What Ecig Is For Me

mattb

hey guys im new to this whole ecig thing and i did a ton of research on it and talked to some other people who use them. just a quick background on me. im 19 and im using ecig as a way to get rip of using dip. i have been dipping since i was 14 and i recently found out that i have gum disease and i was told that it was vital to stop. i thought rather than become a smoker why not give ecigs a try. i need nicotine still so thats why i wanted to give this a try. i ordered a Blu starter kit after smoking a cheap throw away ecig from the gas station. is this the right choice i feel like an idiot cuz i never was a heavy smoker but smoked occasionally.

thanks for the help

The Blu cig might work out for you. From what I understand, though, it doesn't produce much vapor, but you didn't smoke, so this may be no big deal to you. It also doesn't have a very long battery life between charges, which may be a bigger deal for you since you can keep dip in your mouth a long time, getting a pretty much constant stream of nic. I would check out a 510 kit, if I were you. There is such a kit available in the VaporTalk store (link at the top of the page). Even an eGo might work well for you. Biggest difference between the 510 and the eGo is battery life.

Let us know what else you have questions about. We're here for you!

Good luck with your gum disease. That's no fun.

Also, welcome to VaporTalk! :)

Matt,

Welcome to the vape world! I started with a Green Smoke (very similar to the Blu, almost identical) however quickly realized after doing two full weekends- literally- of reading these forums (ok so maybe not so quickly) that I was missing out on many of the options available on the 510 and the Ego's. My Green Smoke had a 30 day return, which I did and it more than paid for my Ego! Whatever you choose to do or buy, spend some time reading through all the posts here. You'll learn more than you ever thought possible about e-cigs and vaping.

I'm glad that you discovered this alternative while you're still young. It took me 25 years of smoking analogs to finally find something that has gotten me on the road to healthier habits and the transition was totally effortless!

Good luck and keep us posted! We like success stories!!

IMHO the eGo kit is the most bang for your buck. I take mine with just one battery and a bottle of juice in my pocket to work every day. One battery lasts at least 10 hrs at work, but I cannot vape except on breaks, I may sneak a few from time to time tho! Shhhh! LOL

I would go with a JOYE , DSE or KR kit as there is a lot of places to shop for supplies and the prices are more competitive as a result.They all will make vapor and deliver the nic ,and we all have our preferences based on different criteria.Some are concerned with size and appearance ,some battery life ,some vapor production and some just cost .Check out the recomended suppliers on the forums and stay away from the ones who will not identify the manufacturer and actual model number.Steer clear of the free kits as nothing is free.Be very careful who you give your chargecard number to as in the process you are giving them permission to remove money from your account and you are agreeing to whatever terms they have in the small print we all never read.

IMHO the eGo kit is the most bang for your buck. I take mine with just one battery and a bottle of juice in my pocket to work every day. One battery lasts at least 10 hrs at work, but I cannot vape except on breaks, I may sneak a few from time to time tho! Shhhh! LOL

I still say you are mighty brave only takin' one battery with you for the day! My luck it would stop working or the switch would mess up... something! :thumbsup:

I know I'm the new guy, and wouldn't want to cause a stir, but..

How addicted to nicotine are you? I'd kill to have the option to go back 10 years to your age and eliminate this addiction entirely. You've already experienced gum disease due to dipping so why move on to cigarettes or ecigs? I'm just trying to understand the logic, but I mean no harm by it.

If you truly feel the need to use an ecig, I recommend the Joye 510 or eGo. Both have been trouble free while I've found a few others to be problematic and a waste of money.

Which every way you choose to go, Good luck. :thumbsup:

There's nothing really "wrong" with the blu, but most people find that it's not sufficient for them. It has very poor battery life(which can only be expected from such a small battery anyway), and the cartridges are absolute crap(very small capacity, very inconsistent due to varying amounts of filler material. They don't taste very good in my opinion either). The only way to get good performance out of a blu, in my opinion(yes I actually own one and I love it, but I love my 510 even more) is to either A: use blue foam in the cartridges along with some decent(3rd party) juice, or B: screw the cartridges altogether and just drip(306 drip tips fit the blu atomizer. you can get them from www.nhaler.com). If you choose to drip, be careful though. I haven't had any problems myself, but if you put too much juice in it, it will eventually work its way thru the atomizer and then into the hole in the battery, which will ruin the switch, meaning the battery will no longer work.

Also, the blu batteries are sensitive and go off when the wind blows, or if there's a loud noise. In addition to this, the blu is way overpriced. $60 is too much to spend for what it is when you can get a Joye 510 manual kit for about $40, or a Joye Ego or EM Riva, which have manual(meaning you have to press a button to activate them, which, while not as convenient, is much better because they'll never activate accidentally like automatic ones) batteries that can last all day or several days depending how much you use them, for about $35-$60.

