Did I Screw Up?

SterlingRoses

I've been reading the general and tips & tricks forums and came across a post on removing the wick & bridge for direct dripping. So I decided to give it a try. Everything came out easy enough, but some fibers that look like they run thru the coil. I left them because they wouldn't just slide out and I didn't want to mess up the coil trying to force them out. Now I have a nice silvery colored coil and I am ready to drip. The first 6-8 drags are fantastic, then it goes south. Added a few more drops and now all I taste is burnt. So I pull off my drip tip to investigate and now the coil is BLACK. Is this normal or did I screw up??? :whistle: I am still such a noob trying new things LOL

I am far from an expert--but a couple things you can try: sounds like maybe the fibers are burned/melted.

1. try twisting the corner of a kleenex or paper towel, push into the atty and let sit for a couple minutes, drip and vape

2. using a Q-tip--very, very gently try to clean around the coil

Not sure if that will help or not, but worth a shot.

I'm surprised the coil would turn black that quickly. I would suggest dripping some more liquid and just vape until the taste goes away to be honest. If that doesn't work you can always boil the atomizers for 10 minutes and let it dry over night.

While removing the bridge is fine, I honestly don't mess with the atomizer. Just pop it on, drip and vape. :)

What brand of liquid?Some have a lot of something that will carbon up an element very fast,and in a few days use it won't get the liquid hot enough to make much vapor.When you remove the bridge and fiber there is nothing to hold much liquid so anything over a drop will just run through.I don't think you will get as many puffs per drip so you need to drip more often,if you try to puff as much as you did with bridge you will burn it dry and get burnt taste.