Impressions Of Combined Atomizer/cartridge

Matthew

Hi all,

Just been reading bizzybot's tips, Great stuff. I notice that he advised against purchasing the "cartomizer" style of ecig.

After my introduction to ecigs a while back (I bought something similar to a 103) I saw the cartomizers and thought this would solve all my atomizer problems. I bought an E9 from e-cig.com. I got 53 cartridges with it, all regular tobacco flavour. The thing worked quite well, I thought. I was getting the equivalent to about 12 analogs a cartridge, but you'd need to change batteries about halfway through the cartridge's life. The volume of vapour was impressive, the taste was good and there was a faint pleasant smell to it. I think I got about 2 dud cartridges from the 53, they gave that same crappy smell you get when you run out of juice in your 510.

Anyhow, I thought this was pretty good, so after trying (and being fairly unimpressed with) a 701 I ordered another E9 starter kit. This time I also asked for some coffee and vanilla flavoured cartridges to go in the mix. Sadly, all bar 2 of the flavoured cartridges were duds, but most of the regular ones were fine (might be something to do with the way they add the flavour?). One of the 2 batteries lasted only a week too, so I wasn't rapt with that either. The batteries from the previous kit wouldn't hold a charge either (age certainly seems to have wearied them!).

The kits were identical and from the same supplier, but I'd rate the first one as "excellent" and the second as "needs improvement". I didn't bother sending anything back, overseas postage from Australia is pretty expensive.

S'pose the point of all this is, sometimes you just get unlucky (or maybe lucky, as the case may be). If anyone ever asked me whether they should get one of these, I'd say yes, but only get the regular flavoring.

You know a atomized ecig is the ONLY type of ecig I've never used. Apparently when they work, they're great. The only bad thing of course is the drip issue, however if they can get the quietly control...under control I personally believe this will be the future of ecigs. Although dripping of course is awesome, most people don't want to deal with the hassle, especially smokers, you have to work them into dripping.

Thanks for the review, one day I'll have to order a kit and give it a whirl

I personally believe this will be the future of ecigs.

I hope you are wrong but it is very possible that the FDA may want some way to control the amount of nicotine we are allowed to get. The sealed prefilled carts are one way to do this. I'm hoping that the apparent deal they reached with China on reducing the maximum MG from 36 to 26 is all we will see. I'm keeping my fingers crossed and stocking up.

Kevin

I don't think they will be the future because the FDA will want it that way (after all only 20 cigs come in a pack but we can purchase as many as we wont) The reason I think this is the future of ecigs is because analog users don't want mess and fuss. This will be the fastest way to convert them. I still think the current style atomizer will be available for purchase, but I think in stores etc (IE Gas Stations) cartomizers is what will be found.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think they will be the future because the FDA will want it that way (after all only 20 cigs come in a pack but we can purchase as many as we wont) The reason I think this is the future of ecigs is because analog users don't want mess and fuss. This will be the fastest way to convert them. I still think the current style atomizer will be available for purchase, but I think in stores etc (IE Gas Stations) cartomizers is what will be found.

Absolutely agree. Isn't it better and more logical to get more peeps vaping thru convenience with a user friendly eCig? They can always start dripping later if they want to but expecting the analog using majority to drip right when they're first introduced to them is unrealistic. The more people vaping the better and availability at convenience stores ideal or maybe at small shops in strip centers like cell phone stores.

I started out with a disposable myself, from there I used prefilled carts, graduated to cartomizers soon after and then started dripping but I still keep cartomizers at the ready because I like convenience and efficiency.

Absolutely agree. Isn't it better and more logical to get more peeps vaping thru convenience with a user friendly eCig? They can always start dripping later if they want to but expecting the analog using majority to drip right when they're first introduced to them is unrealistic. The more people vaping the better and availability at convenience stores ideal or maybe at small shops in strip centers like cell phone stores.

I started out with a disposable myself, from there I used prefilled carts, graduated to cartomizers soon after and then started dripping but I still keep cartomizers at the ready because I like convenience and efficiency.

Hmm, Is there a reason why my avatar is black? Does my pic have to be approved or something?

Dunno, I reuploaded trying several different pics. I can see it when I log in, upper right and also to the right next to threads. Let me try something else.....

OK, I got it. I'd only uploaded it to picture when I needed to upload it to avatar too.