Boiled Cartomizers To Clean

AimeeG

Mark... THANK YOU!

Dayvape... excellent!

Wow, so the two new LR cartos that I filled up and tasted like a** can now have the liquid removed?! That is awesome. I really hadn't wanted to lose that much liquid, but chalked it up to being part of what happens sometimes (kind of like when I had to stop an analog before it was done), but now I can get back that liquid?! Genius. I really am bummed by my new LR cartos. I got them before from the same supplier, but this batch seems to be half duds. And my luck I ordered 25 of them. Well, at least the two that did that burnt thing are now savable... for the liquid! Yeah.

Hey Aimee, I think what dayvape is refering to is the "Reverse Taryn Spin". The video can be found here:

Wow, when the student is ready, the teacher appears!!! Thanks! The Taryn Spin is cool, but the Reverse Taryn Spin is major. :)

And SO extremely effective too let me tell ya! You can pretty much drain a carto of it's juice doing this. One thing I will mention... it works even better when you have a little bit longer length, of whatever you plan to use, to really get it flyin'! It will gain you some extra momentum and just makes it easier to do. :thumbsup:

Edited by DAYVAPE

And SO extremely effective too let me tell ya! You can pretty much drain a carto of it's juice doing this. One thing I will mention... it works even better when you have a little bit longer length, of whatever you plan to use, to really get it flyin'! It will gain you some extra momentum and just makes it easier to do. :thumbsup:

Yes, I've been using a longer length thingie to get it flying. The first time I did it tho, the carto slipped out and went like a bullet across the living room before it hit the ac unit, lol! Last night I had just filled a three-day old carto, took a toot, and it shorted out...kinda scary...burnt brown nasty, nasty juice. I probably poked it too much with the paperclip. Anywayz, I feel like I waste too much juice so the reverse Taryn will alleviate some of that I think.

What I do is take a couple of q-tips and make sure the inside of the carto-condom is dry. Then, squeeze it together a little as you slide it on, and it will create a sort of suction onto the carto. I have not had one even move at all on me since doing it this way... and I REALLY get mine spinning! I don't know if that makes sense or not.. I sure hope it did! :thumbsup:

• 4 months later...

After you boil them and they dry well you may have to take a paper clip and throw it right down the middle and re fluff the wicking stuff a bit, then you are gonna wanna make sure they are dry again, this stops the watery feeling/taste. HTH

ok, im trying this again myself and i have to ask, what if you absolutely cannot get the paperclip to go all the way through, in fact ive got a couple of them that will not let me, and i cannot see any hole when i hold them up to the light, but at any rate i fear that my constant probing and trying to jam the paper clip down might actually break yet another cart... im starting to think it might just be a good idea for me to just stock up on cartos with my tax refund ....

no no no!! I will not boil mine anymore. I will take hot water and squirt it through the carto on both side, but I will not boil them..:sofa:

boiling them really does get them clean.You just have to be careful not to burn yourself.

After you boil them and they dry well you may have to take a paper clip and throw it right down the middle and re fluff the wicking stuff a bit, then you are gonna wanna make sure they are dry again, this stops the watery feeling/taste. HTH

Thank you! I was wondering what the heck was wrong with my cartos! This fixed them and made them work extremely well, especially compared to the fact that I was getting nearly no vapor, and hardly any flavor! I think it was just clogged like mad.