Is 100% Vg Killing My E-Cig Experience?

Okay, now I'm starting to think that the symptoms I was having in this thread had nothing to do with the wick, but had more to do with the fact that I was vaping 100% VG. I'm getting the same nasty "flavor" in my new cartos and atties after vaping with the old VG-only liquids for a day or so. That doesn't seem to be the case with my (seemingly) PG-heavy liquids.

I've read elsewhere that liquids with a high VG content can gum up on an atty and emit nasty vapor after a while. Any truth to this? It certainly seems to be the case for me right now.

Should I be using 100% PG, or is there a small amount of VG (say, up to %20) that could be considered? I do love thick vapor, but I don't want to be burning through atties and cartos every other day. Vapor production and TH with the PG stuff seems to be fine when dripping, but it's unbearably light when using the cartos.

Edited by upStomp

For me... I always go for the least amount of VG I can, or all PG. I use cartos full time so I'm much better off using the thinnest PG based liquids so they soak in and keep up with my vaping. I've had to use VG based juice before in my cartos and I really have to vape much slower to let it get caught up and soaked back in. Even with 100% PG I still find I can power vape too fast and start to get that dry/crispy taste. Then I know it's time to slow down... So, yes, I would guess that you may be doing that with your attys/cartos as well... especially if you do all VG or a mix of VG when you vape. It's just too thick and it takes more time to wick where it needs to be. Personally, I think you could get away with a 70/30 mix... or even better yet a 80/20 mix! It doesn't take but a bit of VG to add more vapor into the equation. Try cutting back on the VG and see how it works. I still get plenty of vapor/flavor with 100% PG that I use most of the time also... so I don't think you need to worry about that.

Edited by DAYVAPE

Hi, yep Dayvape said it well! Early on I had difficulties using all VG, same thing, slow on the draw, and it wicked gummed-up my attys. I get powerful vapor with some all PG liquids. I would never, ever use all VG in a carto. To me, it would be like pouring syrup into it. This is just my personal experience with VG.

Thanks guys. Been vaping on TopVapor since the OP and It's been pretty seamless. I don't know what the mix is exactly, but it's definitely a lot thinner than the VG I got from CigNot. My Wife's been vaping the VG and just started complaining about the change in taste tonight. I'll blow the atty out tomorrow and tell her to use the TopVapor stuff from now on (she's finally completely off the analogues, btw). I'll mix in a bit of the VG as we burn through the PG stuff so it doesn't go to waste. It's kind of a shame...the CigNot juices taste damn good when they're not gumming up the works.

I'll be aiming for an 80/20 ratio from here on out, I think. I'll be trying out some VaporBomb stuff next month if I don't end up going completely DIY.

Hi, yep Dayvape said it well! Early on I had difficulties using all VG, same thing, slow on the draw, and it wicked gummed-up my attys. I get powerful vapor with some all PG liquids. I would never, ever use all VG in a carto. To me, it would be like pouring syrup into it. This is just my personal experience with VG.

Very confused. I use only VG but in carts and so far so good. I use WU VG I saw somewhere it's thinner, I don't know but what about 50/50? I really like the VG better. I have an ego coming any thoughts?

Same here. 100% VG, initially tastes better but gums up my atty pretty quick. Plus the vapor is more "syrupy" in my throat after awhile. I like it for initial taste and vapor PRODUCTION but yea, I'm definitely going for a pg/vg mix as well.

Along the same vein, 100% PG is way too "wispy" for me. Can hardly tell there's any vapor going in (although a lot gets blown out) and taste is not nearly as intense.

I have an eGo and the VG definitely gunks the atomizer.

So I saw someone mention on here that they "blow out" their atomizer so I decided to do that (into a napkin) to clean it out...

:::::WARNING:::::

Close your eyes before you do it because it splattered into my eye (somehow??) and I had menthol juice in it. EOOOOWWWIIIEEE!!!! :vava::hrhr:

Edited by Jodie

I like to use 100% VG. Apparently, unlike most people, I only use all VG in cartomizers. I put it in 510 boge cartomizers at 3.2-3.4 ohms resistance and vape it at 6V. It's true that VG sometimes doesn't want to absorb but if you put in four-five drops to start out with and poke it with a small screwdriver to get it into the filler, then afterwords the juice absorbs very well, you just have to get it started. Also, I have found that you should only vape all VG liquids at a high voltage. As for it tasting strange, I have not had a problem with that on my Prodigy V3 (6V).

i use 100% VG in Boge carto's, and have never had a problem. Cannot say the same about SLB carto's though, I've tried several variations of the SLB's and none of them wick properly.