Janty Ego Charger Problem?

Im not exactly sure why the light is blinking on the charger. Mine stays a constant red until the batt is charged and then it turns green. The batts come about 80% charged in the box. I would start vaping on it and try the charger again later.

On my eGo charger, the red LED is on solid for a while then as it charges a little bit it quickly blinks red once in a while. After its fully charged the LED is solid green. I'd try to use the battery, as jeffb said. Maybe after first use it will fully charge. 3 hours sounds like a long time, even for a first charge. If that battery doesn't go to a green LED I'd say the battery is not taking a full charge. (defective battery) Do you have another eGo battery to charge? That way you can see if it charges correctly on that charger. Hope this helps! :)

I believe Mark said once that the flickering light is the charger checking the voltage of the battery. The charger checks the voltage so it knows when to stop charging. Mine does that also.

If it hasn't turned green, try cleaning the contacts on the battery and the charger. There have been a couple of reports that there is a very thing film over the connector (from the factory) that can prevent contact. Just use a q-tip to rub it a little and see if that helps.

On my eGo charger, the red LED is on solid for a while then as it charges a little bit it quickly blinks red once in a while. After its fully charged the LED is solid green. I'd try to use the battery, as jeffb said. Maybe after first use it will fully charge. 3 hours sounds like a long time, even for a first charge. If that battery doesn't go to a green LED I'd say the battery is not taking a full charge. (defective battery) Do you have another eGo battery to charge? That way you can see if it charges correctly on that charger. Hope this helps! :)

yeah i actually left something out with my post what i meant to say was it blinks green for a half a second then back to red it does that like every 4 or 5 seconds and i got 2 batterys with the kit and they were both stone cold dead out of the box so im not sure whats going on with them i charged the one for about 4 hours and i vaped it i would say 30 or 35 times over 2 hours went to bed and woke up vaped it about 4 times and then the light started blinking and just went dead... do the batterys still keep a charge if ur not using it??

im gonna try cleaning the contact points on the battery and charger if that dont work there going back...

yeah i actually left something out with my post what i meant to say was it blinks green for a half a second then back to red it does that like every 4 or 5 seconds and i got 2 batterys with the kit and they were both stone cold dead out of the box so im not sure whats going on with them i charged the one for about 4 hours and i vaped it i would say 30 or 35 times over 2 hours went to bed and woke up vaped it about 4 times and then the light started blinking and just went dead... do the batterys still keep a charge if ur not using it??

im gonna try cleaning the contact points on the battery and charger if that dont work there going back...

The batteries will hold a charge when not in use. I'd say that the charger is bad, if both batteries will not charge correctly. Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with these. Maybe they can send out a replacement charger. Or a completely new kit. Let us know what happened! :)