If the blu only cost about $25 or $30 for a starter kit, I would recommend it. But it costs $60, and that's just ridiculous. I would recommend the Joye 510. Many others have probably already recommended a Joye Ego/EM Riva/Volcano Inferno/Modern Vapor Lux/whatever else that thing's called. I have no reason to NOT recommend it other than the fact that I have not yet personally used it. But from what I understand, it's just a 510 with a much larger battery. The larger battery might not matter to you since you're not a smoker anyway, but why spend more for less if you don't have to? Vapor-ize.com sells Riva kits for as low as $36 something with their thanksgiving/black friday 10% off sale plus coupon code "VB" for an additional 10% off. liberty-flights.com has genuine Joye Ego kits for $40. I couldn't tell you which is better quality or anything like that. Perhaps other members could help you out with that.

Oh, also, for the good 3rd party juice, I highly recommend Vapor Renu. They're the only supplier I've tried, so my view might be biased. I'm a cheapskate/penny pincher. I try to pay as little as possible for anything while still maintaining quality, and VaporRenu.com is the cheapest juice supplier I've found. They have tons of flavor options, and a 30ml bottle costs only $6.99(or a little more depending on which options you choose for your juice). As far as I'm concerned, it's absolutely amazing juice. And at only $6.99 a bottle, it gives you a great opportunity to try out lots of different flavors. Other sites charge up to $15.00 for just 10ml. If you want a flavor you don't see on their list, you can always send an e-mail and request one too.

What I would do if I were you, in all honesty, is cancel your order if you still can. If not, send it back when it gets to your door. You're welcome to try it if you want, but if you use any cartridges, they'll subtract the cost of however many cartridges you've used from your refund, or they'll just subtract $25(the amount for the full "carton" of cartridges). In the meantime, if you can afford to, I'd order either a Joye 510 kit(Many places to get them, I got mine for $40 at www.mypvshop.com. They let you pick your battery and LED color, atomizer color, type of cartridges, and type of charger, where as other sites just give you whatever they give you. You can usually at least pick the color of the kit, but you can't mix and match. I don't know if that's important to you or not, and you might be able to find a kit cheaper elsewhere.) or a Joye Ego/EM Riva kit from one of the sites I mentioned. You could wait for your refund/order cancellation, but if you do you'll probably miss out on the sales they have going on right now.

sorry for the wall of text... I hope this helps you, and if not you, at least someone else reading this.

Edited by DerStadtschutz

How addicted to nicotine are you?

I have a mate who had black sores in his mouth and his doctor told him hes guna get cancer or holes in his mouth if he didn't quit, he still smokes :) If only we could go back to before we were addicted, but we can't.

I have been vaping for over eight weeks now. I thought I would just an disposable e-cig and see if I liked it. Well, it was so cheap (not in price) that it quit on me in about 2 hours. I then on looking at a few You Tube videos to get a pass through and cartos. Then I was convinced that I really needed a 901. The battery life is not very good. After that I ordered a 510 kit. I really liked the 510 but hated charging the batteries, I had 2 in the kit, ordered 2 extra and they guy I bought from threw in another for good measure he said. So I just told myself I don't care how e-cigs you have already bought you need to get one that satisfies your individual taste, long battery life and so I bought an eGo. Okay, best move I have made. It vapes like a charm. I always have a charge because I am vaping on one and charging the other battery. I think that once I get set up I will then realize the savings I have made since quiting analogs.

There's nothing really "wrong" with the blu, but most people find that it's not sufficient for them. It has very poor battery life(which can only be expected from such a small battery anyway), and the cartridges are absolute crap(very small capacity, very inconsistent due to varying amounts of filler material. They don't taste very good in my opinion either). The only way to get good performance out of a blu, in my opinion(yes I actually own one and I love it, but I love my 510 even more) is to either A: use blue foam in the cartridges along with some decent(3rd party) juice, or B: screw the cartridges altogether and just drip(306 drip tips fit the blu atomizer. you can get them from www.nhaler.com). If you choose to drip, be careful though. I haven't had any problems myself, but if you put too much juice in it, it will eventually work its way thru the atomizer and then into the hole in the battery, which will ruin the switch, meaning the battery will no longer work.

Also, the blu batteries are sensitive and go off when the wind blows, or if there's a loud noise. In addition to this, the blu is way overpriced. $60 is too much to spend for what it is when you can get a Joye 510 manual kit for about $40, or a Joye Ego or EM Riva, which have manual(meaning you have to press a button to activate them, which, while not as convenient, is much better because they'll never activate accidentally like automatic ones) batteries that can last all day or several days depending how much you use them, for about $35-$60.

If the blu only cost about $25 or $30 for a starter kit, I would recommend it. But it costs $60, and that's just ridiculous.

I had to laugh for a minute after reading this... You start out saying "there's nothing really wrong with the blu"... and then go on for the next 250 words just bashing the livin' daylights out of it. I just wanted to say that I appreciated the good laugh this morning when I got to work. That's nice to have first thing on a Monday morning!! Thanks NinKid!

Edited by DAYVAPE