Just Thinking

Prouddad

I was siting down yesterday thinking about the expenses I am spending now. When I smoked ANLG I smoked 2 1/2pks a day at $8, now I am VP and I go threw 10ml a day at about $8. So for me I'm saving half of what I spent, but how about the people that smoked 1pk a day. Are they saving money ? I know where saving our lives. Also the sweet juice that we VP, does anyone know if it has sugar in it ? Just wondering. Thanks

I smoked 1 1/2 packs a day at $4.50 per pack, so $47.25 per week. I vape between 15-20ml per week, so about $16 tops. Really depends on how much you vape. If a light smoker begins to vape heavily, they're probably break even or spend a little more.

Having said that, I have not saved anything since I started vaping because I'm always buying something. :wallbash:

Edited by Brian

Once you recover from the initial purchase & learn the ropes of DIY-eLiquids, you'll start saving big time.

Once you recover from the initial purchase of your eCig kit and extra attys/cartos, you'll start saving big time.

Once you discover the ever evolving world of new and improved Mods, Cartos, and Flavors... you'll never recover. But it's so fun!!! And, it's not going up in smoke. If you decide to quit vaping, you can donate your supplies to the next person to help them get started on the amazing journey of life. (and be tobacco free to boot!)

With that said, hubby budgeted me 20 bucks less per payday for eCig goodies than I spent on analogs. So, even with all the experimenting and drooling, we are saving 40 bucks a month. :) (until I can pry that too out of his clutches! Eclipse, Darwin, Provari, Ali'i, map tanks, ... oh my oh my)

Edited by Uma

I was siting down yesterday thinking about the expenses I am spending now. When I smoked ANLG I smoked 2 1/2pks a day at $8, now I am VP and I go threw 10ml a day at about $8. So for me I'm saving half of what I spent, but how about the people that smoked 1pk a day. Are they saving money ? I know where saving our lives. Also the sweet juice that we VP, does anyone know if it has sugar in it ? Just wondering. Thanks

Wow! 10ml a day is a lot. I home office and vape pretty regular throughout the day and 30ml normally lasts me 10 days or so. I DD exclusively. Hopefully you are mixing your own to save some money.

I smoked 1 1/2 packs a day and they cost about $4 per pack. I bought a lot of different devices when I first started vaping, so I spent at least as much on vaping as I did on smoking. Sometimes more. I know that by the 6 month mark of being smoke free, that I broke even. BUT....I also had my favorite devices and knew I wouldn't be buying any more (except replacements when needed) and I had several months worth of liquid, too. Now I can go through a couple of months and not spend anything at all. Incredible!!!

A couple of months ago I did have to get the eGo PT, and a lanyard for the eGo, and an eGo case, and a couple of XL eGo batts and XL carts, but I still didn't spend as much as I would have in a month of smoking. And really, I needed some backup batteries anyway. Right?

Somehow - and I have no idea how this might have happened - this week I ended up with a receipt for the purchase of ProVape 1 in my inbox. :whistle: Oh well...I'll just have to keep it when it gets here I guess...I was getting low on backups anyway. After all, I haven't bought a new unit since I got my BSB last May. And thanks to the good people here who kept mentioning the Ali'i - until I had to go see what it was they were talking about - now I'll find myself in a scramble trying to get my hands on one of those. And one way or another, I WILL get my hands on one of those. :yes

What was it Uma said? You'll never recover? Yeah, that could be right. Just when you think you're doing so good, stuff starts appearing in shopping carts and those pesky "order" buttons get pushed, and all of sudden you have new stuff coming in the mail. Then - I would imagine - you get so excited about getting packages in the mail that you just have to order some more...is that how it works? :innocent:

Holy Crap. 10ML a day!?!?! You know you are supposed to breath in between vapes. Just kidding. If you want to cut down on the liquid try and increase the nicotine. Most juice makers don't charge any more for a higher NIC level. If the Throat Hit is too much on the higher NIC then increase the VG.

As far as I know there is no sugar in any of the juices that I have. It definitely does not taste sweet when it gets in your mouth.

Sometimes I think it would be helpful to be a Chemist and an Electrical Engineer. Or like just like tinkering with stuff.

10ml a day? whoa boy that some serious vaping. Most of my customers use 1-2 bottles a week at most. And no, Vapor Talk liquids do not contain sugar. :) The taste actually comes from the smell of the liquid. It's not flavored per say. The exception is DIY liquid. I believe some candy oils contain sugar.

I'll echo the holy crap! part of 10ml per day, and add my own holy crap for $8 for 10 ml. While $8 for 10ml isn't a bad price, I just checked and I'm surprised to see VT only sells 10ml bottles. Not to take anything away from VT, as I like the forums, I think with that much juice consumption you should be looking for a vendor that offers 50ml bottles with prices that will help you cut your juice cost in half.

Personally, I'm extremely happy with my $11 for 50ml Dekang juice.

If you're looking to try something different to help with costs, Tasty Vapor sells 30ml bottles for $15. If you order it in a stronger strength than what you use, you can buy their "doublers" which have no nic, in the same flavor you got in the nic and mix them together. The doublers are $15. for 120ml. So, if you vape 24, you can buy the nic liquid at 48 and mix it half and half with the doubler for a 24mg. bottle. You end up with 150 ml of liquid for $30. Not too bad.

That is a lot of e-juice per day!! I am a heavy vapor and I go through a 15 ml bottle in about 5 days or so. It only costs me 8 bucks though and I get a free sample with that from Awesome Vapor.

As others have said, initially it does cost a lot. But I have already saved money and I've been doing this almost 7 weeks now. I was spending around 400 bucks a month to smoke. Thats a big chunk of change which I found out recently with hr cuts at work, that I could not afford it anymore. So when I looked into vaping and got all the start up stuff (batteries, atomizers, cartos, carts, tons of e-juice) I ended up spending almost that much. But now, I am seriously only spending maybe 30-50 bucks a month. I kinda bought in bulk so I'm good now for quite some time. So that is saving me big time in the long run.

The best advantage is that I LOVE IT MORE THEN SMOKING! Also I feel better physically. So as others have said, try increasing your nicotine. What are you currently using? I use 18mg and it works great for me. I was a Marb Ultra light Menthol smoker..2 packs per day. The 18 I thought would be strong, but its exactly what I need to keep me off cigs. I did try a lesser amount and it wasn't doing it at all for me. I tried like 6mg or something like that because I figured as an ultra light cig smoker, thats all I would need. I was WRONG! As they say on those packs of cigs, Ultra light and Light don't mean anything. I was probably inhaling much more then that.

So try that and hopefully it will help you satisify your cravings and save you some money as well.