Revolution Question

willy

On the vt store, what does it mean when it says it comes with 24mg prefilled cartomizers? What is it prefilled with? I thought the strength is controlled depending on what liquid you use. I'm thinking that 24mg is a little on the strong side since I'm an occasional smoker so I just wanted to fill it with something different.

The Revolution is a KR808 and uses cartomizers. They come prefilled with 24mg eliquid, but not sure what flavor (probably something like Marlboro). I'll ask Chris to provide that info..

You can buy empty cartomizers also and fill them with any eliquid you choose.

PS - Welcome to Vapor Talk!

Edited by Brian

Hello Willy,

Welcome to the forums. The starter kit comes from the factory with 24mg carts. While not everyone enjoys this strengths it's the most popular for users starting out.

You can however purchase revolution cartomizers separate and fill them with whatever liquid you'd like. Last but not least, when checking out, if you want the stock cartomizers to be replaced with empty cartomizers we can also do that at no extra cost :thumbsup:

Dang I already ordered the prefilled carts and added some empties today! That's ok though. I greatly appreciate how customizable the ecigs are versus the analogs so I'm sure I'll find the 24s useful. I'm just a light social smoker and I think that I have more an oral fixation when it comes to smoking cigs and less of a nicotine addiction, but the vast amount of negative side affects of the analogs has convinced me to seek an alternative.

You guys have a great site, I've learned a great deal about ecigs by just browsing your forum and watching the how to videos. I literally came here with little experience with ecigs and narrowed down my options to one single ecig without having to post practically anything. And these little guys are obviously complicated! At least to a newbie...

One last question tho, I know the overwhelming consensus is to use a manual battery, but the convenience of an auto is enticing. Are there any decent autos that are about the size of a standard cig? Maybe just one that ppl complain less about?

Not really to be honest. Manual is the only way to go. The Joye 510 auto isn't bad but honestly you'll eventually end up using the manual. What ends up happening is, the liquid eventually, no matter what, enters the battery. It kills the switch inside and you have to purchase a new battery. This of course gets old real quick.

You're probably thinking you'd like to "smoke" the ecig exactly like an analog. With an electronic cigarette, the weight sort of makes it hard. While they're not heavy, you can't quite hold it like a cigarette. You'll end up vaping as if it was a cigar. You'll see I mean once you start vaping :)

I would think the juice would be somewhat less of an issue with a cartomizer. Having said that, I actually got an automatic 510 for a friend and I was amazed how it kept coming on and off with the slightest breeze or motion. Also, there are little tricks to e-cigs like holding the button down for a second or so to heat it up before hitting that are lost with the automatics.