Big Tobacco Ain't Nothing To Mess With

Probably going to get some crazy responses on this but oh well!

I was watching the Michael Mann movie called "The Insider" starring Al Pacino and Russell Crowe, if you ain't familiar with the movie Crowe plays a scientist that leaves his job with one of the top tobacco companies in the U.S. because he disapproves with the secret ingredients they are adding to the nicotine to make it even more addictive and he blows the whistle on the issue to the character Al Pacino plays who is the top reporter for 60 minutes and it had me thinking a bunch of crazy things that BT does when they get in a tight spot when concerning losing business (MONEY), now in this movie Crowe receives death threats to him and his family and is constantly being watched, it really shows the shiesty/dark side of BT and even though this is a movie im sure this does happen in real life otherwise I don't think Micheal Mann the Director and Producer of the film would even make it. Now with the issue of e cigs being a threat to the success of BT, its got me thinking that big tobacco IMO does whatever possible to keep things going their way (corruption, pay-offs, lying to the grand jury, and possibly harming/killing innocent people) I mean we are talking a billion dollar a year business (I think its that much) so to keep what they think the pesky e cig industry out of their way it had me thinking that could it be that they have payed off one or even a few of the biggest manufactures of base or flavored e liquid suppliers in China to have a few workers add some harmful/lethal ingredients to a very large supply of e liquid. All base e liquid is from china (I think) so when U.S. suppliers get their base and make all their different flavors it could hold something that could make us vapors really sick or worse, and if there is a hundred or so reports of people getting really sick/dead due to the use of e liquid in e cigs, I think this is something BT is capable of doing to us to whipe out the e cig industry completely, let me know what you think, and if you believe this is something big tobacco could do to rid their competitors the e cig industry or am I just paranoid and something like this could never happen?

I can see that happening in one way or another. Hmmmmm, wet work for a corp., wonder what salary grade that is?

Edited by Kragax