Lr Atty Vs Standard Atty (Joye Ego 510's)

Jodie

Ok, so bear with the noob here who should do her work and look it up herself....

But I just found out that the kit I got has 2 different types of atty's in it. It's the Joye eGo dual kit from puresmoker.com (got it when they had the 49.99 special).

One is a LR 510 silver atty and one is a "standard" 510 black atty.

What the heck is the difference?

One thing I did find out from the online chat gal on puresmoker.com is that the standard does not need nearly as much juice (I thought you just used about 3 drops no matter what?) so that is why it was leaking a lot.

Please help a gal out! (plus I need to know quick so I can tell my dad who just got his kit today and I don't want him finding any excuse not to keep at it!)

Jodie

The LR atty will mimic 5 volt vaping because it has a lower resistance and runs quite a bit hotter than the standard atty. For instance, with the LR atty, you will notice a much warmer vapor when inhaled... and a stronger throat hit most times. You don't have to take as long of a drag on a LR either because of it getting hotter quicker. The standard atty you will need to take that long/slow drag... like sucking a milkshake up through a straw, nice a gentle. Also, the LR atty will go through a bit more juice... and you also need to make sure there is always juice in the cart, unless you decide to direct drip, because you can burn one up easily if it isn't wet enough.

That's the short and sweet version anyway...

Perfect! That makes total sense. (and explains why when using my 2 different units, I was getting 2 totally different experiences without knowing why). LOL!

So from that experience, I have decided I TOTALLY love the LR atty much better.

Thanks so much DV!

Yeah, I bet you were wondering what was going on huh? Alot of people like the LR atty... the only downside is that most folks are saying that they don't last as long as a standard atty. That's simply because of it getting so much hotter... it will just end up burning it out faster. Glad you liked your LR though... it's definately a "different" experience isn't it? :thumbsup:

I tried my first LR atty today, too. At first I choked myself by doing the long slow draw that I am accustomed to! Figured that out right quick! Then I found it to be totally awesome. I love taking a tiny hit and getting a ton of vapor. I love the warm. It's good, very good.

One more thing I discovered. Vaping along, at work, minding my own business.. when the battery died! Confident in my Riva battery's kick-*** lifespan, I'd only brought the one to work with me. Imagine my shock-- booo! But now I know, so I'll just bring a spare if I'm using the LR atty.

Dayvape, thank you for the LR overview! I should read and ask questions first like Jodie did and save myself some choking! :icecream:

I was wondering what the difference was between the LR and standard Atty too. I've been using mainly cartomizers with my new eGo and was considering the purchase of an LR atty. Now I know for sure that I'll be ordering one along with a tip for direct dripping. Woo Hoo! I'm loving the responsive informativeness of the forum members here. You all rock!

That's the main reason we're here Ron... we all know exactly how it feels when first starting out. It can be a bit intimidating at times with all the stuff that's out there and the lingo. It makes us feel like we're needed by someone... and most of us can't find anyone that wants us, let alone needs us! :thumbsup:

Ok, got another clarification question for ya.....(since DV just loves to be needed. ;) )

LR atty, vs standard atty vs 510 atty. What the heck is the difference between them?

I thought on the eGo, the atty's were all 510's just that some were LR and some were standard. Am I correct? Or is a 510 something altogether different?

Danks!

Jodie