Ecig Documentary

Hey Guys,

So the most important thing about this site other than helping members is getting the word out about ecigs. I would like to create a documentary with video from current and new ecigs users. This isn't a new idea and was mentioned on ECF however nothing ever seemed to become of it. If you know how to use a digital video camera then we could really use your help!! This is open to everyone including suppliers. (your welcome to mention your store)

If you would like to create a video then please use the following guidelines...

Content

1. State your name and where you from (City and State or Ciry and Country)

2. How ecigs have helped you in your life, what it has done for you, what it has done for your family and anything else you feel you would like to share

Ideas...

What will you do if the ecigs are banned or made illigal?

How do you feel about the FDA ban on ecigs?

How long did you smoke?

Please keep it within 5 minutes if possible!

Format

1. Please make sure you use good lighting when recording

2. MPEG preferred. No HD please.

3. Please do not edit the video! Send the video raw. Even if you make a couple of mistakes.

4. Please do not use a web cam. We need good quality video.

5. Try to keep the size under 500MB. This should be easy if you keep the video around 5 minutes.

Specifications Preferred

H.264, MPEG-2 or MPEG-4 format

640x480 4:3 & 16:9 aspect ratios.

Frame rate should be the same as original video

Sampling rate: 44.1KHz for MP3/AAC audio

(This movie will most likely be hosted on Youtube)

Once you have the footage ready please send me PM and I'll give you details on how to upload to our server via FTP (Very easy to do) !!

You can also send me an email at: christopher@vaportalk.com

Let's get the idea cloud going, Comments and suggestions welcome below!!!

hi mate,

i fear you may be flogging a dead horse :(

there has been a few people trying to make an e-cig documentary and getting video from people is like getting blood from a stone. dusty (ratindahat) tried for months to get people to send in footage answering almost the exact same questions that you have asked for and in total i think he got 5 people to submit (i was one of them).

and he even had a sticky post on the ECF forum!

then when the ECA formed and they was trying to make people aware of the current US situation i offered to make a presentation video to help their plight. all i asked for was for people to send me a 10 second long clip answering one simple question........."how have electronic cigarettes impacted your life?".

10 seconds, one question, one answer...........thats all i asked for!

laceyunderall advertised it on her blog and plenty of US suppliers even sent the details out to all their customers via their mailing list. it was also advertised on the ECF forum too.

and guess how many guys sent me a vid...............one!

i wouldnt mind, but the problem with the FDA doesnt even affect me! lol

now im not saying that you will experience the same thing, but just be prepared to hit a brick wall.

if you do start getting a few guys submitting then let me know chaps and then i will happily do something for ya........my only problem would be that my current camera does not have a non HD setting. i can convert the HD footage in to any format you would like though :)

i genuinely hope you have a lot more success with this than what me and dusty did.

cheers,

scott

I think you might have to go out and do a lot of it yourself. You could also consider doing skype interviews and putting a picture of the person on while you play their voice - we did this with an excerpt of our interview with Dr Joel Nitzkin.

I'm travelling at the moment but I will happily do a couple of minutes of video when I get home in September.

hi mate,

i fear you may be flogging a dead horse :(

there has been a few people trying to make an e-cig documentary and getting video from people is like getting blood from a stone. dusty (ratindahat) tried for months to get people to send in footage answering almost the exact same questions that you have asked for and in total i think he got 5 people to submit (i was one of them).

and he even had a sticky post on the ECF forum!

then when the ECA formed and they was trying to make people aware of the current US situation i offered to make a presentation video to help their plight. all i asked for was for people to send me a 10 second long clip answering one simple question........."how have electronic cigarettes impacted your life?".

10 seconds, one question, one answer...........thats all i asked for!

laceyunderall advertised it on her blog and plenty of US suppliers even sent the details out to all their customers via their mailing list. it was also advertised on the ECF forum too.

and guess how many guys sent me a vid...............one!

i wouldnt mind, but the problem with the FDA doesnt even affect me! lol

now im not saying that you will experience the same thing, but just be prepared to hit a brick wall.

if you do start getting a few guys submitting then let me know chaps and then i will happily do something for ya........my only problem would be that my current camera does not have a non HD setting. i can convert the HD footage in to any format you would like though :)

i genuinely hope you have a lot more success with this than what me and dusty did.

cheers,

scott

I will reply.... I have worked 7 days a week.... 15 hours a day....for 2 months

Here is my website www.myecigdistributors.com

when you get there....please click on important information for smokers....right side....center...ther you will find my you tube video on how i feel about the electronic cigarette and...my 2 months work to Give "Current Smokers" all the my Learned research.

@igetcha I am indeed ready to hit a brick wall :) But it's still worth a shot. I actually saw about 8 uploads or so in Rat's server. I don't need a ton of video just a decent amount, I really don't want to make a full blown 2 hour "when the earth fails" type documentary.

Did you already give Ratinthehat some footage? If so I'll use the same stuff, no need to record.

@sheenashina1964 what link are you talking about?

@gtjecig Thanks bro I'll check it out. Do you have the raw version that you can FTP me? If not I'll strip it from Youtube.

also, feel free to use the current ECA video and there should be another one coming asap.

BigJimW at ECF may be interested in participating. He is the king of ecig video statements.

Also... you could broaden your tape time if you pull in some old "smoking" videos. I will look around and see what I can find. The ones I am particularly thinking of are those old "smoking are good for you" commercials.

Over the next week or two, you should be able to get some good stuff as the fall out begins to occur. ;)

Okay, so I lied... I was going to do it this weekend until I learned that we have a new video camera en route via UPS. It is supposed to arrive today, so THIS weekend I intend to get it done!

We got a super deal.. someone was selling it on Ebay, but they had it spelled all wrong so it wasn't showing up in people's searches. I think we were the only bidders, probably for that reason!