Odd Occurence With My New Ego

I just put a new medium res 2.5 ohm carto on my eGo battery that I've had for a little over a month now and without pressing the button, it continued to sizzle and seemingly remain "on". It almost immediately started smoking and I took off the carto right away. I let it sit for a minute and then tried another carto (the one I had just used and was going to replace) and it's doing the same thing. I have used these cartos on this eGo all the time with no trouble. Also, the blue led isn't lighting up, nor the button light. It works but, won't shut off. I tried to see if the button was sticking and it isn't. I wipe all the inside every time I take a carto off and before putting it on the charger every night. I never fill with it on the battery either. Could it be fried?

Any thoughts?

It's definitely a bad battery. I would notify your supplier and arrange an exchange for a good one. It's not common for this to happen, but it has a time or two. Janty had to deal with one or two and were more than agreeable to exchange batteries with the owners so that they could then examine the problem battery and prevent any future occurances. If your supplier doesn't honor the exchange, i would toss the battery and supplier both.

It's definitely a bad battery. I would notify your supplier and arrange an exchange for a good one. It's not common for this to happen, but it has a time or two. Janty had to deal with one or two and were more than agreeable to exchange batteries with the owners so that they could then examine the problem battery and prevent any future occurances. If your supplier doesn't honor the exchange, i would toss the battery and supplier both.

Thanks Uma. I got it at Clouds of Vapor. I'm not sure about their exchange/refund policy but I'll find out. I ordered this on Aug 28 and probably got it and started using it the first week of Sept. so it's not even a month. :(

I'm sure Bruce will honor the return/exchange. It'll drive him nuts if he don't! :) (he's a good guy).

Good luck!

You are very right Uma...he is a great guy. :)

Hi Lori,

I am sorry, wow!

I get a 6 month guarantee from the supplier, so I can send you out a new one

today.

You are lucky! I just got mega's in!

• 2 months later...

Curious - are they Joye eGo batteries, or are they Riva or some other imitation?

ok heres the break down

2 mega ego batterys 900mah in kit( hard plastic button no logo on bottom of battery)- 1 is Fried and 2nd will never stop charging and it only lasts 2 hours

1 riva replacement battery 650 mah from happysmokes- they are replacing it

Don't think i've ever seen two bad Joye ego batts in the same kit before but i guess it could happen...maby a bad mosfet batch or something. They are made in China but Joye's quality is usually pretty good, especially in the last year or so. Joye offers their vendors a guarantee so most vendors of Genuine Joye products will warranty them but most times the shipping costs override any real benefit if you ordered them heavily discounted. Try the supplier first but if no luck, do what i do and pretend it was a couple packs of smokes that we burned up anyway and get some more batts.

• 2 weeks later...