Got A Mod But.........................................

AmandaWV

I have a question about a Tekk mod I bought. The person I got it off of said they were going to send me a multi volt and I thought great because I like to drip 306 LR cisco attys (they produce awesome vapor and flavor) I got tired of having to worry about how many attys I had left so I got about 25. I got my tek mod about a week ago and it is only a 5 volt. It has the multi volt switch on it but it didn't work. I took it apart and there are no wires wired to the switch. Does anyone have any clue on how to make this a muli volt. I have been building mods and I am sure I can do this if I had the directions or schematics. Thanks!!

From my husband. Chuck

Edited by AmandaWV

Sounds like a question for Jolly. I'm sure he will be along to help out. :)

Give him a few more days though. He just got Black OPS and is in veggie state right now. Lucky bum!!

Sorry to hear your Tekk is messed up. That really sucks.

• 4 weeks later...

wow, cant believe that got sent out like that.

the thing is that those are built for 3.2ohm atty/carto

if you want to use an lr on it you would need to use a step down voltage chip, and they cost around $20 a pop just for one.

if you want to do it on your own, you need a 1 & 1.5ohm resistor that are at least 2w 1% and drop it in there. i use 3w for the ones i sold. i have a set here i could send you if you would like to do it on your own and show you how to wire it.

thats if you are using 3.2ohm (based on ohms law)

i can direct you to the chip if you want the step down that can use lr with.

Edited by Jolly

i double checked the order and paypal notes.

that tekk was just supposed to be a 5.2v mod.

there is a switch in that one because the backing that came with yours got messed up. the only other backs i had were of multivoltage, so thats what i tossed onto it.