Carto Issues

Monday morning I recieved the pack of standard boge 510 carto's from the VT store, and on that same day I opened up to carto's and filled them with two separate juices. The carto with the Sweet Dawn ended up getting used more, and it died out today. Both of them are/were doing just great, didn't take that much time at all to break in, and they both produced great flavor and vapor. BUT... I opened up another one to fill up with sweet dawn, and for some reason I keep getting a weird burnt taste, and it will not hold liquid at all. I put about as much liquid as I did in the first two, yet it seems to clog it and I end up blowing it out anyhow, and either way it doesn't want to produce a lot of vapor. I figured that it was just one bad carto in the box... so I set that one aside and opened another.

Same thing happened. Now I'm left with 1 unopened carto left, the first one I used that's still going strong, and 2 seemingly messed up ones. Am I doing something wrong?? Or am I not giving these things enough time?

What do you mean it will not hold liquid at all? If it were me I would first take a paper clip straighten it out and push it all the threw from the threaded end through to the top part. I would then take that same paper clip and fluff up the filler around the coil CAREFULLY don't mess with the wire in there.

I would then try it again. If it did not work again I would take the paper clip again and turn the carto over to the threaded end up and turn the little screw thing that is inside there. Try to the right first and this should open it up a bit, if not enough do it again. If it seems to be getting tighter then turn the other way until it loosens up a bit.

You don't have to mess with them very often but sometimes these things will fix the issues. Keep us updated.

carto-fix

Edited by owutaqt

Yeah, they're working a bit better, but still not a whole lot. Kinda pissed off.

Also I have no idea of what you're talking about when you say spin the center, especially since the picture looks nothing like the threaded part of my carto.

Edited by Elementgreen

You don't have that center part where you can turn it? Its not exactly like the 510 but it gives you an idea of the middle part.

Let Chris know that you are having problems I am sure he will take care of you he always is good about that stuff!

Some of my boge carto's have been a pain to initially fill. When dripping on the filler the filler just doesn't want to soak it up. I drip a drop or two and poke around on the filler, which lets it absorb the juice. I do this until it's full (or overfull and I blow it out) then vape with it. Refills seem to go in nicely. It could just be the problem is the liquid is pooling on the filler and not soaking in, then running down the middle part and basically flooding the carto. If that is the case, poking around on it should help.

ok so I poke around with one of my carto's the now the vapor's flowing, except when I actually went to fill the thing it started tasting like burnt crap...

I really hope I can finally find something pleasing in vaping >.>

Sorry you're having problems with the cartos. I would fill out a support ticket HERE and let Chris know about the problems you've had.

I don't use cartos on a regular basis, but I have had some that just don't work well. Same with attomizers. Sometimes you just get a dud. The problem with cartos is that once you get the burning fiber taste, there's no going back (in my experience). There's a protective wrapping around the coil that keeps the coil from burning the filler. If you burn through the wrapping, you'll start getting the burning fiber taste. You have to keep them pretty moist.

Also, please keep in mind that if you are using VG based liquids, you are more prone to all of the issues that you are having. I use 100% PG with no problems at all... and some say that they can get away with a blend of VG/PG with some success. Just keep the VG on the lower side. Hope you get it worked out. :thumbsup:

Keeping them wet is the main thing. The more VG you use the longer in between tokes I wait. I DIY and mix mine with about a 70/30 PG/VG blend and my 510 Boges last about a solid week before I get that :X taste,

That might have been my issue, but then again both cardo's will filled completely and started messing up. One of them was starting to work, then all od the sudden, after filling it up, it started tasting HORRIBLE. I looked into the filling and it was a nasty brown... and mind you I had been trying to get it to work only a day after I opened it. I ended up throwing those two away, I'm REALLY hoping I can get the last one to work.