What Is Vg / Pg

Trice

I've seen a lot of references to VG (at first I thought this referred to VaporGalaxy liquids) and PG. Could someone explain what they are and if I need to be concerned if just buying premade liquids? Or could someone post a link to an explaination (I could not find one)?

From what i researched VG is Vegetable Glycerin based liquid and PG is Propylene Glycol based liquid. VG based liquid from what i know has batter taste and vapor but also gums up your attys from my own experience and PG based liquids i find are not as enjoyable as the VG but knowing that it doesnt ruin my attys (investments) is a good thing for me im still new to vaping but this is what i know of my own experience and research. Im about to try mixing PG and VG as i hear its a good thing of getting the best of both worlds

Bearguin explained it pretty well. Some people choose to use VG over PG because it doesn't have quite as much throat hit. PG in high strengths can really pack a punch, VG on the other hand is very smooth.

VG has more vapor but less punch, PG has less vapor but more punch (although the less vapor isn't THAT noticeable) Some people also think they're allergic to PG, half the time it isn't the case but what you prefer is what's most important :)

I did try some VG liquid quite a while back. At first I liked the vapor but I found it gummed up the atomizer too fast and that lead to lots of leaking. So I gave up. I have been considering giving a mix of PG/VG liquid a whirl. I just haven't decided how to go about it yet.

I started at 100% PG and like Chris said, not as much vapor and for ME, it felt very "light" in the throat, almost like I couldn't feel it going in at all.

Then I did 100% VG and although it is MUCH smoother, more smoke-like and lots of vapor, it gave me heartburn BAD! (and yes, gums up the atty pretty fast).

I got some 50/50 mixes today and been doing them all day and they are definitely my "sweet spot!"

You can also do 80/20 and 70/30 mixes too depending on the seller.

Edited by Jodie