Nci Seeking Part For E-Cig Trials

Krakkan

Nice find!!

So i dug a little deeper and found additional info on the "investigator" Thomas Eissenberg, Professor, Director of Clinical Behavioral Pharmacology Laboratory and I found this interesting that his most recent class he taught at VCU is Grant Writing, graduate level. Holy cow!! look at the money this guy gets and he teaches a class on how to get it!! Well he does seem to like the tobacco topic.

Recent grantsNCI (R01 CA120142), “Waterpipe tobacco smoke: Toxicant exposure and effects.” Start date: February, 2008. Duration: 5 years. Direct costs: $2,307,038. Principal Investigator. NIDA (R13 DA016409), “Society for Research on Nicotine and Tobacco Annual Meeting.” Start date: January, 2008. Duration: 5 years. Direct costs: $404,707. Principal Investigator.NIDA (R01 DA024876), “Responding to the changing tobacco epidemic in the Eastern Mediterranean Region.” Start date: July, 2008. Duration: 5 years. Direct costs: $1,575,950. Co-Investigator.NCI (R01 CA103827), “Clinical models for evaluating PREPs for tobacco users.” Start date: February, 2004. Duration: 5 years. Direct costs: $1,455,400. Principal Investigator.

Recent awardsJoseph Cochin Young Investigator Award, College on Problems of Drug Dependence, 2005VCU’s College of Humanities and Sciences Excellence in Scholarship Award, 2002

Sponsored student grantsNIDA, (F31 DA018447), “Does puff topography measurement alter smoking behavior?” (M. Blank, PI). Start date: September, 2004. Duration: 3 years.NIDA, (F31 DA017437), “Tobacco abstinence-induced cognitive decrements.” (B. A. Kleykamp, PI). Start date: September, 2003. Duration: 4 years.NIDA, (F31 DA015570), “Evaluating Risk Reduction Products for Smokers.” (A. Breland, PI). Start date: August, 2002. Duration: 3 years.NIDA, (F31 DA006052), “Gender and Nicotine Withdrawal – A Placebo Control Study.” (A.R. Buchhalter, PI). Start date: August, 2000. Duration: 2 years.

more info.

http://www.has.vcu.edu/psy/people/eissenberg.html

http://www.people.vcu.edu/~teissenb/Current.html

Nice find!!

So i dug a little deeper and found additional info on the "investigator" Thomas Eissenberg, Professor, Director of Clinical Behavioral Pharmacology Laboratory and I found this interesting that his most recent class he taught at VCU is Grant Writing, graduate level. Holy cow!! look at the money this guy gets and he teaches a class on how to get it!! Well he does seem to like the tobacco topic.

Recent grantsNCI (R01 CA120142), “Waterpipe tobacco smoke: Toxicant exposure and effects.” Start date: February, 2008. Duration: 5 years. Direct costs: $2,307,038. Principal Investigator. NIDA (R13 DA016409), “Society for Research on Nicotine and Tobacco Annual Meeting.” Start date: January, 2008. Duration: 5 years. Direct costs: $404,707. Principal Investigator.NIDA (R01 DA024876), “Responding to the changing tobacco epidemic in the Eastern Mediterranean Region.” Start date: July, 2008. Duration: 5 years. Direct costs: $1,575,950. Co-Investigator.NCI (R01 CA103827), “Clinical models for evaluating PREPs for tobacco users.” Start date: February, 2004. Duration: 5 years. Direct costs: $1,455,400. Principal Investigator.

Recent awardsJoseph Cochin Young Investigator Award, College on Problems of Drug Dependence, 2005VCU’s College of Humanities and Sciences Excellence in Scholarship Award, 2002

Sponsored student grantsNIDA, (F31 DA018447), “Does puff topography measurement alter smoking behavior?” (M. Blank, PI). Start date: September, 2004. Duration: 3 years.NIDA, (F31 DA017437), “Tobacco abstinence-induced cognitive decrements.” (B. A. Kleykamp, PI). Start date: September, 2003. Duration: 4 years.NIDA, (F31 DA015570), “Evaluating Risk Reduction Products for Smokers.” (A. Breland, PI). Start date: August, 2002. Duration: 3 years.NIDA, (F31 DA006052), “Gender and Nicotine Withdrawal – A Placebo Control Study.” (A.R. Buchhalter, PI). Start date: August, 2000. Duration: 2 years.

more info.

http://www.has.vcu.edu/psy/people/eissenberg.html

http://www.people.vcu.edu/~teissenb/Current.html

Yeah I think we may have stumbled across something huge -- the study is referencing tobacco companies making E-cigs / marketing them -- People feel PM may be behind this popping up all of a sudden

Wait so big tobacco is funding the study? That's huge, because although sort of hate them, they have the money and the know how to get these things passed by the FDA. The only thing I worry about is them kicking down the small end grass root suppliers. Which of couse would suck.

But either way it could be a positive thing for ecigs.

Yeah I think we may have stumbled across something huge -- the study is referencing tobacco companies making E-cigs / marketing them -- People feel PM may be behind this popping up all of a sudden

I certainly agree. Did you notice they are accepting only 32 participants.

I did a smoking cessation study at Stanford many years back and there were well over 500 participants as so many did drop out for a variety of reasons.

Me thinks this may NOT be good for ecigs, only time will tell.

• 2 months later...

Hey, I have always been curious, if your one of the guys who do constant videos, and reviews, do you get free cigs, and juice..exedra exedra..? Haha..cause most people Ive seen alot on you tube..have a **** load of vaping material..