Ask Your Favorite Suppliers To Remove Diacetyl From Their E-Liquids!

Smokie

Ask your favorite suppliers to remove diacetyl from their e-liquids!

The following is a letter I intend to send to some suppliers that contain diacetyl in their liquids (so far, I only know of liberty-flights, but I'm pretty sure there are more). I think it's extremely important that we consumers know about this. This letter is going to Liberty-Flights.

---

As you may already know, diacetyl is an ingredient used in foods to give them a "buttery" flavor. Evidence has shown that some individuals inhaling this chemical on a regular basis (in a work environment) have developed a life threatening and untreatable condition known as Bronchiolitis Obliterans.

Wikipedia - Bronchiolitis Obliterans

Wikipedia - Diacetyl

I was unaware of this potential health hazard until recently. I'm sure that many vapers are unaware of the health risks as well. Although you have some information about diacetyl on your site, I imagine it is not something most consumers will bother to read. As a favorite supplier of e-liquids for many vapers, I implore you to consider removing this chemical from your e-liquids. There are suitable alternatives.

I think it is extremely important for all suppliers of e-liquid to be as careful as possible to prevent potentially causing harm to its customers. Although studies have not been done on inhalation effects of other flavorants, suppliers such as yourself can at least start by removing chemicals that are already known to be toxic. By neglecting to do this, you may be causing injury that will not only hurt individuals, but also the entire vaping industry, which is already under fire by many critics.

As a consumer, I hope that vaping will one day be widely accepted as a much safer alternative to smoking cigarettes, so that more people can experience the freedom from tobacco that I have experienced. You can help this process by removing this dangerous chemical from your products. Thank you.

THIS POST WAS COPIED FROM ANOTHER FORUM

The following is a letter I intend to send to some suppliers that contain diacetyl in their liquids (so far, I only know of liberty-flights, but I'm pretty sure there are more). I think it's extremely important that we consumers know about this. This letter is going to Liberty-Flights.

---

As you may already know, diacetyl is an ingredient used in foods to give them a "buttery" flavor. Evidence has shown that some individuals inhaling this chemical on a regular basis (in a work environment) have developed a life threatening and untreatable condition known as Bronchiolitis Obliterans.

Wikipedia - Diacetyl

I was unaware of this potential health hazard until recently. I'm sure that many vapers are unaware of the health risks as well. Although you have some information about diacetyl on your site, I imagine it is not something most consumers will bother to read. As a favorite supplier of e-liquids for many vapers, I implore you to consider removing this chemical from your e-liquids. There are suitable alternatives.

I think it is extremely important for all suppliers of e-liquid to be as careful as possible to prevent potentially causing harm to its customers. Although studies have not been done on inhalation effects of other flavorants, suppliers such as yourself can at least start by removing chemicals that are already known to be toxic. By neglecting to do this, you may be causing injury that will not only hurt individuals, but also the entire vaping industry, which is already under fire by many critics.

As a consumer, I hope that vaping will one day be widely accepted as a much safer alternative to smoking cigarettes, so that more people can experience the freedom from tobacco that I have experienced. You can help this process by removing this dangerous chemical from your products. Thank you.

juicyliquid@gmail.com Wrote me saying: NO diacetyl in our liquids! Also no oils, added sugars, or artificial coloring. :-)

Many thanks,

MrsJaaxx

juicyliquid@gmail.com Wrote me saying: NO diacetyl in our liquids! Also no oils, added sugars, or artificial coloring. :-)

Many thanks,

MrsJaaxx

Hello Smokie

This is Jeffrey from WordupEcig Super Store

I Assure you that Diacetyl is not an ingredient in our eliquids.

Good looking out for other vapors in the community posting this smokie, altho I do believe a majority of suppliers just stick to the basics, but you never know with suppliers popping up from everywhere now a days doing and adding things that are not needed, The main question is WHY? mess with something that is working fine the way it has been and then adding stuff and not knowing the repercussions of it, like the whole chantix thing, IMHO that was the stupidest idea a supplier could think of adding to their liquid stock, what the heck was the whole idea behind this, as humans I think we think way too much when it comes to stuff like this just to be different or try to create an edge over on other suppliers, im not knockin JC for doing this but my main question is why, what was the thought process behind this additive, a marketing strategy for more business, ANYTHING that deals with money making in your business there is always going to be someone trying to one up someone else with a new idea, whether they know its bad for us or not...idk, blah, blah, ive been drinking so this probably dosent make sense.

Good looking out for other vapors in the community posting this smokie, altho I do believe a majority of suppliers just stick to the basics, but you never know with suppliers popping up from everywhere now a days doing and adding things that are not needed, The main question is WHY? mess with something that is working fine the way it has been and then adding stuff and not knowing the repercussions of it, like the whole chantix thing, IMHO that was the stupidest idea a supplier could think of adding to their liquid stock, what the heck was the whole idea behind this, as humans I think we think way too much when it comes to stuff like this just to be different or try to create an edge over on other suppliers, im not knockin JC for doing this but my main question is why, what was the thought process behind this additive, a marketing strategy for more business, ANYTHING that deals with money making in your business there is always going to be someone trying to one up someone else with a new idea, whether they know its bad for us or not...idk, blah, blah, ive been drinking so this probably dosent make sense.

It is in the butter flavoring only that I know of, there goes my Pancakes, and waffles without the Butter.

---

Wikipedia - Diacetyl

We're already on it. I have not found it yet in our flavors. But I put in an inquiry to both chineese juice mfgs yesterday. Our USA juice doesn't have it for sure.

You should be careful about perfumes and dyes as well.

http://lecig.com

• 2 years later...