight PG heat it up with the battery, blow it out again then booyah! If this does'nt work its usually a bad atty and I will give it to a friend with apparently no taste buds. :spell:

Another option: soak it in Crest ProHealth mouthwash. Do that for about 15 mins to 1/2 hr, agitating it as you remember. This will actually break carbon deposits off the coil in my experience.

That and mastering the dry-burn, and you'll get 4 to 8 weeks out of an atty (assuming its been dewicked).

Mr. Jaaxx had his last atty quit on him last night. So he got an old one that wasn't working, cleaned it, and it's puffing away now.

He heated some Golden Grain (Everclear is another brand, 190 proof alcohol) for 20 seconds in the microwave till bubbling,then poured it over the atomizer, which was in a small glass container. He actually was doing several at a time, so he poured off the "dirty" alcohol and repeated the process a few times. He says he wouldn't have done that if he was just doing one, but with several, the alcohol was pretty funky.

I don't think there is one right way, as many methods seem to work, but this is what works for us.