I Have A Conundrum!

Alright. I have been using my A/V Joker exclusively for the last couple of months. I have only been direct dripping. A week and a half ago, I cleaned 3 of my 510 attys. I have been using a brand new one since. It is getting a little dirty, so I decided to use one of the one I cleaned. I put it on the Joker and hit the button waiting to hear the sizzle....nothing. I ended up trying all 3 of them and I got nothing. Brand new batteries in the Joker and the unit is working fine with the atty I have been using the last week and a half. I went and grabbed my Silver Bullet that I haven't used in quite a while. I transferred the batteries from the Joker to the Silver Bullet. All 3 of the attys that would not work with the Joker are working fine with the Silver Bullet. I forgot I had a pretty new atty already on the Silver Bullet when I went to grab it downstairs. It was working great. I put it on the Joker....and nothing again. The only one that will work on it is the one I have been using the last week and a half, but all 5 atty's work fine on the Silver Bullet. Anyone know what the heck is going on. I have not experienced this problem before. Thanks.

Does your Joker have a 510 connection, or are you using an adapter? If it's a 510, you may try lifting the center pin with a small screwdriver. I've done it a few times... take a little screw driver and gently pry the center pin on the Joker, working all the way around it. Be gentle, you should just see it move a little when you pry. That will lift the center pin. I've had several cartos that wouldn't work and this always fixed the problem.

Yeah. It is a straight 510 connection. I used the little screwdriver that I got from the voltage tester I got with the Joker. It is working. Although it was kind of cutting in and out. I have now done it 3 times and it seems to be working. Hopefully this doesn't have to be done this often. After you posted, I remembered hearing about this tip, although I had forgotten about it until this post. Thank you much Brian!

Does your Joker have a 510 connection, or are you using an adapter?  If it's a 510, you may try lifting the center pin with a small screwdriver.  I've done it a few times... take a little screw driver and gently pry the center pin on the Joker, working all the way around it.  Be gentle, you should just see it move a little when you pry.  That will lift the center pin.  I've had several cartos that wouldn't work and this always fixed the problem.

Thinking back, I did have this happen on some attys that I had previously used on my SB. Attys used only on my Joker have always worked find, but when i first got it I was switching back and forth between the Joker and SB. That's when I had issues. Also, I've had some cartos that did this.

I've had this same problem with my ego and Mark's mod. It seems that an atty I use on the ego will not always work at first on my mod unless I tweek the center post a little.

I guess the ego must push the post down a little too much for my Mark mod. It is a conundrum.wallbash.gif

And alot of times if you use a atty/carto on one unit then switch it to something else... you will find that the first unit had a little different 510 connection and it will push that center pin in too far. Thus, requiring it to be lifted up a bit to make work again. Just one of the many little fun things we learn to watch out for while vaping!