Build Your Own Atomizer

Jeffb

• 1 month later...

I got my Ato-Miser in earlier this week. While I am good at repairing computers, I'm really not electronically or mechanically inclined, as my plumbers and electrician bill will attest. After watching the video tutorials Drew has up I was able to make one in about 3 minutes, at a perfect 2.1 Ohms, using a 2.0 wire. No troubles with breaking wires at all. The wires I have are thicker at the ends for winding around the screw, with the resistance important part in the middle where you wind it around the wick.

The top is large enough to drip quite a bit through. The taste is off until you use it for a bit -- at low voltage especially. If you burn it in a bit at high, the taste goes away faster. Drew indicates this in the video, that the coil needs to get blackened. They do seem to work better with VV PVs, as the resistance you get when making one is variable, its easier to adjust the power going to them.

They are probably something I will add into my normal vaping rotation only infrequently. However, if the nasty bureaucrats try to take my vape away I am some common electrical wire away from not being dependent on atomizer suppliers. (Which is the one link we haven't been able to DIY easily before this.)

Like a good geek, I am ready to vape through the Zombie Apocalypse. :)

• 8 months later...

http://www.resistanc...e.php?page=home has a HUGE! variety of nichrome resistance wire or N6 resistance wire. I believe a typical 510 atty uses about a 26 gauge nichrome wire? not positive on that though. aeroconsystems.com/cart/products/Nichrome_C_Wire_30_foot_Spool-115-47.html also has nichrome c wire in smaller spools.

http://www.wickstore.com/Products/Unbraided-Round-Fiberglass-Yarn-18-10-Yards__UBG-250.aspx has rolls of 1/8" unbraided fiberglass yarn that would seem to be a good wicking material for an atomiser.

Edited by DannyBoyfromWashington