Joker & Carto Problems

I've had my Joker since July (or something like that) and have been using the same cartomizers on it since day one. Last week it started acting up and I thought it might be because of the carto. I put a new carto on and it worked again for 2 days before it began to have a conniption fit again when I refilled the carto. Again, I figured carto problem. 6 cartos later and the device continues to act up. It will gradually go from green to blue on the first drag. Quicker to blue on the second drag. Finally it goes immediately to blue by the third drag and won't run at all after that.

Now when I put a standard high res atty on it, with a drip tip, it runs fine. However, the flavor on a high res atty is not nearly that of the cartos. I have new cartos on the way, but I was wondering if anyone else has had a similar problem and if it might be worth contacting vaprlife about it. Any tricks, tips, helpful hints would be appreciated.

I've had that happen on a few cartos, but the unit never actually shut off. Are you sure they are not low res cartos? A regular Joye 510 atty (2.2ohm) causes my light to turn blue every time. I imagine if the ohms were much lower than than it would cause it to shut off. I would check the ohms on the cartos to make sure. If they're okay, contact vaprlife.

Brian,

Thanks for the reply.

I used my multimeter and got readings between 2.0 and 3.4 for most of the cartos (old and new). All of the cartos produced the same result as before, with the blue diamond of death arriving before shutting off. I switched batteries and the same result. Put a brand new carto on, didn't even fire. Put the same carto on my Ego, no probs just not 5v vape quality. Tried probably 12 different cartos to no avail. The only thing working now on the Joker is the high res atty w/drip tip (the flavor and vapor are not as good as when the cartos were hitting). Looks like I'm going to have to contact Vaprlife.

Thanks again for the input.

• 2 weeks later...

I've had that happen on a few cartos, but the unit never actually shut off. Are you sure they are not low res cartos? A regular Joye 510 atty (2.2ohm) causes my light to turn blue every time. I imagine if the ohms were much lower than than it would cause it to shut off. I would check the ohms on the cartos to make sure. If they're okay, contact vaprlife.

It seems many of these mod designers never used a real 510, The Joye. Many of the basic 5V box mods also cannot handle a real Joye, but work fine with the imitations (higher ohms).

The Joker claims "Unit's regulator 'shuts down' once 3 amps have been reached". At 5V that would happen at 1.7Ω.

What kind of batteries are you both using? The 3V Li-PO4's or 3.7V Li-Ions.