Janty, Joye, Revolution? Whats Going On?

stanley

i have looked at wordupecig, vaportalkstore, electronic stix. and i am a bit confused, i have read a lot onhere about eGo and decided to go with that. I thought that Joye was the manufacturer of eGo but i see Janty eGo at WUecig.com,,, is Janty eGo a knock off of Joye eGo? or does each site have their own versions of the same cigs? why doesnt Joye have their own website if so?

Very good questions :)

Joye Tech is a manufacture of electronic cigarettes. A very good one at that. The reason they don't have their own website is the same reason you can't buy toilet paper direct. Instead you need to go to Wal Mart. Manufacture > store > consumer.

It's a bit of a long story but Janty created most of the popular models that Joye Tech release. When I say create I don't mean in a factory I mean on a design program. It's then sent over to Joye Tech. Joye Tech creates it from Janty (and now also Totally Wicked) and after 1-3 months the product is released generically to suppliers all over the world. (There's much more to it but that's it in a nut shell)

Janty products are in fact created by Joye Tech. Word Up sells both the Generic Version and the Janty Version. Both are Genuine. Jeff (the owner of Word Up) Does not sell knock offs.

Now your probably wondering, well what about the fakes then?

Some suppliers cannot afford the MOQ's set by Joye Tech. (minimum order quantity - You can't just purchase one kit from the factory) The kits in bulk are not cheap. Other factories, seeing the success of the eGo and 510 have created their own replicas. They are much cheaper to purchase and the minimum order quantity is much much lower. (We've angered quite a few suppliers by bringing this to light)

I wrote a blog that contains a little but more behind the story here: http://www.theecigguru.com/2010/05/joye-atomizers-and-starter-kits-but-why.html

As for the Revolution electronic cigarette, this model is a KR808. It has become quite popular over the last few months as we where asked to carry it by customers. :) It is not a Joye 510. It is a 2 piece cartomizer model.

Just a quick note on telling fakes. Take a look at the pictures I've attached below. You'll notice one eGo has gold plated tops and bottoms. Joye Tech currently does not make the eGo with any type of gold plating. You'll also notice the fake comes in a large black and gold box. Joye Tech sends their eGo kits out in small slender black boxes. ALWAYS shop with a trusted supplier. If in doubt, ask here on the forum and we'll always be more than happy to help :)

post-2-077493100 1287214736_thumb.jpg

post-2-098164100 1287214746_thumb.jpg

post-2-077493100 1287214736_thumb.jpg

post-2-098164100 1287214746_thumb.jpg

Hello Chris .

Very well written very well written Chris.

Generic can be a strong word that is misunderstood by the general public.

Thanks for the clarification that Me / WordupEcig.com does not and will not sell fake knockoff items as I know the same high standards are practised at Vapor talk store along with Chris not letting any supplier be registered on this forum who are or may sell fake knockoff or who are lying and calling something that it is not what it really is.

I know of a lot of forums (No Names mentioned) that let people/Suppliers come in and call a known knock off a Joye, Janty or Ruyan. Knot Happening Here!

Me and Chris may have our differences :argue: but we both believe that the customer comes first and if you (The customer) are purchasing a knock off you should be told this is a knock off so you can then make your own decision. When purchasing your product always review the site you are purchasing from and always ask question and if the price is to good to be true it is just that.

Thank You

Jeffrey & Laurin

Great clarification guys thanks. Wonderful to see credit for honest business practices given. It's also a strong point that Jeffery made about VT screening suppliers, When we purchase online we have to trust that what we are buying is what we are expecting, the real deal. Jeffery has always been straight with me and has sold me quality products that have allowed me to change my life, Christopher has proven to me that if he promises something he too delivers. I hope that people realize that cheap isn't better and quality and honest business practices are the most important items we as consumers need to be looking for and we patronize these top-notch suppliers. I know that I do.