City Attorney Working On Controlling E-Cigarettes

Christopher

A new law passed by the Minnesota Legislature means local cities may need to update ordinances dealing with the use and sale of tobacco.

During the last legislative session, lawmakers approved the Tobacco Modernization and Compliance Act of 2010.

The law, which went into effect Aug. 1, is in response to new tobacco products that make them more attractive and kid-friendly.

“Right now there is no regulation to enforce the use of E-cigarettes,” says Wells city attorney David Frundt. “As far as the Legislature is concerned, they are cigarettes.”

Frundt told Wells council members he wants to

Read more: http://www.faribaultcountyregister.com/page/content.detail/id/502437/City-attorney-working-on-controlling-E-cigarettes.html?nav=5002

Well, I suppose it's comforting that the Minnesota legislature views them as tobacco products...

The Heigl video was all over the news, i.e., CBS, Huff Post, and somewhere else I can't remember at the moment...some blog that was linked to the CBS online article, the thrust of which is e-cigarettes are not regulated, the health effects are not documented, and that they will attract people under the age of 18. I would expect to see more and more of this in the mainstream media.

I'm somewhat amazed that there has been no decision, no news on the NJoy case.

Oh I like that! They'll be treating them like analogs, sold only from behind the counter like analogs, and restricted from minors. No doubt, the next step will be adding the overly high nicotine tax though. Better rozin up your salesmen suits Ladies and Gentlemen :)

Yea, we know how big the problem is finding electronic cigarettes all over the ground. Why it's a bigger problem then analog butts many still lit all over the ground. We need to get on this right away!