Fda Really Wants People To Quit Smoking...

I just saw that on the news a few minutes ago.

I guess they're saying we're too stupid to understand how bad cigarettes are for us...that the words alone weren't working (or perhaps there are too many of us really stupid people who can't even read the words)...so now they'll put really bad pictures on the packs so maybe we will finally understand? People will be so scared they'll just stop smoking. Right? What?

No pictures would have made me quit smoking, that's for sure. And..."every source of evidence suggests that the labels do help people quit". Seriously? Really? Does anyone know of anyone who quit smoking because of the warning label on a pack of cigarettes? I don't.

You're right Nana. Much like the stop smoking classes the 7th day adventists put on years ago. The sad and gross video's and slide shows didn't help a bit... but I did get to where I couldn't enjoy a cig without a glass of oj! With that said, now they'll be training smokers they can't enjoy a cig without the maccrabe!

Maybe they should do this on fast food too!

:ice:

They can make pictures of Ronald McDonald as a fat guy getting a triple bypass. Anyway, to make things fair, they should put warning labels with pictures on government buildings. WARNING! GOVERNMENT MAY CAUSE TAXATION, WAR, AND STUPID WARNING LABELS!

.. because cartoonish illustrations will NOT pique a child's interest.

Riiiiight. Kids don't normally pay much attention to a pack of cigarettes. But now? The imagery itself may also serve to desensitize our children toward the act of self-injecting concoctions into themselves .. This seems so counter productive to me.

Edited by noXious

Omg I might have to go back to smoking just so I can collect all the cool little cartoon warnings. It'll be kinda like trading cards.

I can see it now. "Yeah, can I get a pack of camel lights?" Clerk: These? Me: No, camel LIGHTS, Clerk: These? Me: No no, the pack over there with the cigarette lopping the guys head off with a chainsaw. Clerk: Oh! These! Me: Yes! Clerk: That will be $5.32.

As much as we all are glad we quit with the help of e-cigs, I laughed out loud on the cartoon showing the guy trying to inject a cigarette into his veins. How long before some idiot tries to do that!